Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

HM to long to expensive!!!!

choboon
02.06.2012 , 06:34 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by dancingwolf View Post
Why are HMs harder then raiding!!!!
They can be done every day for Columi Tokens, you can even do all Bosses except the last, reset and start again the same day.
If it were any easier, people would be equipped even faster. Also, Hard Mode...

Why do they charge you 50k to repair???
They dont, it depends on quality and damage of gear. I only pay that kind of reapir bills in Ops or when we did Hardmodes for the first time. Do a few dailies, money made again.

As of now I need to farm for two hours to run 3 hours of a FP in witch may not even end well with the last boss even dieing.
That is hardly Biowares fault, the hardmodes are definately doable, they were tough at first (again, they are called HARD MODE) but now we run some in just over 20 min.

You have to spam for a hour to get the group to full then its wipe time and thats if and I MEAN IF the boss isnt bugged some how.
I agree that the lfg options are to limited. At the moment the best option is to get a decent guild / friendslist.

PLEAEs tell me and the rest of us you have plans to fix the cost and inbalance of these HM with the time and gear it takes to do them. Raiding is so much faster and cheaper then this.
I dont see an imbalance, again, you can do all hardmodes every single day. Not doing the endbosses you can farm all the ones in between until your fingers bleed.
The possibility to equip yourself is thus much higher then in Ops.
Just how easy do you want it to be ??

choboon
02.06.2012 , 06:38 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Dhariq View Post
I found it easier and faster to gear up for pve by just doing pvp.
I would rather repeatedly stab myself in the eye with a fork then do that again.
(Beware, subjective Oppinion incoming)
Running Hardmodes is fun, PvP in Swtor is not.

Mayol
02.06.2012 , 07:08 AM | #13
Apart from D7 being broken for certain group make-ups, I don't see the problem.

I started tanking HMs in crafted gear (advanced or mastercraft with the augment slot, you can add tons of mitigation or dps stats to your gear) with absolutely no problems.

If you're running with people kitted in epics and wiping constantly, someone is doing something very wrong. I've only done each one a couple of times and cant steamroll through them without stopping in a pug.

Keep running them til you get a good group, add those people to your friends list. You'll end up with 10-20 people who are on around the same time as you and know what they're doing, and you'll find out how easy the HMs are, bugs aside.

Only time I've had a problem was a dps who showed up in level 40 healer greens. Enrage timers left, right and centre.

Dantragk
02.06.2012 , 07:37 AM | #14
So...

Much...

Trash...

Areoss
02.06.2012 , 07:45 AM | #15
"This just in: Hardmodes are hard."

Hardmodes are a deceptive thing. One would believe that since they are called hard mode... that they aren't hard.

But to our surprise, hardmodes are actually hard. It seems that you need to have a group with their heads screwed on to be able to clear the hard modes without much of a problem.

This kind of system is ridiculous and the community wants to steam roll any hardmode with little effort.

This kind of deception is a game breaker and everyone wants it to change. At least change the title of hard mode to represent that it's hard.

More news at 11 where we discuss that snipers shoot stuff with guns from far away.
[▀!▀(Θ)▀!▀]Ξ▀!!▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀)
True PvP Skills

OrphanOfDarkness
02.06.2012 , 07:46 AM | #16
LMAO amazes me how un-good people are at simple games like this one
╔═⊶Unnecessary Girth⊷═╗
≼Orphan Juggernaut≽
╚╦══╪⋑The Bastion⋐╪══╦╝

Couac
02.06.2012 , 07:51 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by nexusbob View Post
lol so u dont like to wipe go play normal then - and if u dont got the money at u lvl50 then u ar make som ting wrong - i make 300-400k a day easy . so if u cant handle wipe 3-5 times and pay for u gear then u need to go back to WoW/Rift/aion in sted - just make u daly quest u get over 100k in 1H - let me see u got Bio crew skill hehe sorry for u then- i sell stuff on Gtm wed easy and make a hell lot of money cypertec on my Alt i sell like 14-18 ship parts a day - and on main i got armormec sell 6-10 gear items a day lvl45 to 50 Epix wed no problem - i just buy the Stims i need for HM OPS and i stell got over 5mill - leern to make money --- and on the side HM is not to long love it
Didn't I see you trolling the other post about this same subject as well? Hard to forget.
(╯)╯︵ ┻━┻

PhoenixMatrix
02.06.2012 , 08:04 AM | #18
Seems like HM flashpoints are only there if you can't get 8 people together or you're on timer for ops. Right now that happens a lot since there's only 2 normal mode ops, and one may be too hard for some, thus only leaving one.

But thats really where it ends. It takes less time to speedrun normal EV 5/5 than it does to speed run False Emperor (ok, maybe not less time but its freagin close) with similarly geared people. in False Emperor HM you get a chance at MAYBE getting a chest piece for someone who can use it. and maybe 1-2 tionese pieces. Maybe. On normal EV you get 20 chances, and they're assigned to classes that, while maybe not the right specs, can at least equip them.

So in my book, 1 normal EV is worth 30+ runs of HM flashpoints.

Xneco
02.06.2012 , 08:04 AM | #19
I think Hard modes have the right difficultly... and I don't want them to change it.

IThrowRocks
02.06.2012 , 08:56 AM | #20
Hardmodes require good coordination and many times require a tank that can position and do a good job. These are not easy by any stretch if you do not outgear them. Enrage timers make it so you can't move slowly either.

The fact is I don't see a problem. Get some good players together and get on vent. Prefferably find a guild who has people that want to do competative content. But these flashes drop tier two. I will repeat, Tier Two. So difficulty and repair bills will be present as well.