Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Question regarding pre orders, not a flame thread

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Question regarding pre orders, not a flame thread

Apim
12.15.2011 , 09:52 AM | #1
Ok so here is my concern. I pre ordered from Newegg.com got my early access key and all that. Now i checked today and my pre order is still on hold, meaning they have not recieved the actual game yet. So doing the math here its going to take about 2-3 days to ship to me. not counting weekends. Does this mean i will not be able to play on the official launch day if i do not recieve my copy by the 20th? Is there any way if i show the devs my order reciept for the collectors edition that i would be able to play until i actualy recieve my game in the mail?
I would like some clarification on this please.
I do not suffer from Insanity...
...I enjoy every single minute from it

Vinncenzo
12.15.2011 , 09:58 AM | #2
im in the same boat. Ordered from gamesstop and they are telling me that i wont receive box set until 23rd or 24th, So 4 days no play after spending 170 bucks.... they need to fix this before launch.....

Apim
12.15.2011 , 10:09 AM | #3
Its a genuine concern. I mean what good does it do to get early access and then have to wait 4 days after release to get your copy? Id say they should offer us additional days ,after launch in order to give us time to recieve our copys, before we have to type in our serial number.
That would be fair. BW please respond.

insanityspeaks
12.15.2011 , 10:09 AM | #4
Use your early access key on the website then it allows you to download the game from them so you can have it installed and ready to play before you actually receive the physical copy of it this is what i did. Hope this helps

Apim
12.15.2011 , 10:12 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by insanityspeaks View Post
Use your early access key on the website then it allows you to download the game from them so you can have it installed and ready to play before you actually receive the physical copy of it this is what i did. Hope this helps
It doesnt help because on launch day you have to set up your subscription to play the game, for which you need the retail code located in your game box.

Apim
12.15.2011 , 10:22 AM | #6
the post was drowned. I would really appreciate some info on this

Neothanos
12.15.2011 , 10:27 AM | #7
Im on the same boat.

insanityspeaks
12.15.2011 , 10:34 AM | #8
no once they activste your early access code you can setup a subscription by active early access code meaning let u have early access to game then it lets u setup a subscription plan i just got an invite to early access and now i can set up my subscription and start playing before it was just grayed out

Neothanos
12.15.2011 , 10:35 AM | #9
Im on the same boat.

insanityspeaks
12.15.2011 , 10:37 AM | #10
so if u dont understand yet u can setup a subscription and download game without your retail code just your early access code so your not going to be waiting or losing any time