Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Bulwark and Directive 7 FP

Kutteruk
02.05.2012 , 06:00 PM | #1
Hi all,

I come here asking for help... Help with Bulwark!

I know, I know there are many posts on this, there are many saying 'this fight is easy', there are yet more that say 'Normal mode?? your havin a laugh, sooo simple!'

I beg to differ... Me and my group have tried 3 nights in a row and failed over and over on Bulwark!

Not only that, but the damn FP resets, randomly whenever it feels like it! Sometimes we can go in and try him again, others its reset and well, thats, that one over for another night!

Ok group makeup...

I am the Tank lvl 50 Guardian

Healer lvl 50 Sage

Scoundrel lvl 49

& a Sentinel! Lvl 49

We have 85% purple gear, between us all rated 126 and above. Other gear is rated 100+ we probably have 3 items between us not up to much.. but hey, game is new right?

We have tried so many times to kill Bulwark, we have read over and over how you 'interrupt' his Smash!

Let me say thins only once.. You CAN NOT INTERRUPT HIS SMASH

There I said it, and I mean it!

I have 14k HP, and after a smash I have around 2.5 our sentinel (who has 12.5) often dies.

That 2.5 dont last long, and even with the healer and the Scoundrel healing, there comes a point where the smash just finishes one of us, and its game over.

Seriously folks...

How do you kill this guy??

Thanks

Art.

Whatsalightsaver
02.05.2012 , 07:23 PM | #2
The boss has two cast bar abilities. One's the smash, one isn't. If you're not interrupting the smash, you're going to die. If you are positive you're interrupting the right ability, there's a bug. I did it a couple weeks ago with no problems, so you're either not interrupting the right ability, or like I said, it's bugged. Also, be sure to tank him facing one of the walls, as he has a cone ability that goes down the center of the room. Not much more can be said to help you.
My other Jedi Consular is a panda.

Sengar
02.05.2012 , 08:20 PM | #3
Read the patch notes again. No longer interruptable.

MelliMelon
02.05.2012 , 10:55 PM | #4
Just took down hard mode today. Oddly, me as a smuggle healer has more hp than you as a tank (15k atm). Anyway, I only ran it once (and won) so I don't have TOO good advice, but what worked for US (sent, shadow, vanguard, scoundrel) was healer sitting under the console (the one with the button), rotating hots on everyone. From the healer's perch, the AOE does not damage him. So if you have ranged DPS, they should just stay there. If you have melee DPS, have them run there when you see he's using it. I was fine just having the DPS take the damage, but whatever helps!

Anyway, definitely read up on some strats, if you can CC the droids, they'll be out of action until the next wave spawns and the CCed ones will disappear... Umm... I think on normal mode when he enters the "defense" invincibility thing you can take the time to reheal...

But if I understand you correctly, the problem is that DPS is getting owned by the AoE skill, so just watch out for that.

Wish I could be more help

Kutteruk
02.06.2012 , 04:34 AM | #5
Thanks for your replies everyone.

I dont find it odd that you have more HP than me as a Scoundrel because you are running Hard Mode FP's, we are only on normals.. This stands to reason that you have better gear, and probably the reason you are surviving. I can think of no other reason.

You cant 'avoid' the smash, we have tried MANY times, and it's impossible. You just have to take the damage and continue which we are not capable of..

Oh well, to US this is too hard.. Guess we have to run the easier ones and hope for better drops than we already have. It's always strange to me that OTHER people always seem to find this more easy than me and my guilds, I guess we must be doing something wrong..

I am interested to hear however, is there anyone else out there having issue with Bulwark??

Please come forward, please say something, because right now I feel that me and my entire guild are playing the game incorrectly, as we cant even do 1 boss on a NORMAL FP!

Thanks,

Mayol
02.06.2012 , 07:22 AM | #6
If it makes you feel better, I'd say Bulwark is one of the hardest bosses, at least in HM.

Besides Interrogator with infinite adds... that's just rough.

Pretty much steamroll everything else.

Talorra
02.06.2012 , 09:41 AM | #7
Have you tried having the tank face him to one console side and the rest of the group sit under the opposite console? Then just run out of the AoE, stay out of the front arc of smash and use the consoles to break his shield.
M'arik <Intrepid> 16-player Progression The Harbinger
IntrepidOps.com | Live Stream | Recruitment Thread | @Twitter