Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Playing a Sage: why cant I defeat those "Bleeder parts pushers"?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Sage / Sorcerer
Playing a Sage: why cant I defeat those "Bleeder parts pushers"?

QuiQuaeQuod
02.05.2012 , 07:15 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by ClavisN View Post
The weren't effected by my force wave.

Well, Nar Shaddaa is listed as 20-24, and I'm 24 - so that should be right.

But thanks for the suggestion.

Yep. Thats my strategy, too. Usually.

So, to repeat my question - is there any sage equivalent to the soldier's Mortar Strike (which is ideal for that purpose)?
Idk; I'm actually a Shadow on my main. Force in Balance has some use and I know we share it, but it's not massively potent, I guess all the cool shizzles for hitting multiple enemies at range is a little higher than 24.

Quote: Originally Posted by ClavisN View Post

Well, Nar Shaddaa is listed as 20-24, and I'm 24 - so that should be right.

But thanks for the suggestion.
So, you still have the problem... Go level anyway, come back and kick their asses. Means you'll be one level ahead of the curve for the next planet too.

Saseav
02.05.2012 , 07:16 PM | #12
in case your serious, do you use force lift? or do you not know that it lasts a minute now?
if no on either of those use it.
Quote:
yeah yeah, blame your perverted mind on sas, just get on with explaining! I sense/smell a bad joke coming.
VIP
Lvl 50 TK Sage-Battlemaster of Slam Force

branclem
02.05.2012 , 07:21 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Saseav View Post
in case your serious, do you use force lift? or do you not know that it lasts a minute now?
if no on either of those use it.
This. Turn off Qyzen's AoEs, lift the silver, and if you don't touch him he'll stay lifted for a full minute. Kill the minions with single-target dps, heal up if you need to, and then break the lift and take out the silver.

MariLupus
02.05.2012 , 09:35 PM | #14
Personaly I find sending Qyzen in first on one of the standards then casting force lift on the strong works fine. The force lift takes effect at about the same time Qyzen reaches the mob.

So if you have bubled both Qyzen and yourself before starting means Qyzen will aquier agro through his taunts before your buble drops. This way also gives you a few seconds to DPS as well before renewing Qyzens buble and healing him back to full.

Also if the lifted target is at one side of the group you can place a force quake that will hit the active mobs but not the CCed one.
At last we will reveal ourselves to the Trolls. At last we will have revenge.
Former guildleader Mayhen, Nightmare Lands republic guild.

folderpirate
02.06.2012 , 12:52 AM | #15
In case you didnt catch it, the OP is suggesting hes a melee Sage.

2/10 for effort.

Vealage
02.06.2012 , 02:23 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by folderpirate View Post
In case you didnt catch it, the OP is suggesting hes a melee Sage.

2/10 for effort.
Maybe because it is late, but I still haven't caught that.

Anyway, as was mentioned previously: Use Force Lift on the silver (Strong) mob, then beat down the other two. Force life will last 60 seconds if it isn't interrupted. Once the other two are killed you can sit back and just heal yourself up. Then, have Qyzen attack the Strong mob while you put your DoT (Damage-over-Time) skills on it, then hammer it with Disturbance.

Hope this helps! Sages are really good at PvE, but there is a learning curve without a doubt.
Master Rohim Dangala, Guildmaster of <U Mad Brosith>
Check out our recruitment page here!Contact us in-game for an invite!

[Insert whitty comment here, followed by chuckles and admiration for me.]

Naldaen
02.06.2012 , 03:14 AM | #17
How is this possible? If you're lifting the silver and dying to two normal mobs, that's...what?

Do you have gear on? Do you use your abilities? How do you die as a class with baseline heals that starts with a tank companion?
Thurl, Hired Gun
The Garanhir Legacy
Prophecy of the Five

SandsOfArrakis
02.06.2012 , 04:36 AM | #18
Not sure what to make of this.
Maybe you should wait till you finish the Nar Shadaa class quest. You get a nice help for stuff like this then.

Haven't been using Qyzen ever since. Decided to upgrade him yesterday a bit. Since he was still running around in his Taris gear... And I'm 47 now.

Just make sure Qyzen's AOE is off. Force lift the silver and send Qyzen in to take on one of the normal mobs. While you kill the other one. Help Qyzen finish off the 2nd (and heal up if needed). Then let him attack the Silver elite. After a few second you join in. Just watch Qyzen's health. He might need a heal.

This should work.
Írulan (Sage) ~ Jeanne'd'Arc (Guardian) ~ Sihaya (Scoundrel) ~ Elysaine (Sent)
Rhíannon (Sorc) ~ Gaeriel (Merc) ~ Ìrulan (Mara) ~ Aurorâ (Op) ~ Samus-Aran (PT)
The Corrino Legacy Server: The Red Eclipse

Khadroth
02.06.2012 , 07:28 AM | #19
Aside from the fact that OP is clearly trolling from various comments (force wave doesn't effect them? BS), I'll answer.

Force Lift the Silver Mob.
Make sure Qyzen's Taunt is enabled.
Make sure Qyzen's Tank Stance is enabled.
Make sure you use your own CC break if you get stunned.
Use Medpacks if you get low.
Use Force Stun and Force Wave if you run into trouble.

If you still have trouble with a silver and 2 normals after all that... quit the game.
The Starwind Legacy Anchorhead (PvP East)
"Tsu" 50 Miraluka Bala Sage "Soge" 3 Chiss Sniper
"Roronoa" 10 Pureblood Sentinel "Ashellia" 12 Borg PT
"Gene" 50 Human Gunslinger "Erza" 11 Human Jugg
"Shocktrooper" 16 Borg Comm "Hei" 1 Chiss Assassin

EleanorB
03.06.2013 , 04:06 AM | #20
Make sure you are all healed before you try to take them on.