Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Lag in Warzones. Looking For Fix not QQ.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Lag in Warzones. Looking For Fix not QQ.

DarkWarAngel
02.05.2012 , 08:22 PM | #21
i lowered a couple settings think the shader or shadows cant rember what it is called and it seems to fix my issue also plugging in and not going wireless helped me out as well
Through strength, I gain power
Through power, I gain victory
Through victory, my chains are broken

War...

Kon_man
02.05.2012 , 08:59 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthHarlem View Post
With a 15mb connection is very possible. Especially if you are wireless or have wireless with insufficient security. A bigger possibly is if you are sharing the same network with others who are doing anything from basic browsing, console gaming, to downloading or streaming video. So remember, If you have lag its one of three things. Its your PC, your connection, or both.

I can't tell you how many times I've seen someone uniformed on how networking works say "its not my connection" or " I know my connection is good" and it ends up being their connection.
I am a computer science major and have a buddy that is a Network Engineer for 15 years check it out. I am on a secured wireless network with no way for anyone else to get on it. I live alone so no one else is ever on my connection. I have changed out routers with no avail. I have connected through a Ethernet and yet again nothing.

Like I said I can play a number of other games with no lag nor latency problems. I am not claiming I know everything about computer nor am I saying I am a expert. I just don't see how is it my issue as I don't lag on any other game and when I played wow I was on a west coast server (I am in Southern Mississippi) now I play on a east coast in SWTOR and it get lag.

I am not comparing the two games I know SWOTOR is new. Also I see no lag on my Xbox 360 playing live. Battlefield 3 online runs with out a hitch so does other games. I will get a buddy to come over tomorrow and check his laptop and see if it is my internet.

DarthHarlem
02.05.2012 , 09:19 PM | #23
I am a Tier3 Chief help desk analyst and I deal with this kind of stuff all the time. Here is something you should consider.
----
When you are in a warzone, it is an instance. Meaning it is just created for you and all of the other players in that warzone. If this was a server problem on Biowares end, everyone and I mean everyone would be experiencing the same problem as you. Which is not the case. I for one never have lag. My team at my office had nine of us that were playing before we all canceled. Only one of us had lag and that one person was stealing his connection from his neighbor and the wireless connection was bad from the beginning.

I have no idea if its your pc or connection but its certainly one of them. Even though you and I have the same cards. You might have some programs running in the background, male-ware, spyware, or just clogged vents. Maybe your not getting the 15mbs that you think you are and need to address this with your ISP. I don't know. Bottom line, I have everything maxed on my laptop and have 0 lag in warzones.

Either way man, the problem is on your end, not Biowares.
Former vet of EQ, SWG, WW2Online, Eve Online, DC Online, Age of Conan, Warhammer, Aion, and the king pvp mmo DAOC.

Grand Lord Darth Harlem the Sith Juggernaut

Saviorofcamelot
02.05.2012 , 09:22 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Kon_man View Post
Ok, So I just restarted my sub to give the game one last shot I wanted to be fair and give it a chance. After playing for a few minutes I qued up for a warzone and it popped almost instantly. The first one was Alderaan and though I like this one I couldn't play it. The lag was evident in the first few seconds when I tried to click on the speeder to go down and it took more than 30 seconds to even register and show me leaving.

The second warzone was Voidstar, now this one was not as bad as Alderaan, but the lag was still there and noticeable. It is almost impossible for me to be competitive in Pvp as a Sith Sin and lag like I do.

I am running a Asus G73jh:
Intel quad-core I7 1.6ghz over-clocked to 2.6ghz
8 gigs of DDR3 ram
Ati Radeon Mobility HD 5870
Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
Comcast 15+mbps connection with a Netgear router

I have reflashed my BIOS and Video BIOS for the ATI issue. Have all drivers updated even tried rolling them back. I have all ports open through my router. No firewall/AV stopping anything. I have tried doing a Clean Boot. Tried using a buddies internet. I have done almost everything I can think of to fix this issue that I only have on this game.

I can play Battlefield 3, Wow, Batman Arkham Asylum with no issues. Company Of Heros, Sid Meier's Civilization V, The Witcher 1 and 2 all max settings with no issues/problems. I can't get over 30 fps on the fleet and load times are horrible going to planets.

I am not a huge PvEr anymore, I don't even like the quest in this game and really just wanted to PvP on my Sin, but due to lag I can't. I normally have 50-60ms on the server and during warzones less than 12 fps.

TL;DR: Y U Lag N Warzones SWTOR? Any suggestions on a fix?
I run a terrible laptop with Windows 7, i.3 proc with 8 gigs ram and I never have issues aside from my DSL re-booting every few hours.
Kamikazi - 40+ Scoundrel Healer - The Courageous
Kamikazi - 50 Sage Healer- Jedi Covenant

Kon_man
02.05.2012 , 09:35 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthHarlem View Post
I am a Tier3 Chief help desk analyst and I deal with this kind of stuff all the time. Here is something you should consider.
----
When you are in a warzone, it is an instance. Meaning it is just created for you and all of the other players in that warzone. If this was a server problem on Biowares end, everyone and I mean everyone would be experiencing the same problem as you. Which is not the case. I for one never have lag. My team at my office had nine of us that were playing before we all canceled. Only one of us had lag and that one person was stealing his connection from his neighbor and the wireless connection was bad from the beginning.

I have no idea if its your pc or connection but its certainly one of them. Even though you and I have the same cards. You might have some programs running in the background, male-ware, spyware, or just clogged vents. Maybe your not getting the 15mbs that you think you are and need to address this with your ISP. I don't know. Bottom line, I have everything maxed on my laptop and have 0 lag in warzones.

Either way man, the problem is on your end, not Biowares.
I appreciate you help and thank you for the information. I have cleaned all vents and fans in my laptop I also use a cooling pad that keeps my temperatures in and around 80-85C. I have had 3+ people at my house playing wow and netflix streaming on my xbox 360 and have had no issues.

I also did a destructive recovery on both hard drives before I re installed it. I re-installed all updates and the game. I uninstalled all unnecessary software and restarted in a clean boot. Their is nothing running the in the background. I installed from a disk so I didn't even have to come to the website to download it.

I have no idea what the issue is. I just played Blood Line Champions with no problems then switched to Battlefield 3. My temps maxed out at 87C.

Kon_man
02.05.2012 , 09:39 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by DarkWarAngel View Post
i lowered a couple settings think the shader or shadows cant rember what it is called and it seems to fix my issue also plugging in and not going wireless helped me out as well
I have tried changing a few settings and in the fleet I will see a bump. I think I am playing on medium settings and I am not sure what is on or not. I know conversation dept and bloom are off and low. I believe shadow is off.

Kon_man
02.05.2012 , 10:41 PM | #27
Also another thing I noticed was weapons would load, yet character models wouldn't. So I would have a floating double-bladed lightsaber attacking me.

jamaika
02.05.2012 , 10:48 PM | #28
try playing in windowed mode with vertical sinc, bloom and shadows off see if that works, you can also reset your ui when in a warzone and that should also help just click ctrl+u twice tod o so

Kon_man
02.05.2012 , 11:00 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by jamaika View Post
try playing in windowed mode with vertical sinc, bloom and shadows off see if that works, you can also reset your ui when in a warzone and that should also help just click ctrl+u twice tod o so
Will do, I didn't think about trying windowed mode. I normally hate it. I will also try resetting the UI.