Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Commando vs Sage healing

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Roles > Healing
Commando vs Sage healing

Soshla
02.07.2012 , 10:54 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by RuQu View Post
I think the word he was looking for was "familiar." Their regen works in a way that most people understand from WoW and other MMOs.
No, I meant forgiving. If you overcast as a Commando, the penalty is severe and pretty much instant. If you forget the occasional Noble Sacrifice, there aren't any short-term losses and with 5-minute boss fights, it's probably not going to catch up to you later.

Evilgaw
11.21.2012 , 03:41 PM | #12
Regardless what people tell you or what they think, all three healers are viable in pvp and pve in any combination ie 2 commando's, what sets them apart is what their good and not so good at, I've played all three end game

Sage = Best Aoe but isnt best single target
Scoundrel = is in the middle good single target good aoe but not best at either
Commando = Best single target healer (aoe is poor) - now before people say i single target heal better than a commando ask yourself this can you heal a single target for up to 24k in 4.5 seconds

Darth_Dreselus
11.23.2012 , 04:09 PM | #13
Coming from a guild which has 1 of each as first pick raiders (1/4 NiM EC atm) I can tell you that they are all good (on parser it is usually 50/50, I only overtake with Salvation spamming [I do like to spam my Salvation ] and thus effective healing still stays about 50/50). Each class has it perks but each class is capable of clearing all the content when played correctly. Gone are the times when Commandos did not have a combat res. (What a stupid idea that was)
The Last Centurions Derpyn - Sage / Toughen - Vanguard / Bluffin - Scoundrel / Roughen - Sentinel
Filthy-rich - Juggernaut / Timberwulf - Sniper / Ironwill - Mercenary / Ahuizotl - Assassin

BiS Relics for Healers PvE/PvP

haksilence
12.04.2012 , 03:51 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Jooji View Post
I beg to disagree. You don't have to manage your resources at all as a commando. I mean obviously if you cast 3 straight MPs you'll run into issues but there's never really a reason to do that anyway. As a sage you have to life-tap after every proc, thus wasting GCDs that could be used on potential heals. The only reason sages are even competitive with commandos is their aoe healing.
commandos have the most unforgiving resource management system, in true endgame content where your pushed tooverheal people or you are forced to use a heal out of rotation, you get almost completely crippled. one single MP out of rotation could break a commando healer considering we have only one free heal (minus the one thats on a 2m cooldown) and only one ability to regain resource.