Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Raiding Problems: A Raiding Guild Leader's Take

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
Raiding Problems: A Raiding Guild Leader's Take

Ecclesiarch
02.05.2012 , 12:11 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by chton View Post
Is this about WoW or SWTOR.. oh nevermind it's about someone telling everyone how uber he is.
"Oh no, someone raised valid points on the internet, I MUST ridicule him".

The game in its current state is by far too easy, troll all you want but that is the sad truth.

- Ecc
Unmedicated Superiority
More Serverfirsts than the Devs
Info | Site | Apply

Tickdoff-Tank
02.05.2012 , 12:47 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Ecclesiarch View Post

The game in its current state is by far too easy, troll all you want but that is the sad truth.

- Ecc

I read your post and it seems to be another way of saying "I am Uberz!1!1!11" "I amz bordz."

The process for canceling your subscription is easy, I suggest you try it out.

Lamdizzle
02.05.2012 , 12:48 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Ecclesiarch View Post

- Ecc
Yea its a trolling but a pretty funny and accurate one. IMHO people need to calm down. This game is not even two months old...again this game is not even two months old people. Give credit where its due. Where any of you present at WoW's launch? Highly doubt it cause you would not be QQing right now. It has been a great launch for SWTOR. At least we have raids (sorry ops) to complain about. Two full, fully functional raids that each have 3 different difficulties. Yes NM mode is easy, yes there really is not point of doing 16 over 8. But people come on..I for one am glad they have their priorities in order. My server has come down maybe 3 times for unscheduled maintenance. Yes I am on a lower populated server but i have never once sat in a queue. Hardly ever just crash to desktop. IMO people need to have more patience and give the credit where its due. Great job BW/LA because this launch has easily been the smoothest and jammed full of more content then any MMO i have ever played.

Poochymama
02.05.2012 , 01:09 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by XElementalX View Post
Summary:

"SWTOR does not have any complex endgame content 2 months after release".

Comment:

No surprise there. None of the larger western MMOs released with much more.
EQ2 launched with 10 raid instances(compared to 2). On top of that they also had 8 story related raid instances. Even more, they had 14 contested raid mobs.

Merraith
02.05.2012 , 01:11 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Jiav View Post
Even the WOTLK version of naxx was harder than the current "nightmare" modes of swtor. Seriously for a veteran raider this content is a laughable joke, just look at the pylon "boss". Why not just add a chest with free loot there and get over it, same as the fate encounter. Pathetic to even call these "raid encounters".
The TOR ops content is very easy for veteran raiders, but the Wrath version of Naxx was probably the easiest raiding I've ever seen. Considering many people had done it the first time around and the mechanics were pretty much the exact same only easier with some stuff removed entirely from the fights...you had people walking in in blue gear and clearing it with zero issues. You're not walking into nightmare and clearing 10/10 in fresh 50 gear or sub 50 flashpoint loot.

It was far more pathetic to call that version of the zone "Naxx" still than it is to call the fights in the first tier of raiding in all of TOR "raid encounters".

Tenthletter
02.05.2012 , 01:14 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Tickdoff-Tank View Post
The process for canceling your subscription is easy, I suggest you try it out.
From a business standpoint I'm sure BioWare is happy with people being encouraged to cancel their sub for raising valid points. I'm sure you'll be happy too when subscription numbers drop, servers are merged and you're left wondering why so many people left.

The OP raises valid points. If you're going to copy WoW then copy them, endgame and all. Only reason I'm still around is this is the entry level raid tier, the Naxx of Wrath for example, which was also a faceroll joke and is intended to be so. Let's see what the next tier is like before we go making rash decisions.

Another thing we all need to realize is the encounters can only be so complex with no addon support. WoW developers know that addons exist for their game and as a result design encounters realizing this. Try doing Heroic LK or even normal Nefarian at Cata release without addons. The encounters in ToR will always be simpler mechanically than in WoW because they have to be.

Rift encounters from a complexity standpoint are a better comparison because they have no addons either. Rift did a fine job making difficult encounters, so there's no reason ToR can't do it too.

urgod
02.05.2012 , 01:47 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Poochymama View Post
EQ2 launched with 10 raid instances(compared to 2). On top of that they also had 8 story related raid instances. Even more, they had 14 contested raid mobs.
eq2 flopped to and didn't get good until after 3 years of the game being out, so using eq2 is a bad example.

Jiav
02.05.2012 , 01:48 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Merraith View Post
The TOR ops content is very easy for veteran raiders, but the Wrath version of Naxx was probably the easiest raiding I've ever seen. Considering many people had done it the first time around and the mechanics were pretty much the exact same only easier with some stuff removed entirely from the fights...you had people walking in in blue gear and clearing it with zero issues. You're not walking into nightmare and clearing 10/10 in fresh 50 gear or sub 50 flashpoint loot.

It was far more pathetic to call that version of the zone "Naxx" still than it is to call the fights in the first tier of raiding in all of TOR "raid encounters".
Don't have to tell me, we came from world top 30 sunwell to sartharion, we beat him in one evening with quest gear 6 days after wotlk release. It was joke, after killing malygos and naxx we quitted as a guild, because the content was just a joke. However we came back to ulduar since that was quite hard.

Ashane
02.05.2012 , 01:55 PM | #19
To be honest, I'm shocked anyone came over thinking this game was going to be "difficult".

It was pretty clear from the interviews with the dev's that this game was aimed at the casual market. That it was intended to be played by a significant portion who had never played a MMO before.

They could have taken WoW's direction, release it hard, nerf it later.. and they still might, but at launch you want those casuals to feel comfortable raiding.

Trust me, its a huge issue for some people even moving out of a glowing red circle on the floor. Sad I know, but it is.

TL/DR Wailt till they release the next set of Op's and see if difficulty is up. If it is, then its following the WoW model. Rejoice.
Ashane | Flameborne

PvP Video's: Aion CBT Aion OB

Jiav
02.05.2012 , 02:04 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Ashane View Post
To be honest, I'm shocked anyone came over thinking this game was going to be "difficult".

It was pretty clear from the interviews with the dev's that this game was aimed at the casual market. That it was intended to be played by a significant portion who had never played a MMO before.

They could have taken WoW's direction, release it hard, nerf it later.. and they still might, but at launch you want those casuals to feel comfortable raiding.

Trust me, its a huge issue for some people even moving out of a glowing red circle on the floor. Sad I know, but it is.

TL/DR Wailt till they release the next set of Op's and see if difficulty is up. If it is, then its following the WoW model. Rejoice.
Thats what normal mode is for? If they want to explore the instances and check out the story, normal mode is for you. If you are a progress oriented player who likes challenge that is nightmare mode. Problem is just that nightmare mode fails to deliver hard. I dont care for casuals, wow just got LFR tool for casuals. Normal mode should be tuned for casuals.

Just tune the nightmare modes for progress raiders and everyone will be ok + combat log.