How do you get merc comms??

ArchonSaar

There is a cap of 1000WZ commendations. It costs 1000WZ and 1000Merc commendations for one of the mounts, essentially you'd need to be capped with both to buy it.

You can buy merc commendations from pretty much every PvP vendor in WZs.

Edited by deltaminus

yes, but what's the point of having 2 kind of currencies, when the second can be earned only by trading the first?

It's like...instead of having just dollars, you would have dollar1 and dollar2 and things would cost a bit of each, but your jobs only pay you dollar1-s...

There is a cap of 1000WZ commendations. It costs 1000WZ and 1000Merc commendations for one of the mounts, essentially you'd need to be capped with both to buy it.

You can buy merc commendations from pretty much every PvP vendor in WZs.

I don't think you understand what he is saying... He's asking why even bother with Merc's and why not just have all Warzone badges, so instead of having to buy 200 merc badges before you buy a bag, just buy the bag with 800 wz badges and not even worry about the Merc's.

I agree, it just seems like an extra annoyance to go through for no apparent reason.

It should be added, before some pedant brings it up again, that 'because you can only hold 1000 WZ comms' isn't an argument, since the cap could be raised to 4000 with the same effect.

Ways to make the merc commendation system meaningful, Bioware:

-Make the conversion rate cost you an amount based on your Valor rank. That way it's not as simple as a 3:1 ratio, making the existence of two separate currencies more than superficial.

-Allow daily accrual of 'interest' commendations on days you participate in PvP, for mercenary commendations. That way you have an incentive to convert WZ comms you aren't saving to purchase gear with. (Alternately, have WZ comms decay daily)

-Allow trading of WZ comms between characters on the same account. This could alleviate PvP uselessness concerns for sub-20 characters who want their 20 PvP gear, give high-end players something to do with their comms they don't need anymore, and give a sane man a reason to convert 30 merc comms into 10 WZ comms.

Please note, I'm not actually for or against any of these recommendations. I'm just saying that, off the top of my head, those are ways to make WZ/merc commendations distinctive in their functions. If they don't work differently, it may as well be like a game where you have to convert your copper into silver, instead of it happening automatically.

merc comms (as in world pvp comms) don't exist.

there's 2 tpes of pvp comms; warzone comms and one third warzone comms.

Actually they do drop from those 2 chests in Tatooine. 20 in each I believe.

I still dont get why u can not get a Merc Comm for killing someone in World PVP....