Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Account charged twice for game

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Account charged twice for game

SwarmLogic
12.15.2011 , 09:32 AM | #1
Hi there, first time posting.

Firstly, the UK number provided on the support page is wrong - I was put through to a plumbing company who's been getting these calls all day. Kind of odd.

Right down to bussiness...

My bank account has been charged TWICE for the same game, despite the fact I only ordered it once. I sent an email to the customer support team two days ago, but no dice. I called the "other countries" number and the American number, both of which have kicked me off multiple times because there is no queueing system.

So, my question to you guys is (and I'm hoping someone who can do something about this), how do I rectify this problem? Can't say I'm overly impressed...

jaytheshocker
12.15.2011 , 09:34 AM | #2
This is just wonderful news... and no I don't have any tips on the subject.

but....

Should I be worried here?

SwarmLogic
12.15.2011 , 09:35 AM | #3
I'm sorry, I really can't gauge whether you're being sarcastic or not - care to clarify please?

pudim
12.15.2011 , 09:40 AM | #4
There is nothing you can do here.
Keep trying the phone number

SwarmLogic
12.15.2011 , 09:42 AM | #5
OK, thanks for the help, was just hoping a mod might see this and take note that their phone number is wrong...

kunral
12.15.2011 , 09:42 AM | #6
Did you pay with credit card? if so try doing a charge back as you will have grounds to do so.

RavenDB
12.15.2011 , 09:42 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by SwarmLogic View Post
Hi there, first time posting.

Firstly, the UK number provided on the support page is wrong - I was put through to a plumbing company who's been getting these calls all day. Kind of odd.

Right down to bussiness...

My bank account has been charged TWICE for the same game, despite the fact I only ordered it once. I sent an email to the customer support team two days ago, but no dice. I called the "other countries" number and the American number, both of which have kicked me off multiple times because there is no queueing system.

So, my question to you guys is (and I'm hoping someone who can do something about this), how do I rectify this problem? Can't say I'm overly impressed...
MANY people say they cant reach them on phone OR email. I still have 0 answers from them even though i have sent 4 MAILS!!!

SwarmLogic
12.15.2011 , 09:54 AM | #8
Afraid it was a debit card, but I'm probably still going to contact my bank to see what they can do... thanks for all your help guys

tblader
12.15.2011 , 09:58 AM | #9
Bioware customer support cant help you here! You need to contact the Vendor who you purchased the game from, eg Origin, EB Games, GameStop, Amazon, etc. Dont get mad here because a 3rd party vendor F***ed up. When you do get a response BW customer support will tell you to contact your vendor.
JamesT CT-6816 West Texas Squad Leader Star Garrison
Proud Owner of movie accurate ...MK II - ABS Clone Trooper armor ~ $2000, Fiberglass Scout Trooper Armor ~ $1000, ABS Stormtrooper Armor ~ $1500
CE edition? Naw why pay extra for in-game perks when you can be the Imperial

SwarmLogic
12.15.2011 , 10:02 AM | #10
@tblader - I already tried to contact origin and ea, both of which have dead numbers. I'm hoping that someone on the other end of the phone might be able to give me a good number or at least tell me where to look in the right place for one.