Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Marauder best pvp spec - Annihilaton vs. Carnage vs. Rage

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Sith Warrior > Marauder
Marauder best pvp spec - Annihilaton vs. Carnage vs. Rage

Ilianor's Avatar


Ilianor
02.05.2012 , 11:21 AM | #21
Why do u even write in this damn thread if you didn't watch my video?! If you did so, u would know that I tested all 3 builds.

2.) Gimme a proof, that annihilaton hits for 5k.

atreyuz's Avatar


atreyuz
02.05.2012 , 11:23 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Nmaharg View Post
You would only do better as Annihilation. I eat Rage marauders from breakfast, lunch and dinner.
It is not about 1v1 , mara vs mara. I can understand anni being quite better at 1v1...
ZD ☺ Marauder ☺ r7x ☺

Legions of Lettow

Ilianor's Avatar


Ilianor
02.05.2012 , 11:25 AM | #23
btw, you know why rage would be better for 1vs2?

Slam -> high aoe dmg
Berserk + vicious slash -> hits 2 targets...

atreyuz's Avatar


atreyuz
02.05.2012 , 11:27 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Nmaharg View Post
My annihilate hits for almost 5k
Are you actually talking about 5k annihilate trough adrenaline+Relic+5min CD/WZ buff stacking?
ZD ☺ Marauder ☺ r7x ☺

Legions of Lettow

Nmaharg's Avatar


Nmaharg
02.05.2012 , 11:28 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by atreyuz View Post
Are you actually talking about 5k trough adrenaline+Relic+other **** stacking?
No, my annihilate hits for 4.5kish just plain warzone buffed. But I also PvP in PvE gear and I'm damn near full rakata. Like 1800 str self buffed.
7X Valor --- 1000+ Expertise

"Etang" on Juyo and The Fatman

atreyuz's Avatar


atreyuz
02.05.2012 , 11:31 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Nmaharg View Post
No, my annihilate hits for 4.5kish just plain warzone buffed. But I also PvP in PvE gear and I'm damn near full rakata. Like 1800 str self buffed.
4.5k Annihilate with just WZ buffs smells like a crit to a target with little to no expertise to me.

Can you post a screenshot of your ANNIHILATE tooltip, selfbuffed only. (I meant Stim/WarBuff)



Anyway, Rage provides more reliable Burst(the smash/ForceScream combo is quite devastating, I have seen bursts of 5k+4k with some buffs stacking, and Im not good geared as you).
It is reliable because you actually KNOW when you will hit hard.
As anni, your big hitter is all about the crit chance.
And even more so, rage burst is AoE wich leads to more pressure on healers.


the only thing I really, really miss from Anni is PHANTOM,wich makes Force Camouflage even more awesome.
Oh and the point-black charge...that's lovely.
ZD ☺ Marauder ☺ r7x ☺

Legions of Lettow

Nmaharg's Avatar


Nmaharg
02.05.2012 , 11:40 AM | #27
http://i.imgur.com/8rwoO.jpg

And whats this about pressure? I don't pressure anything, I flat out kill them. In a matter of seconds at that. Annihilation has no burst, it always does stupid dmg. Thats why it's better than rage, no waiting around to smash someone.
7X Valor --- 1000+ Expertise

"Etang" on Juyo and The Fatman

XXThrashteraXX's Avatar


XXThrashteraXX
02.05.2012 , 11:54 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Ilianor View Post
Hey,

Made a new video. Compared all 3 specs in PvP.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZrZtbk_sFE

For me, Rage > Carnage > Annihilaton, because Rage is fun to play because of the big slam crits. Carnage has some nice crits too, but Annihilaton is better for Pve, because it has some buffs which you need to do much dmg (dps) but they run out really fast if you don't play e.g. voidstar...

Cheers
I'm sorry did you say rage??? Rofl...... Rage marauder sucks.... Roll jugg rage. Carnage is okay but I prefer the survivability that anhilation offers with the bleeds that heal. But rage is just............ No.........

atreyuz's Avatar


atreyuz
02.05.2012 , 12:02 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by XXThrashteraXX View Post
I'm sorry did you say rage??? Rofl...... Rage marauder sucks.... Roll jugg rage.
When Rage juggs gets some survivability abilities like cloack of pain/Force Camouflage or Undying rage then, and only then you will be right.



"HERP DERPZ LOOK MAH SMAHZORZ CRITZ, LALALAL I HAS NO SURVIVABILITY LOLOL"

Here's your typical Jugg Rage player
ZD ☺ Marauder ☺ r7x ☺

Legions of Lettow

Yescek's Avatar


Yescek
02.05.2012 , 12:16 PM | #30
Personally, Carnage is my flavor simply because each ability flows into the next much better, IMO, than Anni. Not only that but i'm not a fan of all the backhanded stabby type animations that Anni has. Annihilate looks like you're trying to ski FFS.

Admittedly, Carnage needs a, and let me emphasize this, SLIGHT buff to be on par with Anni. It's already viable, it's already competitive, it's just not QUITE up to snuff. 10% difference, tops. This doesn't stop me from rocking the fresh 50's that have begun infesting the warzones lately.

But yeah, my 2 cents.