Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Marauder best pvp spec - Annihilaton vs. Carnage vs. Rage

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Sentinel / Marauder
Marauder best pvp spec - Annihilaton vs. Carnage vs. Rage

Kodokai
02.05.2012 , 08:42 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by atreyuz View Post
No I didnt notice it, because I find anni as easy as rage to play.
And even if Annihilation does good in pvp...no way an Anni mara will be more useful in Warzones than a Rage Mara, ever.
I love rage maras, free kills. nomnomnomnomn

Scarecrow
Basilisk Droid

atreyuz
02.05.2012 , 09:37 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Kodokai View Post
I love rage maras, free kills. nomnomnomnomn
Enjoy winning your 1v1 with a rage marauder... while he rips the **** out of your teammates in the rest of the warzone.
ZD ☺ Marauder ☺ r7x ☺

Legions of Lettow

darthmorbous
02.05.2012 , 09:48 AM | #13
No I didnt notice it, because I find anni as easy as rage to play.
And even if Annihilation does good in pvp...no way an Anni mara will be more useful in Warzones than a Rage Mara, ever. (taking in mind 2 maras equally skilled).
It's more of an "want to play the most effective cookie cutter spec or not?" matter.

Jugg/guards may be critting harder with their pimped Smash.
But they do not have the survivability Mara does. A rage jugg get focused? He is dead. A mara can make it out of it alive even with no support from teammates.
Now, thats especially important if you solo-queue WZs, or if you like Soloing.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAA

im 95% or so of wz first in kills, 1rst to 3rd damage and 3rd to 5th in healing.
HEALING

so annimara kills the loads and help m8s stay longer on the fight.
thats utility no rage mara/jugga has.
Trevise Jedi Shadow
Karkus Tritonos, Sith Marauder
Hanunaki ; assassin

atreyuz
02.05.2012 , 10:27 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by darthmorbous View Post
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAA

im 95% or so of wz first in kills, 1rst to 3rd damage and 3rd to 5th in healing.
HEALING

so annimara kills the loads and help m8s stay longer on the fight.
thats utility no rage mara/jugga has.
Get in a WZ with a decent Rage mara dude. Anni is fine, working and competitive.
But Rage > Anni in warzones, and you should know if you played both Anni and Rage specs.
ZD ☺ Marauder ☺ r7x ☺

Legions of Lettow

Nmaharg
02.05.2012 , 11:06 AM | #15
Annihilation is the only marauder spec. Anything else and you're gimping yourself.
7X Valor --- 1000+ Expertise

"Etang" on Juyo and The Fatman

atreyuz
02.05.2012 , 11:11 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Nmaharg View Post
Annihilation is the only marauder spec. Anything else and you're gimping yourself.
To each his own.

Winning 1v2s and 1v3s, and ending with 10-11 medals every Wz tells me that Rage is doing anything but gimp me.
ZD ☺ Marauder ☺ r7x ☺

Legions of Lettow

Nmaharg
02.05.2012 , 11:13 AM | #17
To each his own.

Winning 1v2s and 1v3s, and ending with 10-11 medals every Wz tells me that Rage is doing anything but gimp me.
You would only do better as Annihilation. I eat Rage marauders from breakfast, lunch and dinner.

Ilianor
02.05.2012 , 11:15 AM | #18
********. Rage is the best spec for pvp. Why? 4k instant dmg > dots.

ArcadesSabboth
02.05.2012 , 11:16 AM | #19
Get in a WZ with a decent Rage mara dude. Anni is fine, working and competitive.
But Rage > Anni in warzones, and you should know if you played both Anni and Rage specs.
What exactly is Rage better at than Annihilation? Annihilation burns through armor, so its more effective at taking down enemy ball carriers. Annihilation has faster force leaps, so its better for being the ball carrier or chasing down the enemy carrier (oh by the way, force leap immobilize isn't stopped by resolve). On the subject of force leap, combined with faster disruption, Annihilation is better at killing those pesky healers in all warzones.

The ONLY thing rage has over Annihilation is AOE damage, which MAY be useful in Voidstar, but I could argue just as much that taking down specific key targets faster is more useful to the team, which Annihilation does much, much better than Rage.

Most people just can't handle the number of hotkeys required to make Annihilation work right, so they default to Rage or Carnage and think its better because their personal numbers are better than when they play Annihilation. Annihilation has the highest potential damage by far because you're also healing yourself which means less downtime being dead.

Carnage is the outlier in that its less damage than the other two, but has some nice utility in Deadly Throw root and Ravage root.

Nmaharg
02.05.2012 , 11:19 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Ilianor View Post
********. Rage is the best spec for pvp. Why? 4k instant dmg > dots.
Lol never played Annihilation have you? My annihilate hits for almost 5k, and my dots crit for 1.4k. Come at me with that weak *** rage spec if you want to. I'll roll over your *** lol.