Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

To bow or not to bow?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
To bow or not to bow?

erei
02.06.2012 , 11:25 AM | #21
I didn't bow, my IA is mostly LS, and think the Empire would be better if all Jedi and Siths were dead. She is an idealist, and she don't know about the whole stuff life=force, etc...
So, no, I didn't bowed. I do my best to eliminate Siths and Jedi whenever I can.

thecoffeecup
02.06.2012 , 12:04 PM | #22
I'd never bow to those idiots.

Just got annoying that you could not retaliate when they zapped you. The game is way too focused on how powerful the Sith are. Frankly, they're boring and they act like spoiled children.

HanzBlix
02.06.2012 , 12:26 PM | #23
You play nice with them and then stab them in the back later. That is the politics of being a secret agent. Lying and deception all the while hating them. There really is no bigger middle finger than false respect.

BloodyTracer
02.06.2012 , 01:57 PM | #24
My agent is pro-empire not pro-sith I may bow now to keep them out of intelligence's hair but that is only till the day they take a blaster bolt to the face from a mile away. Actually the perfect example is my signature, they think they got the empire under their thumb with no effort but that wont last.
When you're so much smarter than your opponent that you know you do not even have to make an effort to beat him, that is when he smiles and hands you the vibroblade he just cut your heart out with.

Somalin
02.06.2012 , 02:47 PM | #25
I usually bow and then end up doing the opposite of what they asked as soon as they're gone.

bobudo
02.06.2012 , 03:13 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by thecoffeecup View Post
Just got annoying that you could not retaliate when they zapped you. The game is way too focused on how powerful the Sith are. Frankly, they're boring and they act like spoiled children.
It is the Sith Empire. The Sith are royalty.

What you're saying is similar to if you were in Saudi Arabia and a Prince asked you to kneel before him.

Or if you were in the U.K. and met the Queen.

They are more powerful than you. That doesn't mean all-powerful, just that they have the ability to tap into the force (as many of you discovered with a little zap-zap to the face).

Early in my story, I bowed. I knelt. I said what the Sith wanted to hear because I knew that defiance might well be my end.

But by the end of the story, I knew that I was no longer a subject: I barked orders, I defied Lord's, I questioned Darths.

The foolish ones ignored; the competent listened, because they knew what I already knew - that I was a peer in everything but rank.

Sith value effectiveness. They value power. They value getting the job done, no matter the costs. I embodied all of these qualities.

And because of that, I became untouchable. A Darth or a Lord might outrank me in title, but no-one dared cross me for fear of the repercussions. I dare say only the Emperor himself could order my execution without facing his own - and that's just because there's no one above him to order it.

And the more I think about it, the more I realize that the Sith fear me. I am a power as great as their own, yet without a touch of force-sensitivity.
Bioware hates healing such that they won't take any healing problems seriously. Support your local healers. Boycott the Patch 1.2 Healing Nerfs. Make it clear to the Devs that their idea of "balance" is unacceptable. Unsubscribe Today

Sticksabbi
02.06.2012 , 03:50 PM | #27
I'll kneel... Makes it easier to reach the concealed Vibroknife sheathed in my boots... :evilgrin:

Rhinzual
02.06.2012 , 04:04 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by bobudo View Post
It is the Sith Empire. The Sith are royalty.

What you're saying is similar to if you were in Saudi Arabia and a Prince asked you to kneel before him.

Or if you were in the U.K. and met the Queen.

They are more powerful than you. That doesn't mean all-powerful, just that they have the ability to tap into the force (as many of you discovered with a little zap-zap to the face).

Early in my story, I bowed. I knelt. I said what the Sith wanted to hear because I knew that defiance might well be my end.

But by the end of the story, I knew that I was no longer a subject: I barked orders, I defied Lord's, I questioned Darths.

The foolish ones ignored; the competent listened, because they knew what I already knew - that I was a peer in everything but rank.

Sith value effectiveness. They value power. They value getting the job done, no matter the costs. I embodied all of these qualities.

And because of that, I became untouchable. A Darth or a Lord might outrank me in title, but no-one dared cross me for fear of the repercussions. I dare say only the Emperor himself could order my execution without facing his own - and that's just because there's no one above him to order it.

And the more I think about it, the more I realize that the Sith fear me. I am a power as great as their own, yet without a touch of force-sensitivity.
Jadus never zapped me, but that's because I took the middle option that was still Empire-Loyal while being smart: "Well I don't seem to have a choice, so I'll kneel" or something along those lines.

pjskull
02.06.2012 , 05:38 PM | #29
It's funny, because my IA really followed the story arc. In the beginning, I was a loyal and obedient servant of the Empire and the Sith...

Spoiler

Takhesis
02.06.2012 , 06:25 PM | #30
the sith are a cancer to the order that the empire strives for. my agent just cant get past that and has ended up very anti sith. their power struggles undermine what we are working for. unfortunately my lack of respect has got me zapped a bunch. wish their was some option to fight back, even just a little.