Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

give the leaders more control when it comes to handing out loot.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
give the leaders more control when it comes to handing out loot.

Peccavi
02.05.2012 , 04:13 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Havocx View Post
Normal OPS = PUG, or to learn encounters as a guild while having the CHANCE of easy loots once a week. Don't like it, tough luck. When I run a HM FP I'm not guaranteed something I can use, same thing with normal OPS (which are easier than a lot of HM FPs).

Serious about gearing up? Run HM FPs like everyone else. Not that you even need columi, HM OPS can be done by 8 people using the PVP epics, Tionese grade epics, or Ilum/Belsavis daily modded gear.
not the point though, thanks internet bully.
the point is the loot system is broken, on top of a hundred other bugs and imbalances, and they want to release more content.

balane
02.05.2012 , 04:55 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Havocx View Post
Normal OPS = PUG, or to learn encounters as a guild while having the CHANCE of easy loots once a week. Don't like it, tough luck. When I run a HM FP I'm not guaranteed something I can use, same thing with normal OPS (which are easier than a lot of HM FPs).

Serious about gearing up? Run HM FPs like everyone else. Not that you even need columi, HM OPS can be done by 8 people using the PVP epics, Tionese grade epics, or Ilum/Belsavis daily modded gear.
lol, I couldn't even imagine missing the point any more than you did.

Soluss
02.05.2012 , 07:12 PM | #23
So instead of people ninja looting... the game ninja loots for them. This is why you guys defend and call fixed. Sorry but when the game gives the same person over and over again.... even if that person has the loot already.... that is not fixed. Thats the game acting as a ninja loot.

At the very least it needs to be an option. ML is broken in some cases in HM and nightmare. So that needs fixed as well.

Daex
02.05.2012 , 08:44 PM | #24
I can't believe someone can actually defend this system. 2 times so far I have gotten columi bracers or belt by stupid mechanic while I have both tanking and dps rakata crafted and someone in raid could use them. Complete waste of gear.

Peccavi
02.05.2012 , 10:37 PM | #25
fixed game>content.

lets do it BW.

DamenX
02.05.2012 , 10:40 PM | #26
The way i see it is the normal mode is like dungeon finder in wow. Mainly pugs are the only ones that are gonna be running these in a few weeks. The fp's drop the same exact loot as them. I can see why some people are discoraged by this becasue they missed a tier drop or something and they wanted to vent out on forums but in the long run this system is gonna be more convenient for pugs. Because despite what people have been saying about "Oh dont worry .. the community will handle the ninja's" i have seen how this goes and its people laugh and joke about the people that get ninja'd or people yell at the person who sees a ninja forming a raid and says something about it in gen chat to warn people. So honestly its not a bad system at all for pugs. And i think just because heroic version has the word heroic in front of it alot of more casual guilds will shy away from it. But i think nightmare is more of the higher end raid guild mode. And anyone who has done a norm mode run through the raids should give hm a try.
But one thing is they could make the gear bound to anyone inthe raid for the first couple hours or something so if they have it or dont need it they can trade it to someone who needs it.

Neoflare
02.05.2012 , 11:01 PM | #27
Does this looting method give priority to people who have less gear? We keep having undergeared people show up (fresh 50's barely even in blues) show up to fill slots because we are a very small guild, and they seem to soak up every single drop. Every week I seem to just get the same crappy downgrade relic and nothing I actually need.

Peccavi
02.05.2012 , 11:31 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Neoflare View Post
Does this looting method give priority to people who have less gear? We keep having undergeared people show up (fresh 50's barely even in blues) show up to fill slots because we are a very small guild, and they seem to soak up every single drop. Every week I seem to just get the same crappy downgrade relic and nothing I actually need.
no its not that advanced.

DRobb
02.06.2012 , 02:13 AM | #29
Bump - I loathe not having any control over loot. There is no reason I should have a duplicate piece when someone else could use it. Fix this.

aeigisfang
02.06.2012 , 06:53 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by DamenX View Post
The way i see it is the normal mode is like dungeon finder in wow. Mainly pugs are the only ones that are gonna be running these in a few weeks. The fp's drop the same exact loot as them. I can see why some people are discoraged by this becasue they missed a tier drop or something and they wanted to vent out on forums but in the long run this system is gonna be more convenient for pugs. Because despite what people have been saying about "Oh dont worry .. the community will handle the ninja's" i have seen how this goes and its people laugh and joke about the people that get ninja'd or people yell at the person who sees a ninja forming a raid and says something about it in gen chat to warn people. So honestly its not a bad system at all for pugs. And i think just because heroic version has the word heroic in front of it alot of more casual guilds will shy away from it. But i think nightmare is more of the higher end raid guild mode. And anyone who has done a norm mode run through the raids should give hm a try.
But one thing is they could make the gear bound to anyone inthe raid for the first couple hours or something so if they have it or dont need it they can trade it to someone who needs it.
The point is not less control but better. Why should this be compared to LFR when LFR pulls from a random assortment of ppl from the whole game. Most normals are done by ppl in their servers on their guilds, why take away that control away from ppl. and dont tell me u dont know how to shame/blacklist ppl on ur server who ninja. If dont know how maybe u should quit now and save urself the hassle. and another thing how do u have a loot system and have not a random roll function?