Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

give the leaders more control when it comes to handing out loot.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
give the leaders more control when it comes to handing out loot.

Battyone
02.05.2012 , 08:30 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by SoaSteelrain View Post
This is all we do. Guild runs. This automatic loot designation is really getting in our way.
Normal modes drop the same tier as hardmode flashpoints. Assuming your guild does organized dungeon runs then odds are you guys are ready for hard mode/not a ton of gear waiting for you in normals.

Normal, difficulty wise, is a bit of a joke, we 7-manned karagga last night and it was still 1shot city. The Xenotech crap is just that, crap, you're better off running HMs and maybe one more normal to try to fill out peoples gear, then take your guild up to hardmodes.

If I want to gear someone up i run them in HM FPs, if i want to show a brand new raider what raid mechanics look like, I take them to normal mode, when I want to raid, hardmode+ or it's just a boring 1shot fest. *shrug* Guilds should not be using normals to gear up, it's inefficient even with ml on speedwise compared to just having your boys run their hard modes.
Amistar Nelmarra -- 55 Sage, Ebon Hawk <The Azure Blades>
I stream my bad gameplay.
Come watch the Fat Man rageth on Twitch!

Greaver
02.05.2012 , 08:44 AM | #12
People fail to realise that NORMAL mode OPS are meant for PUGS and Casual Raiders. The main problem in all MMO's with PUG groups has always been NINJA looters.

The PRE Destined Loot weeds that out, so to say this, if you want to say you are a raid guild Get into Hard Modes and enjoy the Rolling for Loot in your guild. Otherwise asking Bioware to change something that combats a problem, yeah dont think it is gonna happen.
"im just a simple guy, trying to find his way into the Launch day"

Peccavi
02.05.2012 , 11:32 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Greaver View Post
People fail to realise that NORMAL mode OPS are meant for PUGS and Casual Raiders. The main problem in all MMO's with PUG groups has always been NINJA looters.

The PRE Destined Loot weeds that out, so to say this, if you want to say you are a raid guild Get into Hard Modes and enjoy the Rolling for Loot in your guild. Otherwise asking Bioware to change something that combats a problem, yeah dont think it is gonna happen.
you fail to realize, that some guilds are casual raiders. My guild is not a raid guild we are a guild of friends that can and do raid, hardmodes, ops etc.

remove this "feature" please.

balane
02.05.2012 , 12:45 PM | #14
If it's a 100% guild run then the game should not be auto handing out loot. Period.

Nobody should ever get a second pair of gloves when another person of the same class does not have tier gloves. I could write a few lines of code in a matter of moments on a 30 year old computer to fix that.

Master Looter on Hardmodes works for some of you? It certainly doesn't for us. If we turn on Master Looter then no tier loot drops at all. So still, at least for us, there is no master looter available at any point in ops.

The loot system is seriously, seriously messed up and the biggest reason you can give me a slash wave at the end of this billing cycle.

Peccavi
02.05.2012 , 12:49 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by balane View Post
If it's a 100% guild run then the game should not be auto handing out loot. Period.
thats it, regardless of what mode it is.

Maoxx
02.05.2012 , 12:50 PM | #16
Sorry but saying it prevents people from ninjaing loot, is a POOR excuse for this shoddy system. If that is the case then why is autoassigned loot not done in Flashpoints? Ninja'ing happens worse there than raids. Yet we're still subject to people taking loot for their companions, or for mods, or because it looks cool over somebody that could have used it. So basically until somebody can explain this inconsistency between all the loot systems BETTER, then please stop using ninja's as an excuse. Again it's a poor excuse.

wifeaggro
02.05.2012 , 12:58 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Foenixz View Post
OK for the umpteenth time

Normal modes are handed out because the devs felt this was the best way (as this option is puggable) to prevent Ninja looters. HM and NM are master lootable.
We dont need mommy to tell us who gets what. We can handle that as a community and will redily not allow ninja players in pug operations. the truth isvery selcet few ever lead pugs and are entirely anle to make sure loot is handed in a fair fashion. its been that way since raids began, no need to restrict us now.
I

ShinyMcShine
02.05.2012 , 01:57 PM | #18
This system is even worse than dealing with ninja looters, because it is effectively forcing everyone to be a ninja looter.

Auto assigning is no different than everyone just rolling need on anything they can use, regardless of whether they really need it or not.

wifeaggro
02.05.2012 , 02:34 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Greaver View Post

LOL thats incredibly shortsighted Alow master looting . Raid leaders that nija dont survive on servers. its a lazy way to restrict player aqusistion
I

Havocx
02.05.2012 , 03:13 PM | #20
Normal OPS = PUG, or to learn encounters as a guild while having the CHANCE of easy loots once a week. Don't like it, tough luck. When I run a HM FP I'm not guaranteed something I can use, same thing with normal OPS (which are easier than a lot of HM FPs).

Serious about gearing up? Run HM FPs like everyone else. Not that you even need columi, HM OPS can be done by 8 people using the PVP epics, Tionese grade epics, or Ilum/Belsavis daily modded gear.