Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

give the leaders more control when it comes to handing out loot.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
give the leaders more control when it comes to handing out loot.

Peccavi
02.04.2012 , 11:40 PM | #1
what my issue is the lack of the master looters ability to hand out loot. I don't like that the loot is given to someone. some people don't want the loot so it rots or goes to a vendor when someone else in the op can get it. please disallow the automatic loot designation. it was very confusing and frustrating the past 2 weekends because people didnt get gear and it was given to someone who couldnt use it. After we completed the pylons today we had to give each person lead of the ops just to loot the box because it wouldnt let you loot. Please bioware fix your game before adding content. add a random or allow the ops leader to hand out loot as we see fit not your weird algorithm.

Icehorde
02.05.2012 , 12:02 AM | #2
I second this.

My guild fully cleared EV on Friday, and we hadn't set loot rules for the first boss. When we saw the loot was split automatically to whoever the game chose, we set it to ML. On the second boss, it was as if the ML setting didn't change anything as we didn't notice a difference. However, once we completed the Pylon event, the chest denied everyone access to everything but the Commendations, credits and the random schematic.

What the hell is the point in having both a Master Looter setting AND automatic loot division with no off switch?

Quite irritating having to pass up a nice pair of Columi leggings over this lame bug. Fix this ASAP!

Foenixz
02.05.2012 , 12:06 AM | #3
OK for the umpteenth time

Normal modes are handed out because the devs felt this was the best way (as this option is puggable) to prevent Ninja looters. HM and NM are master lootable.
Member Synergy Online Gaming

since 2002 and we are still going strong

Peccavi
02.05.2012 , 12:07 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Foenixz View Post
OK for the umpteenth time

Normal modes are handed out because the devs felt this was the best way (as this option is puggable) to prevent Ninja looters. HM and NM are master lootable.
i dont care what the rationale is. we do guild runs, we dont have ninja looters. why ruin it for the 99 percent.

hithlo
02.05.2012 , 12:18 AM | #5
Totally agree! This is slowing down our progression to get to Hard modes, because we aren't able to direct gear in the most intelligent way.

I totally get that this has been explained and rationalized. I'm telling you that this is a pain for my guild and a huge source of frustration.

Thank you for your time and attention.

-hithlo
Wicked Claw, Guildmaster
You may fire when ready.

Kinada
02.05.2012 , 12:36 AM | #6
If you are running as a guild you should be starting with Hard Mode. Dailies get you gear on par/better than tionese (crafted ear/implants are better than columi) Whatever random columi you get from normal mode is just a bonus.

So 6 days or so of dailies and some creds on the GTN and you're good to go.

darkonnis
02.05.2012 , 07:39 AM | #7
Well, i get the idea of preventing ninja looting. But surely you could just add a feature which requires 8 signatures to turn off. Ie
Operations leader wishes to TURN OFF, assigned loot system. and switch to (master looter/need before greed)
Do you agree to this?
Yes - No
If everyone in the raid agrees, problem solved.

Alternatively, make need before greed actually work like it should.
Inquisitor gear drops, all inquisotrs get first dibs to need or greed. should they all greed/pass the first box, everyone gets offered the chance to need or greed.

Its infuriating seeing the one piece of columi you need drop, only to find that someone else gets it automatically. Whether they have it or not annoys me. I need 1 thing from normal mode ops, and every time i've done one i dont get it, makingthe entire raid, without fail, completely pointless for me.

Add this to the other million stupid things in this game and the constant nerfs to everything thats good, is slowly making me think about unsubbing. After all, end game content is completed even if i didnt get the loot i wanted... nothing left to do/see. Now i just get to watch my toons get slowly nerfed to death. Great job bioware.
Darth Bain, Black Dawn Syndicate - 50 Assassin - Luka Sene
Valar Morghulis, Apotheosis - 50 Marauder - Luka Sene

Deviantsoul
02.05.2012 , 07:58 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Kinada View Post
If you are running as a guild you should be starting with Hard Mode. Dailies get you gear on par/better than tionese (crafted ear/implants are better than columi) Whatever random columi you get from normal mode is just a bonus.

So 6 days or so of dailies and some creds on the GTN and you're good to go.
Honestly, I am tired of seeing responses like this. Stop telling me what my or anyone elses guild needs to do. We chose to start on normal as a guild. See the fights, get some gear, move on to hard modes. I dont care if other guilds started on hards or if normals are meant to be puggable. The bottom line is this feature sucks, is stupid, not well thought out, and should never have been implemented in the first place.

BW, you know how you deal with ninja looters? You let the community black list them. Dont implement server transfers and make it so a person's legacy name is always on in some fashion. That way, any ninja on any of their characters on a server get flagged by the community and people avoid them like the plague. Your current system is broken and counter-productive to actually helping people get gear from running raids.

GaryReasons
02.05.2012 , 08:09 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Deviantsoul View Post
We chose to start on normal as a guild. See the fights, get some gear, move on to hard modes. I dont care if other guilds started on hards or if normals are meant to be puggable.
That's fine, most guilds probably did as well. Ours definitely did, and we were annoyed by this mechanic as some items certainly went to the incorrect AC, so the next week, we did HM. I know it sounds like people saying what you should/shouldn't do, but they are just pointing you in the direction of a solution to your problem. The step up from normal to HM is extremely small, and if you handled normal with ease as most guilds do, you'll find it more enjoyable. You'll get gear handed out to the correct players via master looter.

Provided master looter bug doesn't show up so you only get schems and exotech.
Always act with intent and intensity.
Collector's Edition

SoaSteelrain
02.05.2012 , 08:16 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Peccavi View Post
i dont care what the rationale is. we do guild runs, we dont have ninja looters. why ruin it for the 99 percent.

This is all we do. Guild runs. This automatic loot designation is really getting in our way.