Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Error Code 4001

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

CalJerico
03.01.2014 , 10:50 AM | #41
This issue started with a 9000 error code, which I fixed by disabling BitRaider. With the latest patch, I started getting error 4001:

- No prior lag;
- No warning;
- Kicked to server screen listing available servers, error 4001 overlaid (I play NA and the list is populated as such);
- No error 9000;
- Game closes...

I have updated all my drivers, flushed DNS memory, reset my firewall settings to allow the software a fresh start, I've opened the recommended ports manually, I've manually set my DNS/secondary DNS, I've contacted my ISP, with their team of techs and my understanding of the inner workings of a machine I built myself... I've run out of options on my end, which I never believe had a problem in the first place.

I run Win7 x64 on a quad core 2.4 Ghz processor, 8 GB RAM, nVidia 640GT

I'm in the GMT -5:00 timezone and on the verge of packing this game up. Before now, I didn't think Bioware could truely make a bad game, but bad business practices are what really turn me off. I'll stick the game out until my subscription ends, and if the issue isn't fixed, I'll go back to working on SWGEmu...

Mithran
03.11.2014 , 08:46 PM | #42
Being as the early instructions from the head office satisfied all the potential problems resulting from anything other than SWTOR, the continued presence of this problem must therefore be the result of SWTOR-side problems.
The victorious strategist only seeks battle after the victory has been won, whereas he who is destined to defeat first fights and afterwards looks for victory.

PawnBlaster
03.13.2014 , 02:09 AM | #43
I know i'm just adding to what everyone else has said but yeah before today my SWTOR never had an issue what so ever and now i am constantly getting 4001 errors... im trying to pvp and i get kicked out of matches its really frustrating.

ZvonBlade
03.19.2014 , 10:41 AM | #44
i have been having error code 4001 for last two days it wont even show me the servers so i cant play at all

Nebdar
03.19.2014 , 11:45 AM | #45
In my case the solution seems to be to HARD reset my router. because when i reconnected my computer to get the Internet straight from modem everything was fine.
Of course be aware that before i reconnected i did:
- run repair
- ipconfig /flushdns
- deleted discachearea
- checked the windows firewall and commodo firewall
- restarted computer

and yes it happened to me today too , just like that. I have played the game in the morning and everything was fine, then i come back in the evening ...boom no servers on list
"This approach seems overly complicated. Can i use my lightsaber instead?"
Jedi Consular Tomb of Freedon Nadd
Sweet'blade Oddajmisie
Nebdul Nebdana

Kazzaron
03.23.2014 , 05:58 AM | #46
I have too recently experienced this issue (today 3/23/2014 logged in at 05am est) : error code 4001) where im being randomly booted from server and Im definitely sure it has nothing to do with my machine, firewalls arent the issue here as I allow SWTOR access to everything it needs. Need some help, of course I have rebooted and started up again

Gabroth
03.26.2014 , 08:52 AM | #47
Since the latest patch update I haven`t been able to retrieve any server list. I manage to log in to the launcher but the server selection screen comes back with a big fat 0. After a while there`s a pop up window that says: "Unable to retrieve server list.... etc" then the game closes. Can`t even open a ticket in game as there`s no connection at all. Spent yesterday with going through all the forum advice. Literally tried everything, but to no avail. Also it seems that the suggestions were always pointing to something else than SWTOR. After eliminating all other possible issues drew the conclusion that it must be SWTOR itself that`s bugged. Too bad I just decided to pay for a subscription and after 4 days I can`t play at all.

Any advice how could i solve this?

Take care and may the Force be with you!

Zosimah
03.26.2014 , 09:37 AM | #48
Temp work around I've found that works for me:

When I get the error popup in game, I click the more info link at the bottom right. When the info boxes pop up, I close them and can play just fine. I have to do this each time I swap toons or port around. It's not a graceful solution, but it keeps me in game.
The Universe is indifferent, she makes no distinction between good and evil.

YouKnowTheName
07.08.2014 , 03:16 AM | #49
I just started having this problem, literally the second I subscribed. I was playing fine, took out a subscription, tried to log on and bam- 4001's endlessly.

I've tried everything I can but have very, very limited knowledge of computers, and I'm on Windows 8 which almost none of the guides cover. I followed all the guides about firewalls I can and can find no trace of launcher.exe or swtor.exe anywhere (It's possible I'm just looking in the wrong places, but everything worked fine before I subscribed and I didn't change anything so I don't think it can be that).

I guess I can't be the first person to ask for help with a 'you're my only hope' reference, so I won't.

And Bioware, I expect a refund for all the days I'm losing off my new subscription for this.

cronnico
07.09.2014 , 05:50 PM | #50
I am experiencing this problem since the day I subscribi me 2 days ago ... Before everything perfect and now I can not take more than 10 minutes connected .. Not coincidentally, subscribe me and everything starts to go wrong? Is not normal or I fix this or start to demand return of the money. thanks and best regards