Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Cannot get dual wield on my Jedi Knight Sentinel

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > New Player Help
Cannot get dual wield on my Jedi Knight Sentinel

Aldomor
02.04.2012 , 10:11 PM | #1
I'm level 10, and chose Sentinel. I have a second lightsaber in my inventory but am unable to equip it for dual wield. Am I missing something?

Thanks in advance.

Kytea
02.04.2012 , 10:19 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Aldomor View Post
I'm level 10, and chose Sentinel. I have a second lightsaber in my inventory but am unable to equip it for dual wield. Am I missing something?

Thanks in advance.
If the Lightsaber says "Main Hand" only, it won't work.
You need one that says both "Main hand" and "Off Hand", or only "Off hand"

Also, just checking (you never know), you're not trying to equip a double bladed lightsaber in the offhand are you?

Eternalnight
02.04.2012 , 11:12 PM | #3
If you rightclick something in your inventory it goes to main hand by default.

You have to open the character sheet (C) and mouse drag it to off-hand.

Same thing with equipping 2 implants or relics

Aldomor
02.04.2012 , 11:28 PM | #4
When I chose Sentinel, I received a bag with the new lightsaber in it. It specifically says "Off Hand (Melee)" in the description of the new lightsaber that came in the bag. It also came with mods which I then added to it. Yet, still I am unable to equip it.

I've tried dragging it into the second slot, etc. Nothing. So, I've submitted a ticket.

ForsakenKing
02.05.2012 , 01:22 AM | #5
do you have your main hand lightsaber equiped? you have to have that one on before you can put anything into the offhand slot

floofwolfe
02.05.2012 , 01:44 AM | #6
Did you go to your class trainer, check BOTH tabs (at the bottom) and learn the dual-wield skill? I forgot that on my Gunslinger. ^^
.---------.________ _ . . . _ ________.---------.
▓▓ |____________۞ '^/ . . \^' ۞____________| ▓▓
[_(_) \ . . / (_)_]
[__| . . |__]

Aldomor
02.05.2012 , 03:56 AM | #7
Yes, I have the main saber in its slot. Though I don't recall if the Dual Wield skill was listed with my Trainer, though I did spend my first point in Dual Wield Mastery in my Talent Tree.
How can I be sure I've "learned" the Dual Wield skill? Does it show somewhere else besides the talent tree?

shama
02.05.2012 , 04:05 AM | #8
All your learned abilities will appear in your abilities window. The skill tree just shows where you've spent points to boost abilities, or add passive effects.
So look in your abilities window (button at top of screen).

Remember that your class trainer has two tabs of abilities (at the bottom of their window) - one for your class and one for your advanced class, so make sure you've trained in both sets of abilities and not just your general class abilities.
Quote: Originally Posted by Bertrand Russell
One of the painful things about our time is that those who feel certainty are stupid, and those with any imagination and understanding are filled with doubt and indecision

Aldomor
02.05.2012 , 08:52 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Kytea View Post
If the Lightsaber says "Main Hand" only, it won't work.
You need one that says both "Main hand" and "Off Hand", or only "Off hand"

Also, just checking (you never know), you're not trying to equip a double bladed lightsaber in the offhand are you?
How do I get such a lightsaber? Do I have to buy it? If so, where are they sold? Why didn't I get such a lightsaber in my Sentinel bag when I chose that class?

Thanks everyone for all your help.

nemhook
02.05.2012 , 09:04 AM | #10
Take out both your sabers so both are in your inventory, then drag your off/hand into it's slot then drap the main into it's slot, i had to do the same, sometimes it will still still not go in if there is a main hand as it detects the slot is occupied regardless of left or right.