Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

HM Pylons

Asmerroth
02.04.2012 , 08:06 PM | #1
So how the **** is this supposed to work? We just wiped 6 or 7 Times due to Consoles randomly stop beeing clickable or the wheels not turning?

DarthHendo
02.04.2012 , 08:26 PM | #2
N

S

S

N

Solve in that order, ur welcome.
Hend'o - Sorcerer Hen'do - Assassin He'ndo - Powertech

LIVE STREAM!

_Zorth_
02.04.2012 , 08:49 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthHendo View Post
N

S

S

N

Solve in that order, ur welcome.
After that?
Still got 4 rows left, same order?
The Red Eclipse
Best Player World Wide
..Greedo shot first

DarthHendo
02.04.2012 , 08:53 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by _Zorth_ View Post
After that?
Still got 4 rows left, same order?
This is why you continue to wipe on it as you stated in the other thread.

Let me grab my crayon.....

2 groups of player. 1 North, 1 South.

The NORTH group will solve the first (bottom) row first, the SOUTH finishes bottom row.

The SOUTH group will solve the 2nd (lower middle) row next, then NORTH finishes said row.

The SOUTH group will solve the 3rd (upper middle) row next, then NORTH finishes said row.

The NORTH group will solve the upper and final row, then SOUTH finishes.

Be wary of number of spins for each level. you need to get your spins off as quick as possible, and with the least number of spins to not hit the enrage.

Get it now?
Hend'o - Sorcerer Hen'do - Assassin He'ndo - Powertech

LIVE STREAM!

_Zorth_
02.04.2012 , 09:08 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthHendo View Post
This is why you continue to wipe on it as you stated in the other thread.

Let me grab my crayon.....

2 groups of player. 1 North, 1 South.

The NORTH group will solve the first (bottom) row first, the SOUTH finishes bottom row.

The SOUTH group will solve the 2nd (lower middle) row next, then NORTH finishes said row.

The SOUTH group will solve the 3rd (upper middle) row next, then NORTH finishes said row.

The NORTH group will solve the upper and final row, then SOUTH finishes.

Be wary of number of spins for each level. you need to get your spins off as quick as possible, and with the least number of spins to not hit the enrage.

Get it now?
Gee, thanks grampa!

The Red Eclipse
Best Player World Wide
..Greedo shot first

Demarcc
02.04.2012 , 09:32 PM | #6
Its a puzzle.

Step 1 = Work out the lowest moves on each pylon to solve.

Step 2 = Solve the Pylons. We always solve south first .. some people have differing methods but always allowing south to solve first has worked 100% for us.

Step 3 = loot

These people who say *Its always L L R L* or some other combo are (IMO) talking crap. look at the puzzle and work out the least moves. Hell its not really even a puzzle once you know the colour order, its just a case of not messing up and hitting the wrong console and hoping your DPS are not ******* and hitting shields if they fail to interupt.

AtomicSquid
02.04.2012 , 09:44 PM | #7
Even a GM told us to do NSSN. Nothing else ever worked. We always solved quickly in the fewest moves. I have no idea how you are supposed to figure this out except by trial and error. I don't know if it's bugged in their favor for all these people claiming other solve orders or if they're full of it. Stupid encounter is stupid.

Jinxblog
02.04.2012 , 09:45 PM | #8
Are you aware that in HM that people who turn the wheel get a debuff that doesn't allow them to turn the wheel anymore? You have to take turns within your little group spinning the wheel to solve it.
No flames are necessary, you are already roasting in the fires of your own stupidity.

Demarcc
02.04.2012 , 09:51 PM | #9
I'll see if any of our Fraps people record our 16 / 8 pylons. TBH I dont think they bother to record on Pylons or council, I can assure you though that we always solve south first, every time and have no issues what-so-ever.

The only time we every had a pylon lock was when a N solved first, not sure what tier it was on .. 3rd I believe .. but after that one mess up (couple weeks back) we've stuck to the *south first rule*

I can attest to this since as a healer I am the solver on my side every run. (Ya I know debuff on HM - I just yell at a DPS when I have it)

I was more poking at the people who give advice along the lines of

tier 1 = left
tier 2 = left
tier 3 = right
tier 4 = left

Which is TOTALLY wrong. You just have to look at the pylons the see which way your supposed to turn each tier.

Demarcc
02.04.2012 , 09:53 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Jinxblog View Post
Are you aware that in HM that people who turn the wheel get a debuff that doesn't allow them to turn the wheel anymore? You have to take turns within your little group spinning the wheel to solve it.
Yes I am we've been running HM's for a few weeks, nightmares too .. although we stopped that crap since the loot drops are borked so its just not worth it