Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Best Class

Walliee
02.04.2012 , 07:38 PM | #1
What is the general consensus as to what is the best class(not emp/rep specific) and the advance classes to go along with that? As well as what skill tree you would focus mostly on with that class?

Stenrik
02.04.2012 , 07:41 PM | #2
This thread will either be very, very long, or very, very short.

Edit for usefulness: Depends on what kind of role you like to play (tank, heal, dps?). Do you prefer PVP or PVE? There are definitely some classes considered "overpowered" in PVP if you wanna go with flavor of the month. If you want what the majority seems to think is the best class, go with sage/sorcerer. (But I hope you don't, 'cuz there's enough of those already, lol.)

I recommend trying each of them out to maybe 15 or so, and see what you prefer.

Bronze_Elemental
02.04.2012 , 07:44 PM | #3
Star Wars

Faerox
02.04.2012 , 07:55 PM | #4
Everything currently is viable in one way or another.

Maybe not spec wise, but each advanced class can perform fine.

My opinion:

Trooper/Bounty Hunter
Merc/Commando: Incredible damage when allowed to turret, much less damage when focused (they need to hardcast for damage)
Powertech/Vanguard: Strong melee class with ranged capabilities. Very tanky if specced correctly, and has good utility.

Imperial Agent/Smuggler
Gunslinger/Sniper: Similar to merc, but slightly less damage (due to it being weapon damage), can not be interrupted, and has imo better kiting capabilities
Scoundrel/Operative: Highest burst potential of any class, but very weak outside of the stealth opener.

Sith Inquisitor/Jedi Consular
Assassin/Shadow: Very high damage melee class, uses stealth but is very strong outside of it unlike the Operative/Scoundrel.
Sorcerer/Sage: Can be a DoT class or direct damage class. High sustained damage, lots of utility.

Sith Warrior/Jedi Knight
Marauder/Sentinel: Lacks a lot of control, but has very powerful cooldowns and pseudo-mortal strike debuff. Good sustained damage or burst damage depending on how you spec. Very few ranged capabilities.
Juggernaut/Guardian Similar to Marauder, but with much less of the cooldowns, and has some decent CC. More ranged capabilities, and very good damage. Subject to 10 yard kiting by ranged classes.

Quick 1-2 sentence summary of all of them.

If you want something easy and fun in low level warzones, Commando/Merc speced for Grav Shot/Tracer Missile.

The rotation is literally like 2 buttons

Thraze
02.05.2012 , 01:05 AM | #5
Sorcerer/Sage

By far.

Warlyx
02.05.2012 , 01:11 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Thraze View Post
Sorcerer/Sage

By far.
but no1 play sages/sorcs ........i rarerly see any in warzones

Binafus
02.05.2012 , 01:29 AM | #7
They should have named the game "Sage Wars" that give you a hint.

Sayc
02.05.2012 , 01:42 AM | #8
sorcs probably.

AstralFire
02.05.2012 , 01:47 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Thraze View Post
Sorcerer/Sage

By far.
I eat them for breakfast.
JEDI SHADOW

You've failed, your highness. I am a Jedi, like my father before me.

Darthshnooky
02.05.2012 , 10:23 AM | #10
The 8 classes in the game.