Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

is this the worst pvp in MMO history?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
is this the worst pvp in MMO history?

PoolshrkLV
02.04.2012 , 04:20 PM | #21
I enjoy the PVP system. The only thing I'm not all that fond of, is the level scaling. Having more skills and skill tree points does make a difference. With that being said though, I find most people who complain about PVP only played a couple matches and then got upset by it.

Some classes take a little bit more time to figure out how to use best in PVP, before you become affective with them. A Sniper (to me) started off really easy to play in PVP and so naturally was more fun. I hated my Juggernaut at first because it seemed like he did no damage, couldn't kill anything, and died quickly. Which is why you can't run into PVP with gear fresh out of the starting area and expect to be at the top of damage or kills. PVP actually takes a little effort outside of PVP. Which means actually upgrading your gear and/or mods. After a little upgrading I actually started to enjoy playing my Juggernaut, even at the lower levels.

PoolshrkLV
02.04.2012 , 04:23 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Agelmar View Post
The standard?

Two MMOs have defined competitive PvP.

UO and Shadowbane. Every other MMO is a theme park PvE experience with PvP thrown in as an after thought.

I actually enjoy the fights and PvP in TOR, it needs some tweaking, variety, and a point... but it is NOWHERE near the worst ever.
^^^^^ This.

Miss UO

HileyQuiggley
02.04.2012 , 04:23 PM | #23
I actually loved AoC pvp, it was the most fun ive had in an mmo. Problem was I hit lvl 61 and ran out of quests to do. 19 levels to go, no choice but to quit really. Alot of people did, not sure what they broke after that to get rid of most the others.

Illwill-
02.04.2012 , 04:29 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Orchee View Post
is it?

y or n, thanks...
No, but it's close.
Sub cancelled. Can't find a reason to renew.

Forsbacka
02.04.2012 , 04:34 PM | #25
Short answer, yes.

Vzhorn
02.04.2012 , 04:35 PM | #26
I think pvp is good there's decent variety and huttball is actually innovative. Which also shows there can be potential for more interesting warzones in the future . Though they should try to make brackets based on pvp gear score so BM's dont like 2 shot new 5O's. Or joining games scannin ur teams hps and being like ok i guess i lose cause half of them are at 13k hps. Though in WoW BG's are the same the people with the gear decimate the ungeared.

WickedImage
02.04.2012 , 04:36 PM | #27
No its not the worst. thanks.
Killer: 87% Achiever: 67% Explorer: 27% Socializer: 20%

Adzzy
02.04.2012 , 04:38 PM | #28
Class balance is pretty solid, sure it needs some tweaking, but its certainly better than the mess that some other games continue to be after several years.

Warzones? Civil War is ok, a little too cramped; Voidstar is a little too messy and could use some tweaks (and I don't really understand why both warzones have 8 second cap objectives); Huttball is really creative, a great warzone, although it does grate on empire players after their 11th straight game.

Gear scaling? always going to be somewhat of an issue in a themepark mmo, but it for example is far less impact than wow (where it's not uncommon to hammer down 10+ people with 3 organised/geared people) at an AB node.
Keys are lame

biowareftw
02.04.2012 , 04:41 PM | #29
Multiple ranged hammer of justices with no diminishing returns and forcing people to not only play healers but tanks also.

Yeah. Pretty much worst pvp ever. Leveling? Fantastic. Story? Great. Raiding? Same as any game.

Pvp? L O L.
Einstein's relativity work is a magnificent mathematical garb which fascinates, dazzles and makes people blind to the underlying errors. The theory is like a beggar clothed in purple whom ignorant people take for a king... its exponents are brilliant men but they are metaphysicists rather than scientists.- Nikola Tesla - New York Times (11 July 1935)

Aetou
02.04.2012 , 04:43 PM | #30
I'm actually loving the PVP in SWTOR for the most part. I haven't played a MMO before this for a few years so don't have much comparison but on my server there are lots of tense, tight games between two teams who both know what they are doing. Sure, there are some definite balance issues but that's to be expected.

If I was on a PVP server with a huge faction imbalance and the sort of mentality that generally goes with all that I'd probably feel differently but... really the issues are mostly with the players rather than the system itself (unless you think that they should have anticipated players being silly and designed to mitigate that better.)