Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Is the random drop system broken?

Tawjaq
02.04.2012 , 01:56 PM | #1
Today,
Kaon under Siege twice, with bonus boses.
Dropped 2 IA heades, 2 Sith Warrior Heads
False Emperor once - IA Armor
Foundry - SW Feet
Boarding party - IA Hands

This has been happening for weeks. After 3 weeks of HM flashpoints and operations I do not have a single piece of PvE set gear, I have Rakata Bracers and a Columi belt.
My companions are better geared from greed rolls than I am.
I do not mean to sound whiny, but the RNG seems to be just atrocious and not at all random. The chances of not a single piece of BH or SI equipment dropping in 7 consecutive instances should be quite low.
Is my party the only one where this is happening?

EkonBor
02.04.2012 , 03:26 PM | #2
It is broken.
3 weeks running hm fe and not a single warrior chestpiece.
Many are experiencing similar problems.

Mavery
02.04.2012 , 03:56 PM | #3
It's not broken. This is the nature of RNG.

D_Rock_
02.04.2012 , 05:07 PM | #4
Its broken no use in explaining it.....

Mavery
02.04.2012 , 05:22 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by D_Rock_ View Post
Its broken no use in explaining it.....
Not really. It is theoretically possible under an RNG system for something not to show up after 10, 20, 30, 40, 50, 60+ runs.

Just because you are not getting your own way doesn't mean the system is broken.

Raansu
02.04.2012 , 05:30 PM | #6
People don't seem to understand the meaning of random in random number generator. Yes I agree that the percentage is too low, but it's not broken.

Tawjaq
02.05.2012 , 04:21 AM | #7
This might be tough to believe, but after the drops I have witnessed, I was simply starting to wonder, whether bioware implemented some system that tries to support the less played classes etc.
There is always a chance that something strange will happen when RNG is involved, but when it keeps happening for a while, you start to wonder.

wifeaggro
02.05.2012 , 09:21 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Mavery View Post
It's not broken. This is the nature of RNG.
Dude its broken 44 Hm flashpoints have all of them on farm and not 1 piece of force user gear has dropped 41 piecs of bounty hunter and 3 IA.
I

Darth_Pernisc
02.05.2012 , 10:10 AM | #9
This really must be the first MMO for most of you people.

RNG is RNG.

Get used to it. What is being described in all these threads has happened in every loot based MMO I have ever played and I havee been playing MMO's for a long time.

Avia
02.05.2012 , 11:12 AM | #10
To the guy ************ about IA drops in HMs - I raided with my guild for 3 weeks before a single piece of IA tier dropped. I ran a minimum of two HM's a day for that period. All I had was bracers. Then all of a sudden it started dropping at a reasonable rate again. Though I have yet to see IA chest from false emp, or from soa.

Bottom line ladies and gents, is that random is, in fact, random. Just because you aren't getting what you want doesn't mean the other 300 groups that just ran that place aren't as well.