Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Groups LFM only ask for ranged

jonnybigboy
02.06.2012 , 12:04 PM | #41
Quote: Originally Posted by Brianmcgrr View Post
I've noticed a lot when people are LFM in flashpoints that they're asking for ranged people only. Which is kinda disturbing seeing as its becoming apparent that being melee really has no benefit at all accept for epic storylines and maybe some pvp.

Whats the deal? Are melee really all the useless in flashpoints?
Don't run with those people. They're trying to make up for their own badness.

I'm a sorc healer. Give me a group of full melee every time so I can spam my OP circle.

Nessirin
02.06.2012 , 12:04 PM | #42
Quote: Originally Posted by Raansu View Post
Really? Why would they do that?
Because obfuscate is overpowered as hell and lets you completely ignore boss mechanics like annihilation droid's rocket volley, soa's toss damage, bonethrasher's swipe et cetera?

If you don't bring marauders to the raid, you:

a) Can't get a decent marauder in your guild
b) Your RL is too dumb to realize the buffs and damage that they bring to the raid.

We run two marauders, one in the dps group and one in the tank group, speed buff is huge on most bossfights, and the 15% damage and healing done isn't bad at all,either.

Seriasx
02.06.2012 , 01:04 PM | #43
This is a player problem, I play a sentinel and do just fine vs. any ranged class.

Yeah I have to be more mobile then them, but I make up for it by having abilities that make me more mobile in the first place vs. the "insert ranged class" that has to change his entire playstyle around when he does get pulled in.

This issue has everything to do with people having a misconception that ranged classes will suffer less ae's/trigger less failures when the truth is they are faced with the situation of it happening less often but also have less tools to deal with it at the same time which balances everything out.

Players are the ones who created an artificial ranged superiority, bad players on melee toons supplied the fire, but there are bad players at both ranged and meleeand game changes will not help fix that

riexau
02.06.2012 , 02:12 PM | #44
As a well geared concealment operative, I find the whole range > melee trend of late to be quite amusing. Sadly, until meters are released, melee dps = ranged dps, so the trend will continue, if only for ease of mechanics.

Luckily I never have to pug.