Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Dual Monitor Setup...how?

Geeluc
02.04.2012 , 10:51 AM | #1
I have tried doing a search, but couldn't find anything on here or the rest of the web, but how do you set up dual or three monitors?

I have dual at the moment, but the card I have will take more. I want to see what it looks like in dual, then maybe look at getting a third monitor.

But I haven't seen anywhere I can change the settings to 3840 x 1050...if someone could point me in the right direction. Ta.
Putting the smug into Smuggler

NaimiIflya
02.04.2012 , 10:54 AM | #2
People with AMD GPUs are using Eyefinity

The multi Monitor capability has to be built into your card.
Larmonte Murho from Sanctum of the Exalted <Jedi Guardian>

Shingara
02.04.2012 , 10:58 AM | #3
if you have 2 or 3 monitors plugged in and set up then how you do it is to go into monitor settings on your desktop, you will see an option there for multi monitor.

at this stage you have a few options the main ones being dual screen or 1 screen split across multiple monitors. duel screen means you have 2 identical desktops on both screens, but you can run one program on one screen whislt retaining your desktop on the other or running 2 programs, one on each monitor.

the split screen means that the monitors if there are 2 share 50/50 of the picture and when you run you mouse across it simple goes from one monitor to the next and programs run on your pc now apear split between the screen.

i personally just prefer a larger monitor with a better resolution then to have multi monitors as i cannot and never have been able to stand the bezel effect, that being that the monitor now have a gap between them where the 2 bezels sit side by side. if badly setup it also means you lose a small part of the screen and you will notice the mouse actual disapears behind the bezel.

Of course with alot of the new monitors and nvidia control panel then the programs and software that comes with them can set this all up for you.

hope this helps.
Health Warning - Thread May Contain Nuts.
First, you can continue as a subscriber, which gives you unlimited access to all game features and future Game Updates at no additional charge. http://www.swtor.com/info/news/blog/20120731

Geeluc
02.04.2012 , 11:11 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by NaimiIflya View Post
People with AMD GPUs are using Eyefinity

The multi Monitor capability has to be built into your card.
That's the settings I was looking for, but it doesn't seem to do well with two monitors.

http://img803.imageshack.us/img803/3...0204170600.jpg

I guess I'll have to get a third monitor. I'll carry on playing with the settings a bit more though, I might have it set up wrong or something.

Thanks though.
Putting the smug into Smuggler