Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

EGA Limit Character Creation

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
EGA Limit Character Creation

JediMarvel
12.13.2011 , 09:03 AM | #1
I wanted to suggest this before but the forums were down but I think during the EGA you should restrict people from only making 2 characters that way people arent reserving 10 names.. I cant count how many people are desperatly waiting to reserve names and I dont think its fair to those who get in later to have to play with a name they dont want because someone is HOLDING a name for a later date.

those who disagree are the ones who are already doing this or plan to. allow the amount of characters one is allowed to have December 20th when the game goes LIVE to all.

tehfrigginlazer
12.13.2011 , 09:04 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by JediMarvel View Post
I wanted to suggest this before but the forums were down but I think during the EGA you should restrict people from only making 2 characters that way people arent reserving 10 names.. I cant count how many people are desperatly waiting to reserve names and I dont think its fair to those who get in later to have to play with a name they dont want because someone is HOLDING a name for a later date.

those who disagree are the ones who are already doing this or plan to. allow the amount of characters one is allowed to have December 20th when the game goes LIVE to all.
This.

Morto
12.13.2011 , 09:04 AM | #3
You will get to play the game eventually...

Spitoc
12.13.2011 , 09:05 AM | #4
no thx, part of the reason i care for early access is to reserve all my character names, then start to work on my main...
I ALWAYS get my mark, and I'm coming for you!
Proud CE Owner

Liberate
12.13.2011 , 09:06 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Spitoc View Post
no thx, part of the reason i care for early access is to reserve all my character names, then start to work on my main...
So you wouldn't be upset if I parked my big 3/4 ton pickup in 2 parking spots because I need to go into the store, and don't like parking too far away?

Don't get me wrong, the EA is fine, but reserving 30 names is just selfish(not calling you) and shows a lack of human decency
Liberate

Realia
12.13.2011 , 09:06 AM | #6
Same here
13.12.2011 - The day Bioware disappointed me for the first time

Spitoc
12.13.2011 , 09:07 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Liberate View Post
So you wouldn't be upset if I parked my big 3/4 ton pickup in 2 parking spots because I need to go into the store, and don't like parking too far away?
omg you are so right, thats totally the same thing...
Proud CE Owner

Daeada
12.13.2011 , 09:07 AM | #8
No thanks. I won't be getting in until tomorrow or Thursday, and I'm just fine with not having my names reserved. I've got about 8 variations per gender that I tend to use for characters, so if a few of them are taken it's no big deal.

Liberate
12.13.2011 , 09:08 AM | #9
omg you are so right, thats totally the same thing...
A rough example, but you get the point, just because you CAN doesn't mean you SHOULD

Reserving 20 names is childish. Just like blocking in your prius by taking 2 spots in my HD pickup.
Liberate

Spitoc
12.13.2011 , 09:09 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Liberate View Post
Don't get me wrong, the EA is fine, but reserving 30 names is just selfish(not calling you) and shows a lack of human decency
why would anyone reserve 30 names, i'm taking 8, and you can't have em! :-P
Proud CE Owner