Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Beginners Guide to Juggernaut Tanking by Phottek

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Guardian / Juggernaut
Beginners Guide to Juggernaut Tanking by Phottek

Phottek
06.10.2012 , 04:46 AM | #171
Quote: Originally Posted by dynastynyy View Post
I have a question about your threat section...see the below quote:

I, nor any of my guildmates have ever seen this happen. Can you explain *** you're referring to?
Fixed.. that error has been there since beta.. I'm surprised no one ever picked it up.

There will be no more changes/expansions/updates prior to 1.3. I would suggest that anyone who uses this resource regularly does a copy/paste prior to release. At the moment with the changes slated for our class, it looks as though I will not be renewing and therefore be unable to update the guide (nor want to).

Thanks to all those who have provided feedback and support for my efforts to this point. It is much appreciated. I hope that those of you who are left after patch enjoy the game, and may the force be with you.
PVE Tank for Three Thousand, Casual Progression Raiding on Master Dar'Nala

JamieM
06.11.2012 , 06:51 PM | #172
Quote: Originally Posted by Phottek View Post
Fixed.. that error has been there since beta.. I'm surprised no one ever picked it up.

There will be no more changes/expansions/updates prior to 1.3. I would suggest that anyone who uses this resource regularly does a copy/paste prior to release. At the moment with the changes slated for our class, it looks as though I will not be renewing and therefore be unable to update the guide (nor want to).

Thanks to all those who have provided feedback and support for my efforts to this point. It is much appreciated. I hope that those of you who are left after patch enjoy the game, and may the force be with you.
Sad to here that Phottek; your guide was a very useful resource for me. I hope that you reconsider your decision as I don't believe the changes to Juggernaut tanking will be as disastrous as you fear they will be, at least from a PvE standpoint.

At any rate thanks for the time spent on the guide and I hope a successor takes up the baton if you do leave. Take it easy mate.

JaysoTohl
06.18.2012 , 01:06 PM | #173
This guide is EPIC! Phottek, u rock bro. Thanks for the guide!
The Tohl Legacy
Jayso - Sith Marauder
Sarro - Sith Juggernaut | Nolus - Sith Sorcerer
Server - Jung Ma

Newyankalt
06.29.2012 , 08:04 AM | #174
Very well done I will use it for reference on my warrior.

natrlbeauty
09.16.2012 , 09:45 PM | #175
Fantastic Guide! I am leveling my first SW Jug and had no idea that I could be so much more efficient lol! Thank you for all the work you put into this

Fallerup
09.17.2012 , 09:36 PM | #176
Hopefully, the Jedi knight guy (Camarius) will be continuing and updating, at least we can get some tip from there if there are major changes to anything.

Edit: btw. thank you for this, it has been most helpful
Gogata, Class: Shieldtech Powertech
Officer Of
The Darkness
Server: The Red Eclipse EU

BrokenZen
02.20.2013 , 10:26 AM | #177
I'm not sure if this has been mentioned before, but I have found a way to help increase AoE threat at the early levels. Spec 2 points into increasing the damage and lowering the cooldown of Smash that you can find in the first tier of the shared tree. Also spec the 3 points into the Vengeance tree to increase the threat of Smash by 30% in Soresu Form. From theorycrafting I have been reading and going through, 1 point of damage is 1.00 threat. With Soresu Form, it is increased by 100% to 2.00. With the added threat increase it will be at least 2.30, but for all you math majors out there 30% of 2.00 is .6. Even if that is the case, it increases the threat that much more. Added in the extra damage, it helps a great deal imo.

With one Smash, at level 20, I held aggro on a group of 4 mobs against a Merc DFA and whatever else AoE they have. You low level Juggs know what I'm talking about.

But yea, that does mean that you wont get the nice Immortal tree cooldowns and abilities until 5 levels later than if you would go full immortal, but I have thought that the ends justify the means in my own gaming style. Hope it helps!

oelvrrtep
09.17.2013 , 11:08 PM | #178
Amazing guide! Breaks down everything you need to know. Great job!

Nerdcommando
09.20.2013 , 11:40 AM | #179
Not sure how useful it is being based off of patch 1.2. But I am sure its a good start. Also Kudos from dusting off this 14 month old post
Ambition is a poor excuse for not having enough sense to be lazy. - Steven Wright

Oh-bee
10.28.2013 , 08:57 AM | #180
Phottek this is my first time playing a MMO, I am now kicking *** as a lvl 37 wonder tank and its all down to you. Just wanted to say, thank you sir!