How about a reasonable solution for gear?

ColeWorld

Okay now this one might be a bit of a stretch. But there are quite a few people complaining about how "Gear makes pvp imbalanced". I'm not here to agree or disagree with them, as they are right to an extent yet wrong at the same time. Instead I have a proposed solution.

Make a seperate queue.

Not for "Those with gear and those without" as that would be pretty trivial to program most likely. But instead there is the "Standard" and the "Bare Bones" (lol this not call of duty **** go to console gaming - There I got that out of the way right now) don't get me wrong naming could use some work just the easiest one that comes to mind and sounds applicable.

In this new queue in a similar manner to the bolster system all stats are capped out at a certain point based upon the class, and a selection for the spec. This ensures that the tanks are beefy, the healers can do their jobs, and damage dealers are able to do damage, while Hybrids have an obvious selection of a hybrid between them instead of something closer to a "best of both worlds".

There would be no expertise in this mode.

There won't be any gain whatsoever, medals can be earned but they provide nothing. The only reward is victory, good competition, and a place where your "skill" determines the outcome.

Both sides should theoretically come out happy on this one.

Those who were complaining about people winning solely because of gear can put their money where their mouth is. Gives them a chance to play with no excuses. Saves me the pain of seeing 8 different topics on the forums about the same thing with a different thread title. This would also probably be where my pvp experience winds up, i've gear grinded on 2 toons already for Battle Master don't feel like doing much more.

Those who are in more traditionalist MMO views can still progress by earning their gear during warzones. They won't have to listen to people complain about them and use gear as an excuse for losing. If they complain it will be 100% unjust as they have a lobby specifically tailored to play without any advantages from 1 side or another aside from class makeup.

Not gonna lie. This would legitimize SWTOR a bit more for the coveted "E-sport" title. As now people can't use things like gear to exclude SWTOR from the discussion. There will always be a difference in classes used during a match or perhaps spec but that how it works in real life(If people were classes) so that isn't an issue.