Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Official Q&A Thread for February 10th, 2012 Q&A Blog Post

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Official Q&A Thread for February 10th, 2012 Q&A Blog Post
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

NermalDetonator
02.07.2012 , 12:13 PM | #1691
Are there any plans to add more iconic, alien looking Star Wars races for player characters in the near future. (IE, Duros, Rodian, Mon Calimari, etc). All of these are already models in the game, and are capable of speaking basic.

shadowOOO
02.07.2012 , 12:23 PM | #1692
Will it be possible to switch factions if your at the last tier of either light side or dark side? I thought it would be interesting to continue questing, FPs, PvP, Etc. for the opposing faction. Is this just a dreamed up idea, or will this be reality?
CE 8*1*11 █╨╥█Φ╬╬█╬╬Θ█╥╨█()]Σ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓RUIN▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓}

Inode
02.07.2012 , 12:28 PM | #1693
The class stories are arguably the most important unique aspect of TOR, and what is keeping people interested in this game.

How often are you planning to release updates to the story?

Will they be as long as the original campaign storylines? Keep in mind, that the original class storylines were extended by side (or planet) questlines.

cidtheslayer
02.07.2012 , 12:31 PM | #1694
Hi!

Missing a companion kit in the CE store and there's no willpower shield in artifice.

Is Bioware working on adding to the Consular class to give it the same goodies as other classes?

Thanks. It's the little things that irk!
\.o. \.o. \.o.MASSASSI REBORN.o./ .o./ .o./
ịΞΞΞ||{███████████████████████████}

Slightlycampana
02.07.2012 , 12:34 PM | #1695
Do you plan to add a "sidekick" system that will allow higher level players to temporarily debuff themselves so they can group with lower level friends? It's very annoying to group up with a higher level friend who just one-shots all my mobs...
Completed polls (results being collated):
Faction choice
Results of closed polls:
Dual speccing

lukesneeringer
02.07.2012 , 12:47 PM | #1696
Any chance we'll get a /roll function?

ZeusThunder
02.07.2012 , 12:51 PM | #1697
What is Bioware's stance on cross-server PvP and PvE? Is this something that will eventually be developed or is Bioware completely against it?

We have seen one developer state that cross-server PvP queues are something they "want to happen" but seen another developer state that they believe cross-server PvE encourages players to act like "jerks" and isn't something Bioware wants to do.
When making a new post if you can't even take the time to use basic grammar and spelling, why should I take the time to give you a proper response? Using poor English in forum posts is an invitation to be trolled.

Inzi
02.07.2012 , 12:59 PM | #1698
When will we get challenging operations content that takes more than 1 raid lockout to clear?

I understand making normal mode accessible by the general population, hard being doable by more organized groups/guilds, but Nightmare shouldn't be clearable in the first week by anybody.
A home for busy adults seeking high level PvE in a respectful, mature atmosphere.
Ferne R'y | Sage

djpostman
02.07.2012 , 01:03 PM | #1699
I understand that this would be a very low priority item in the greater scheme of things; however, I was curious if there were any future plans for a Remote Galactic Trade Network similar to the Remote Auction House for World of Warcraft?

Thanks
-postman
Gallowglass
[/inserticonicstarwarsquote]

RMIGZ
02.07.2012 , 01:17 PM | #1700
Suggestion:

My suggestion is that the expertise stat have a dual purpose. In addition to it's purpose in PvP, perhaps you could make it so that expertise also applies to your presence with companions in PvE. Maybe not an exact 1 to 1 translation from expertise to presence, but maybe you could make it a .5 to 1 expertise to presence translation?

Just a suggestion that would improve the overall game experience for solo players; mainly because it's counter-productive to stack presence in lieu of other important character based stats.

Thanks for hearing me out and I hope you take this into consideration!