Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Official Q&A Thread for February 10th, 2012 Q&A Blog Post

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Official Q&A Thread for February 10th, 2012 Q&A Blog Post
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Vrykerion
02.05.2012 , 03:13 AM | #1001
In Beta, there were many titles that were obtainable from heroic quests, bonus quests, milestones in terms of light/dark or social progression. However, most of these are missing from the live client. More confusing, they still appear to show up in the codex entries for the planets.

As an avid collector of things, I am curious if some or all of these titles will be returning at any point?
SWTOR Class Storyline Reviews & Spoiler Free Summaries and loads more nerdy stuff

sithgreyguard
02.05.2012 , 03:20 AM | #1002
will we be given options to change appearance after character creation at some point?

venomlash
02.05.2012 , 03:23 AM | #1003
I was excited as anyone about the Magenta Adegan crystals, but I'm not a huge fan of magenta. Will there be more rare items of this nature?
Quote: Originally Posted by MichelleArcher View Post
Hey there, all! This thread has passed the dreaded 1,000 post limit, and is now in fire. Thanks for the fun, but we feel this discussion as run its course. We will not be restarting this thread.
Jarrant Gartin, Gunnery Commando, Spark of Hope, Begeren Colony

Frozenshiva
02.05.2012 , 03:31 AM | #1004
Looking around on my servers at least, i noticed the huge lack of Imperial Agents. The agents i generally do see online seem to be mostly operatives instead of snipers.
I tried playing an IA and a smuggler for a short while and it seems to me the cover mechanic could potentially be the reason people avoid the class in general,including myself. (Of course i could be wrong about this for the other people)

Are there any plans to modify the class at some point to rely less on cover? And what steps will be taken to make this class more enjoyable? (read that as: incentive/reason to play one)
At the moment the ratio seems something like 1 IA/SM for every 3-5 of any other Class (not AC)

I am not asking the class to be buffed in damage or survivability, only fun factor.

(this is not a question per se. just adding to a previous question mentioned in the thread for general interest)

You mentioned hide/show hood/headpiece. are there any chances we can have the same for our companions?

LordReinhart
02.05.2012 , 03:34 AM | #1005
Why the lack of interrupts/control as a mercenary/commando, when our other advanced class has way better control / survivability? Right now as it stands, if a melee gets in my grill or something interrupts my tracer missle, I'm pretty much toast.

Topgeeza
02.05.2012 , 03:41 AM | #1006
The quitting of players in warzones seems to be a real issue with many players i have spoken to. When a player quits that space needs filling this can put a team at a disadvantage. Nobody wants to be on the losing side but this practice is happening too often. So my question is will you be implementing a system to deter players from quitting warzones? ie a cooldown period of 20 mins before being allowed to enter another warzone.

jcyrus
02.05.2012 , 04:01 AM | #1007
Are there any plans to make companions mount vehicles - either following the player on their own vehicle, or in the passenger seat of larger speeder cars?
1 1 1
Fweooo!*BOOM*
Fweooo!*BOOM*
Fweooo!*BOOM*

Kayes
02.05.2012 , 04:01 AM | #1008
We've seen group-choice related content in 4-man flashpoints, will we see 8/16-man operations with more story and choices?
DPS is science, healing is an art.

Sanahe
02.05.2012 , 04:18 AM | #1009
These questions are...roleplay related so I presume they will be ignored mostly.

Is there any chance we can get a ETA on the chatbubbles because at the moment it's quite annoying for the ones who care about roleplay ( belive it or not there are quite a few of those because this be star wars) and when will you finally cut down on the -INSANE- emote range? it's not plesant to see someone emoting something from across the planet ( bit over the top I know but you get my point!)

Griad
02.05.2012 , 04:20 AM | #1010
Different crafting proffesions have the option to get schematics to make tionese/exotech etc. but are unable to sell them of do you have any plans to change that so that all the schematics i have as a biochem isnt useless once i crafted implants for my companions.

In general it doesnt make sense to me that the items i can craft, that i could give guild members and sell are bind on pickup thats just stupid.
Elder Jedi - pre-cu jedi enforcer - pre-publish 9 dark jedi master.

Proud member of DILIH Red Eclipse