Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

COMBAT in TOR: Fastest action in a 3rd person mmo?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
COMBAT in TOR: Fastest action in a 3rd person mmo?

Adriverdead
02.03.2012 , 03:56 PM | #1
Faster, more hectic, more abilities that are a MUST to use (Naga mouse makes this cherry.)

Like a lot of you, been playing 3rd person rpg mmos since early 2000's (Not counting EVE or UO which i spend many hours playing when I should have been working...or showering.)

Opinions?

Cancrizans
02.03.2012 , 03:58 PM | #2
Yes I agree, and love every minute of it. I love the amount of action, the flow of combat(especially enjoy it with the Lightsaber fighting classes) and find it a LOT less boring and repetitive than other MMO combat.

There are some tweaks that need to be done, definitely still some ability delay, etc., but overall the concept is terrific and I am very pleased that they have managed to capture a good deal of the excitement of Lightsaber combat in an MMO.
Quote: Originally Posted by battlebug View Post
can you make sword in box light sword so sword come out when opened? then if sword is back after sword, use light saber on box, and saber will be boxed after sword is out.

Darkhosis
02.03.2012 , 03:58 PM | #3
Only opinion I have is go take a shower. What ever you're asking went right over my head and I read it 3 times.
The Gamer Down - Game Reviews
http://www.youtube.com/user/darkhosis

Bradleyforrest
02.03.2012 , 04:00 PM | #4
Asheron's Call

skyvortex
02.03.2012 , 04:03 PM | #5
You haven't played many MMOs or are simply not good enough to notice that the combat in this game plays like an over cooked noodle.
Quote: Originally Posted by Nizdeb View Post
I want to punch you in the face Skyvortex

Marmerus
02.03.2012 , 04:08 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Adriverdead View Post
Faster, more hectic, more abilities that are a MUST to use (Naga mouse makes this cherry.)

Like a lot of you, been playing 3rd person rpg mmos since early 2000's (Not counting EVE or UO which i spend many hours playing when I should have been working...or showering.)

Opinions?
With the global cooldowns on 1.5 seconds combined with lagged out animations and hidden delay I must say the PVP in this game is probably the slowest. I have also a naga but I think its fully possible to do good in PVP just by clicking on the spells in the spell book. You have like 2 seconds between every insta cast spell so its more than enough to flip pages and clicking the spells.
@ Bioware
Stop trolling the EU. Fix the downtimes to the middle of the night and not in the middle of the morning / day.

Mannic
02.03.2012 , 04:09 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Marmerus View Post
With the global cooldowns on 1.5 seconds combined with lagged out animations and hidden delay I must say the PVP in this game is probably the slowest. I have also a naga but I think its fully possible to do good in PVP just by clicking on the spells in the spell book. You have like 2 seconds between every insta cast spell so its more than enough to flip pages and clicking the spells.
^This.^ The 1.5 second GCD especially just makes combat amazingly slow-paced.

Anelitt
02.03.2012 , 04:12 PM | #8
Well the 1,5 sec global cooldown might be slow but it does not matter cause when big scale pvp in ilum finally happens you only have 1 frame each 2,5 sec to cast anything anways :P

Marmerus
02.03.2012 , 04:14 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Anelitt View Post
Well the 1,5 sec global cooldown might be slow but it does not matter cause when big scale pvp in ilum finally happens you only have 1 frame each 2,5 sec to cast anything anways :P
Ilum the power point presentation.
@ Bioware
Stop trolling the EU. Fix the downtimes to the middle of the night and not in the middle of the morning / day.

Apax
02.03.2012 , 04:18 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Adriverdead View Post

Opinions?
Not by any stretch of the imagination.
According to James Ohlen, Game Director: "We're also going to be listening to the community, and seeing what they want to see in the game. We always are listening to the community; you are the people who decide what kind of changes we need to make to the game. Because this game is for you guys."