Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Guild summit hmmmmm

Badlander
02.03.2012 , 01:34 PM | #1
VULKAR HIGHWAY PVP SERVER
PANTHER - MARAUDER - ANNIHILATION SPEC

reaperkeepet
02.03.2012 , 01:40 PM | #2
Seems kinda wierd meeting your guildmates in person...
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth Baras
The cake is a lie, there is only pie, through pie I gain calories, through calories I gain fat, through fat my belt is broken, the recliner shal free me...

chronciledfx
02.03.2012 , 01:43 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by reaperkeepet View Post
Ya you find out that player who you thought was a really hot chick, is a 40 year old fat dude.

Badlander
02.03.2012 , 01:53 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by chronciledfx View Post
Ya you find out that player who you thought was a really hot chick, is a 40 year old fat dude.
Too funny......
VULKAR HIGHWAY PVP SERVER
PANTHER - MARAUDER - ANNIHILATION SPEC

reaperkeepet
02.03.2012 , 01:57 PM | #5
Chicks dig 40 year old fat dudes...
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth Baras
The cake is a lie, there is only pie, through pie I gain calories, through calories I gain fat, through fat my belt is broken, the recliner shal free me...

Jett-Rinn
02.03.2012 , 01:57 PM | #6
I'm just glad it isn't an all uber Raid guild invite and that the anti meter crowd is going to be well represented.

ThiborF
02.03.2012 , 02:24 PM | #7
Maybe to some I guess. The guild I'm in I joined back in Dec'02 with Asheron's Call 2. Since then I've met 20+ in person. A good chunk of that was a get-together in Vegas in '04 and then it's mostly been one person here, a couple there kind of thing since. Found 4 or 5 that live local that I've met. A couple more moved to the state a couple years back, about 2hrs from me. They came out to a hockey game (Carolina Hurricanes) last year and are coming back out in three weeks for another game.

Guess it depends on the personality of your guild and the personalities of those you recruit to it.

Reico
02.03.2012 , 02:59 PM | #8

I went to Blizzcon in 09 with some of my guildies, meeting for the first time after playing together for a few years. Pretty much hit it off like we had been hanging out for decades. Partied every night and had a blast.
PVPers are the biggest cry babies of any community
Reico Emeir - IOI - Tempest
<I O I>

AlphaBraddox
02.03.2012 , 03:02 PM | #9
You just know a 40yo fat dude is gonna show up wearing Princess Leia's bikini!

Aside from that I think its cool BW is trying to do some community building events.

Sinku
02.03.2012 , 03:35 PM | #10
I always get a kick out when people come up with this sort of idea. I know blizzard has tried to do this once and I think as far as I know it was pretty much a flop. It's one thing to have friends online and use voice over IP products to talk to him, but it's a whole other thing to meet him in person. If there's anything that I realize for meeting a few the people that I know from online it's that most of the time people like that are absolutely socially awkward.

I met one guild mate because we lived about 80 miles away from each other and I was out in his neck of the woods anyway we met up for dinner and it was the most awkward moment of my entire life. That's pretty much why I would never go to a guild summit like this.
Visit My SWTOR Blog