Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Can't Reenter instance after dying and killing boss to loot chest

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
Can't Reenter instance after dying and killing boss to loot chest

Himmelmez's Avatar


Himmelmez
02.03.2012 , 11:08 PM | #11
Yep, if you kill the Commander on HM BP and wipe to the medic or massay after, you get locked out. The quest trigger is on the commanders death rather than the last one killed. This happened to my group a few days ago, still waiting to hear back from CS.
Quote: Originally Posted by songofprecept View Post
I have a handy formula you can use to aid you in the absence of add-ons.
If Boss HP = 0 Then collect.loot
Also, pink boots.

YarickZan's Avatar


YarickZan
02.03.2012 , 11:11 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by SamuraiCrazy View Post
you havent completed the instance at mid, so you can come back. at final, if you kill the boss, he is dead, fp over. you cant re-enter during combat either, otherwise raids and fp would be incredibly easy in any mode.

welcome to hard mode. you dont get rewarded for dying here.

ps. samething happens in a raid, if there is nobody to rez, then nobody gets loot.....in other words L2wipe when necessary. endgame isnt completely WoW easy. to quote the devs "choices matter"
No matter how you string it the concept is still BS. It's like going to work because you need to get gas for your car, and after you get paid your car runs out of gas before you can get to the gas station, and then because you didn't make it to the gas station to buy the gas someone takes your money away.

It's kind of hard to make a choice about when you wipe given certain conditions too. For example the boss is at 2%, kills 3 people because of a DOT he throws out on everyone, has dots rolling on himself, in less than half a second the parties DOTs take him down, and then in less than half a second it kills the last member of the party. Sorry no loot for you.

The fact is the boss died. If the boss dies then you get loot. Period. End of discussion.

Elaril's Avatar


Elaril
02.03.2012 , 11:13 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by SamuraiCrazy View Post
i've re-entered on hk in reg many times while lvling, but cannot in hm foundry. so im gonna say yes. also unable to re-enter during boss fights, so if its not a wipe, dont release. if it's a hm and you're group cant reach you for a rez. hope they wipe for you
Thanks for the info.

SamuraiCrazy's Avatar


SamuraiCrazy
02.03.2012 , 11:27 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by YarickZan View Post

It's kind of hard to make a choice about when you wipe given certain conditions too. For example the boss is at 2%, kills 3 people because of a DOT he throws out on everyone, has dots rolling on himself, in less than half a second the parties DOTs take him down, and then in less than half a second it kills the last member of the party. Sorry no loot for you.

The fact is the boss died. If the boss dies then you get loot. Period. End of discussion.
i'd have to call bs on dots ticking the bosses life in half a second.

otherwise you died before the boss did. unfortunately you ran into an extremely rare occasion as most dots will not hit nearly that hard unless you have rakata crit gear. which i'd have to say you most likely do not as you're just learning this mechanic and ranting about lost gear. just be glad it wasnt a raid boss
EMPIRE'S ELITE
The Fatman

YarickZan's Avatar


YarickZan
02.03.2012 , 11:28 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by SamuraiCrazy View Post
i'd have to call bs on dots ticking the bosses life in half a second.

otherwise you died before the boss did. unfortunately you ran into an extremely rare occasion as most dots will not hit nearly that hard unless you have rakata crit gear. which i'd have to say you most likely do not as you're just learning this mechanic and ranting about lost gear. just be glad it wasnt a raid boss
You can be as pedantic as you want but it doesn't make my point any less valid.

DarkwingDuck's Avatar


DarkwingDuck
02.03.2012 , 11:40 PM | #16
This just happened to me on Hard Mode False Emperor, got knocked off the ledge a few seconds before the group killed the boss. And the chest piece for my class dropped. Frustrating spending a few hours working through the quest for the first time and getting absolutely nothing for it.

SamuraiCrazy's Avatar


SamuraiCrazy
02.03.2012 , 11:43 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Himmelmez View Post
Yep, if you kill the Commander on HM BP and wipe to the medic or massay after, you get locked out. The quest trigger is on the commanders death rather than the last one killed. This happened to my group a few days ago, still waiting to hear back from CS.
for future reference, have tank grab commander and run back up the stairs. both dps and healer stay down and nuke the healer, ignore the melee guy as he deals little to no dmg (and wont aggro as long as dps single targets the medic like they should be doing). tank should be fine as long as you dont take forever on the nuke, take down the commander then melee guy as he's nothing special.
EMPIRE'S ELITE
The Fatman

SamuraiCrazy's Avatar


SamuraiCrazy
02.03.2012 , 11:46 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by YarickZan View Post
You can be as pedantic as you want but it doesn't make my point any less valid.
yes, thats it. im showing off my knowledge of something to make your point less valid....
EMPIRE'S ELITE
The Fatman

YarickZan's Avatar


YarickZan
02.04.2012 , 12:02 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by SamuraiCrazy View Post
yes, thats it. im showing off my knowledge of something to make your point less valid....
No. You are overly concerned with the minute details/formalisms, as characterized by your earlier reply where you focused on the actual hard number of the example itself not the meaning of the example. If you're going to look a word up on the internet at least make sure you look at all the definitions.

Anyways the point remains.

SamuraiCrazy's Avatar


SamuraiCrazy
02.04.2012 , 12:22 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by YarickZan View Post
No. You are overly concerned with the minute details/formalisms, as characterized by your earlier reply where you focused on the actual hard number of the example itself not the meaning of the example. If you're going to look a word up on the internet at least make sure you look at all the definitions.

Anyways the point remains.
well either the it happened or it didnt. if it happened you take it for what happened.

either way, you are not the only one this has happened to. and as far as false emperor goes, maybe you should not stand near a ledge, or at an angle from the boss which can result in you getting pushed off it. this will also prove useful in other encounters

in tara V, kill the adds first next time...or only kill the boss first if you can sufficiently kill the adds afterwards. live and learn.

if you want to rant to cs go ahead, this had been confirmed to an intended mechanic. get over it or dont, up to you.

also did anybody try a hard reset?
EMPIRE'S ELITE
The Fatman