Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Can't Reenter instance after dying and killing boss to loot chest

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
Can't Reenter instance after dying and killing boss to loot chest

tallytall
02.03.2012 , 10:38 AM | #1
Our group has had this happen a couple of times:

In False Emperor HM a person gets booted off the bridge but the rest of the group kill the boss. That person who got booted off cannot reenter the instance to loot the chest.

Or

In Taral V, we kill the boss barely and the adds kill what is left of the group (healer and tank died right before the boss was killed). Then none of us can reenter the instance to loot the body.

Has anyone had this happen and does anyone know if it will be fixed? Thanks

Ephesia
02.03.2012 , 10:48 AM | #2
This is not a bug, it has happened many times and apparently it is intended. Don't fall off the ledge, or die, if you do not release, if you fell off the ledge and you have no choice, tell your team to not kill the boss and wipe themselves.

tallytall
02.03.2012 , 12:22 PM | #3
Can they not have people who die re-spawn at the beginning of the instance rather than lock them out of the loot? That doesn't make any sense to me. If it is working as intended and we did not kill the last boss and survive, have him reset and force the group to do it again rather than not have us be able to loot and lock us out of the instance. We did get credit for completing HM, but did not receive any loot for it.

wjchristenson
02.03.2012 , 06:35 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Ephesia View Post
This is not a bug, it has happened many times and apparently it is intended. Don't fall off the ledge, or die, if you do not release, if you fell off the ledge and you have no choice, tell your team to not kill the boss and wipe themselves.
I highly doubt this is "as designed". That's simply not fun and SWTOR is a game and should be fun. There's nothing more upsetting than to spend 2 hours of your night clearing a FP only to get to the climactic event of killing and looting the final boss ... only to die, not get credit for the kill, and not being able to enter the phase and loot.

If your group persists and kills the boss, you should be able to enter the instance and loot. You should get credit for the kill/completion even if you released.

I have bugged this situation twice now. Once for The False Emperor and once for Taral V.

If you do the same thing for a boss mid-FP you can enter and loot... why would it be any different for the final boss?

YarickZan
02.03.2012 , 09:23 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Ephesia View Post
If this is "as designed" then it's a crap design and I'll quit.

SamuraiCrazy
02.03.2012 , 10:41 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by wjchristenson View Post
I highly doubt this is "as designed". That's simply not fun and SWTOR is a game and should be fun. There's nothing more upsetting than to spend 2 hours of your night clearing a FP only to get to the climactic event of killing and looting the final boss ... only to die, not get credit for the kill, and not being able to enter the phase and loot.

If your group persists and kills the boss, you should be able to enter the instance and loot. You should get credit for the kill/completion even if you released.

I have bugged this situation twice now. Once for The False Emperor and once for Taral V.

If you do the same thing for a boss mid-FP you can enter and loot... why would it be any different for the final boss?
you havent completed the instance at mid, so you can come back. at final, if you kill the boss, he is dead, fp over. you cant re-enter during combat either, otherwise raids and fp would be incredibly easy in any mode.

welcome to hard mode. you dont get rewarded for dying here.

ps. samething happens in a raid, if there is nobody to rez, then nobody gets loot.....in other words L2wipe when necessary. endgame isnt completely WoW easy. to quote the devs "choices matter"
Sirius Toc - Your Companion
The Fatman Shadowlands
Rip ' poor beta pixel
click this > http://www.swtor.com/r/HvrTfq

Elaril
02.03.2012 , 10:44 PM | #7
Honest question: Can't you just re-enter and wait at the entrance until the group kills him?

SamuraiCrazy
02.03.2012 , 10:49 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Elaril View Post
Honest question: Can't you just re-enter and wait at the entrance until the group kills him?
no. you are unable to re-enter while the group is in combat with a boss
The Fatman Shadowlands
Rip ' poor beta pixel

Elaril
02.03.2012 , 10:53 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by SamuraiCrazy View Post
no. you are unable to re-enter while the group is in combat with a boss
Is that HM specific? I only ask because a mate and I were duoing a FP the other night. He died (and by he I mean me) and ressed out and was able to reenter. Then he (me) naievely ran to the boss and, upon approaching, the boss re spawned with full hp. This was a standard fp, athiss I believe, not a HM. Just want to know if the rules are different.

SamuraiCrazy
02.03.2012 , 11:06 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Elaril View Post
Is that HM specific?
i've re-entered on hk in reg many times while lvling, but cannot in hm foundry. so im gonna say yes. also unable to re-enter during boss fights, so if its not a wipe, dont release. if it's a hm and you're group cant reach you for a rez. hope they wipe for you
The Fatman Shadowlands
Rip ' poor beta pixel