Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

If George Lucas is retiring...

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
If George Lucas is retiring...

Shotgonius
02.03.2012 , 05:38 AM | #1
Will he NOT do Star Wars: Underworld (the live-action television series they have planned)? I hope so...

Srenni
02.03.2012 , 06:24 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Shotgonius View Post
Will he NOT do Star Wars: Underground (the live-action television series they have planned)? I hope so...
He will still be licensing star wars out to others.

NaimiIflya
02.03.2012 , 10:37 AM | #3
Will he NOT do Star Wars: Underground (the live-action television series they have planned)? I hope so...
He already wrote 50 episodes...
Larmonte Murho from Sanctum of the Exalted <Jedi Guardian>

TheOnlyKyrenS
02.03.2012 , 11:57 AM | #4
and they already begun casting i believe
Quote: Originally Posted by corbanite View Post
oh great more constructive criticism.. god knows why some people think there are haters on this forum

NaimiIflya
02.03.2012 , 12:04 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by TheOnlyKyrenS View Post
and they already begun casting i believe
No. It's "on hold" until the VFX at the quality they want for the series is cheap enough.
Larmonte Murho from Sanctum of the Exalted <Jedi Guardian>

FalcoLombardi
02.03.2012 , 12:54 PM | #6
From what I saw someone say about that show it's a piece of trash for disturbed people
......|||
======= God Bless
......|||
......|||

AlphaBraddox
02.03.2012 , 12:57 PM | #7
I was hoping Lucas was gonna do spin off movies of Star Wars. There was rumor Lucas wanted to do a spin off with Bobba Fett. Sounded interesting! We'll see...

Though I always wanted Lucas to finish the SW story with last 3 films. sigh

darthtoph
02.03.2012 , 12:59 PM | #8
That would be the live-action tv series...
I don't judge a game by how old or new it is, I judge it by what it is when it is presented to me.

Tinasa
02.03.2012 , 01:51 PM | #9
I hope he just retires. He ruined enough already.
Knight of the Old Republic 50th Sentinel - PURE
Smuggler/Sawbones 25th
Sith Inquisitor/Sorcerer 15th

psychogobstopper
02.03.2012 , 05:30 PM | #10
Even if Underworld (not "Underground") was on air right now, I doubt Lucas would be involved in the day-to-day business. He'd do the same thing he did for The Clone Wars - hire someone experienced as showrunner, and then act as a higher-level producer.

Lucas's retirement talk has been related to "blockbuster" filmmaking, so his desire to get back to smaller films (a desire he's discussed at least since the prequels were in development) could easily fit with his interest in seeing a live-action SW series come to fruition.

Quote: Originally Posted by AlphaBraddox View Post
I was hoping Lucas was gonna do spin off movies of Star Wars. There was rumor Lucas wanted to do a spin off with Bobba Fett.
I believe you're getting that mixed up with the rumors that Boba Fett was to be a character in Underworld, not in his own movie.

Edited to correct an instance where I referred to the series as "Underground" even after noting that title was incorrect! Silly me.