Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Annihilation vs Carnage, Pro's and Con's

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Sentinel / Marauder
Annihilation vs Carnage, Pro's and Con's

BradFett
12.13.2011 , 12:43 PM | #11
Carnage = Huttball

Nuff said lol...
Deltron ThunderforceBH Mercenary Iron Citadel
<Black Templars>
"Runnin amuck with technology with no apology"

Nymerias
12.13.2011 , 04:14 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by EasymodeX View Post
Low tier Annihilation is the best for PvE through level 30ish.

For low level PvP, low tier Carn is better.

At high levels, Carn is better for group PvP and Annihilation is good for solo PvP.

They're both fine for PvE as far as people know currently. Annihilation probably has an edge for solo PvE at high levels.

Carnage is characterized by:

1. Heavy burst sequences on a 15s cooldown.
2. Proc damage.
3. Extra roots and CC breaks, and run speed.

Annihilation is characterized by:

1. Elemental damage (ignores armor).
2. Self heal ticks.
3. Faster/more flexible Force Charge.
4. Pulsing burst on a 7-10 second cooldown.
Thanks! I really appreciate this kind of breakdown!

The_Old_One
12.13.2011 , 08:14 PM | #13
Both are good anyway. Most people however prefer burst DPS - particularly true in pvp - for quicker taking down the targets.

Rauta
12.13.2011 , 11:03 PM | #14
I'm planning to roll a Sith Warrior when I get my Early Access and after checking some guides and read some forum posts about the state of Sith Warriors in the lauch, it seems Marauder is the way to go for PvP and PvE and since Juggernaut is lacking some damage to be on the equal level of other specs and you might have hard time against other people especially in PvP. Is this right?

Bealsebub
12.14.2011 , 12:31 AM | #15
Personally I do not consider PVP until I hit 50, I will of course take part on the way to 50 but all results can be basically ignored.
In Beta I had no big problems PVPing with any class and certainly not with a marauder or juggernaut.
Basically lets all wait up until we have reached decent levels and have experienced the game to its full.

Brene
12.14.2011 , 01:18 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Mahtee View Post
Nothing against your question, but you can look up all of this information online. Use Youtube, there are guides, use the holonet on this site. there is also Torhead.com that is a huge database for the game
Nothing against your short sightedness, but that's what these forums are for.

Ghingis
12.14.2011 , 01:23 AM | #17
I think that Carnage will be better for high level PvP simply because you cant get crippled as much by dispels, as you will be as Annhiliation.

This also means that its alot easier to set up burst and kills as Carnage, then it will be as Annhil.

Brene
12.14.2011 , 02:00 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Ghingis View Post
I think that Carnage will be better for high level PvP simply because you cant get crippled as much by dispels, as you will be as Annhiliation.

This also means that its alot easier to set up burst and kills as Carnage, then it will be as Annhil.
Dispels aren't nearly as powerful as in other games. Toxic Scan (Operative) only purges Tech and Physical debuff effects; Purge (Sorcerer) only purges Mental and Force effects. If you look at most of the Annihilation bleed effects, they are elemental 'internal' damage effects.

So only one character (Smuggler) can purge our debuffs, and even then it's a very expensive dispel on a 5 second CD.

Bealsebub
12.14.2011 , 04:56 AM | #19
I for one am going with Anni, DOTs always did and always will rule in PVP.
Even if they can be dispelled, how many Dispellers are actually going to be doing just that? from my experience not many. And the beuty about DOTs is you can be dead and still be doing damage.

Metalizzi
12.14.2011 , 05:01 AM | #20
Just FYI, I'm planing on starting a Marauder Annihilation guide this afternoon, based only on theorycrafting. Though, it'll be my very first attempt for this kind of stuff, so any help when the first version is posted will be much appreciated =) then again, if anyone more competent than me wishes to do a guide, please help yourself, I'll then let it slip and try to help on yours.