Crew Skills - What Makes What

JimmySC

Hello all... while waiting to see if I win the early access lotto today, I was looking through the Crew Skills to try and figure out which skill makes what item, given that there's all the various mods/augments/etc out there. I've been using http://www.torhead.com as my main resource, and I've compiled a small list of items, what can be slotted into them, and what makes each piece.

Just to recap, per my understanding - you have the base item itself, for example a Lightsaber or a Blaster. Each base item has a varying degree of customizability - some Lightsabers only have an Augment slot, others are fully customizable. A fully customizable item is actually just a container for the mods that it can equip - the Hilt / Barrel / Armoring pieces will determine the actual base stats (damage and armor value) for weapons and armor. With that said, here's what I have so far:

Weapons: (Lightsabers appear to be uncraftable atm, Blasters are made with Armstech)

Hilt / Barrel - Artificing / Armstech

Color Crystal - Artificing

Mod - Cybertech

Enhancement - Artificing

Augment - Slicing

Offhands: - Artificing

Augment - Slicing

Armor: - Synthweaving / Armormech

Armoring - Cybertech

Mod - Cybertech

Enhancement - Artificing

Augment - Slicing

Ear: Cybertech

Augment - Slicing

Implant: Biochem

Augment - Slicing

Relic: ?

Augment - Slicing

Stims (Long-term Buffs) / Adrenals (Short-term Buffs) / Medpacs (Health kits) - Biochem

Now that's what I have... but this is only based on my own limited knowledge outside the game itself. Can anyone fill in the blanks - are there craftable relics? Where do augments come from? Also, it seems like there are some rather odd gaps in the crew skills; for example, I would assume that Artificing/Armstech would both make the same types of items, just different base items and mods (ie, lightsabers/hilts for the former, blasters/barrels for the latter, with both making enhancements) - but instead, Artificing can make color crystals (used in all weapons, including blasters), enhancements (used in weapons and armor, by both force and non-force users), off-hands (for both force and non-force users), and hilts (used in lightsabers), while Armstech can only make the base weapons + barrel (used only in blasters). Armstech and Synthweaving can only make the base armor (or granted, armor that already has slots but isn't customizable/upgradeable), and can't make armoring (which is made by... Cybertech??)? Is this all correct, or is the data on Torhead missing schematics?

Edited by JimmySC
Typos

Here is a handy crafting map that shows us what makes what:

http://www.oldrepublic.net/content/attachments/559d1323268717-crew-skills-map.jpg/?api=1

While that map is handy for the broad view, I was hoping to find out more specifically what everything can make - for example, synthweaving makes 'force armor', but does that include armoring as well or just the base armor to slot other things into (seems to be the latter atm)? etc etc. I'm also hoping someone in-game can double-check and verify whether or not the torhead listings are accurate - ie, whether or not Armstech can make enhancements as well, if there's any crafted relics or augments, etc.

While that map is handy for the broad view, I was hoping to find out more specifically what everything can make - for example, synthweaving makes 'force armor', but does that include armoring as well or just the base armor to slot other things into (seems to be the latter atm)? etc etc. I'm also hoping someone in-game can double-check and verify whether or not the torhead listings are accurate - ie, whether or not Armstech can make enhancements as well, if there's any crafted relics or augments, etc.

Synthweaving cannot make armoring or mods or any type of enhancement...just light,medium and heavy armor for force users.

synthweaving makes light, medium and heavy armor for the jedi/sith classes. it doesn't make any mods/armoring or enhancements. cybertech makes mods and armoring. Artifice makes enhancements. Edited by Runoe

Spiffy, now we're getting somewhere - noted that Slicing can find Augments. Can anyone confirm if Armstech can create enhancements like Artificing, or if Artificing is the only crew skill that can make enhancements? And that base armor (but not armoring mods) are the only things made by Armormech/Synthweaving?

Spiffy, now we're getting somewhere - noted that Slicing can find Augments. Can anyone confirm if Armstech can create enhancements like Artificing, or if Artificing is the only crew skill that can make enhancements? And that base armor (but not armoring mods) are the only things made by Armormech/Synthweaving?

Cybertech and Artifice can make mods.

Synth/Armortech cannot, just green,blue, and purple gear.. (some orange)

Cybertech and Artifice can make mods.

Synth/Armortech cannot, just green,blue, and purple gear.. (some orange)

Do you mean mod as in the slot type Mods, or mods as in general item modifications? If the former, that'd be something new that Artificing can make... which geez, it can already make half the item types it seems heh.

Do you mean mod as in the slot type Mods, or mods as in general item modifications? If the former, that'd be something new that Artificing can make... which geez, it can already make half the item types it seems heh.

I call them mods, but Artifice makes enhancements,sorry for the confusion.

From the Wiki:

"Artifice is the delicate skill of constructing lightsaber modifications, enhancements, generators and focii. Lightsaber modifications include color crystals and hilts that augment a Force user's combat attributes. Color crystals determine beam and bolt color for lightsabers and blasters. Enhancements are modification upgrades for weapons and armor."

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Correct me if I am wrong but come 1.2, Armsmech, Snythweaving and Artiface (maybe I am missing one) can ALL craft Augments and I think Slicing will needed to get the materials that these three will need to make the augments?

This correct?

I really need more coffee....

Edit...found this:

* Armormech produces certain Augments, Augmented Tech Armor

* Armstech produces certain Augments, Augmented Weapons

* Artifice produces Color Crystals, Enhancements, Augmented Shields and Relics

* Biochem produces Augmented Implants

* Cybertech produces Mods and Augmented Earpieces

* Synthweaving produces certain Augments, Augmented Force Armor

* Augment schematics (green) are found via Slicing missions and blue and purple variants of these augments can be researched via reverse engineering by the appropriate crafters. It is not possible to reverse engineer legacy augments obtained from slicing before the game update arrives, however. These are technically different items.

Edited by nToxiK

• 1 year later...