Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

A way to punish nasty player?


Missandei's Avatar


Missandei
02.03.2012 , 01:29 AM | #1
Yesterday i came to the Fleet and want to do some Flashpoints.
One of the players (some Russian btw, as it become clear later) was gathering group for Colicoid Wars.
Ok, I joined.
We smoothly do almost all of the way, but at the end, where only one step for mission completion was remained (the console activation), the group leader kicks two players from the group. As i understand - just for fun.

After that i naturally make /ignore to this player.
But is there any other way to punish such a inappropriate behavior?

Helig's Avatar


Helig
02.03.2012 , 01:37 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Missandei View Post
Yesterday i came to the Fleet and want to do some Flashpoints.
One of the players (some Russian btw, as it become clear later) was gathering group for Colicoid Wars.
Ok, I joined.
We smoothly do almost all of the way, but at the end, where only one step for mission completion was remained (the console activation), the group leader kicks two players from the group. As i understand - just for fun.

After that i naturally make /ignore to this player.
But is there any other way to punish such a inappropriate behavior?
You can find them and kick their behinds. But since you don't know where they live, you'd have to punch every person you meet, and those arseholes would have to live with the fact that the blood of innocents is on their hands.



In all seriousness, though /Ignore is the only way - unless it's a PvP server. Bioware are being babybutt-soft about such things not to lose precious subs from morons. A guy exploits Huttball map by pulling players to his team's spawn ramp, killing them instantly (49k damage upon crossing the threshold)? Nope, not banned. Probably not even warned. Another guy farming a chest behind a Champ that is friendly to his faction? It's awwwriiight.

On a PvP server, you can gather a team and hunt him relentlessly. That is usually the best solution - or it was in the previous MMOs that I played.
"I'm not *giving* him cake, I'm *assaulting* him with cake!" - Pinkamena Diane Pie

badsharkbad's Avatar


badsharkbad
02.03.2012 , 10:00 AM | #3
On the OP I would say a voting system is needed to keep that much power out of the hands of one person. If somoeone wants another to be kicked... everyone votes on it in the group.

badsharkbad's Avatar


badsharkbad
02.03.2012 , 10:06 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Helig View Post
In all seriousness, though /Ignore is the only way - unless it's a PvP server. Bioware are being babybutt-soft about such things not to lose precious subs from morons. A guy exploits Huttball map by pulling players to his team's spawn ramp, killing them instantly (49k damage upon crossing the threshold)? Nope, not banned. Probably not even warned. Another guy farming a chest behind a Champ that is friendly to his faction? It's awwwriiight.
I didn't know about this... and I don't have a problem with it. I call it resilience. It's not that players problem thats a workable exploit.

Quote: Originally Posted by Helig View Post
On a PvP server, you can gather a team and hunt him relentlessly. That is usually the best solution - or it was in the previous MMOs that I played.
Again... why would this be an issue for bioware to handle? It's a jerk player, but again it's part of the game. And if you're playing on a PVP server... it is the game.

raidyr's Avatar


raidyr
02.03.2012 , 10:25 AM | #5
The forum minority has lead me to believe that this never happens when no LFG tool is available, and that everything is rainbows and sprinkles. I think I've been lied to

Ephesia's Avatar


Ephesia
02.03.2012 , 10:53 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Missandei View Post
Yesterday i came to the Fleet and want to do some Flashpoints.
One of the players (some Russian btw, as it become clear later) was gathering group for Colicoid Wars.
Ok, I joined.
We smoothly do almost all of the way, but at the end, where only one step for mission completion was remained (the console activation), the group leader kicks two players from the group. As i understand - just for fun.

After that i naturally make /ignore to this player.
But is there any other way to punish such a inappropriate behavior?
Disclose his name in your server and post this to general several times. Some people will see and take measures.

Thross's Avatar


Thross
02.03.2012 , 11:02 AM | #7
Regarding the OP, sorry this happened to you. It's always riksy when you do group content with some unknown players. You could post the offending toon's name in your server forum and explain what happened to you. Not sure how many people are checking out the server forums, but you might be able to warm a few players on your server about this toon's behavior. Check the TOS before you post though to make sure you aren't violating anything with your post.

namespace's Avatar


namespace
02.03.2012 , 12:02 PM | #8
This is the beauty of having servers only able to play with each other. Post in general chat in fleet what happened, give his name, etc.

People will see and grief him.

He is probobly from WoW where you have anonymity and get away with everything due to cross server LFG.

Let your server know!
Juggernaut: Playing the underdog, so when they are fixed, I will be a god

Rhinzual's Avatar


Rhinzual
02.03.2012 , 12:06 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by namespace View Post
This is the beauty of having servers only able to play with each other. Post in general chat in fleet what happened, give his name, etc.

People will see and grief him.

He is probobly from WoW where you have anonymity and get away with everything due to cross server LFG.

Let your server know!
This is so very true. Not just the guy's name, but his Legacy name, the one tied to the server itself. Be polite when informing others about it though, don't just fly off the handle.

DarthBandeth's Avatar


DarthBandeth
02.03.2012 , 05:05 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Helig View Post
In all seriousness, though /Ignore is the only way - unless it's a PvP server. Bioware are being babybutt-soft about such things not to lose precious subs from morons. A guy exploits Huttball map by pulling players to his team's spawn ramp, killing them instantly (49k damage upon crossing the threshold)? Nope, not banned. Probably not even warned.
That's not an exploit. It's called strategy. That's like saying "Oh he ran into the fire so I couldn't get the kill. HE'S EXPLOITING THE GAME!"
"No amount of action or explosions is as interesting as a good story." ~ Christian bale

Stole this CE key off of a dead fan.