Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Good or Evil IA?

Mamm
02.03.2012 , 12:20 AM | #1
So, what storyline more interesting?
Server: Lord Calypho.
Class: Bounty Hunter - Mercenary.
Name: Sader Bloodthirsty.
Level: 50. PvPrank: 64

SilverGriffon
02.03.2012 , 12:52 PM | #2
I was wondering the same thing, kind of curious what happens at the end of chaper one, if you pick a different dark side choice over the other. Not going to spoil anything though, anyone whose played that part should know whatim talking about.

Eliezer
02.03.2012 , 12:54 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by SilverGriffon View Post
I was wondering the same thing, kind of curious what happens at the end of chaper one, if you pick a different dark side choice over the other. Not going to spoil anything though, anyone whose played that part should know whatim talking about.
I believe it mostly has an effect on which ending you get, but I am not 100% certain.

Crezelle
02.03.2012 , 04:42 PM | #4
im going light side... mostly....
Spoiler
Crezelle De'Chimera, of the Shadowlands
" Secret Agent Blue Booty, at your service. You Lead the way; I bring the kolto. "

Vesperr
02.03.2012 , 04:55 PM | #5
Not sticking to either is better, just pick the choices you like. LS/DS gear can be easily replaced anyway.
>___<
I used to be a ballcarrier until I got Leg Shot in the knee.
I cant post if my playtime is over? What The Fckk?!

FluorineSpark
02.03.2012 , 05:45 PM | #6
I pick the dark side choice at the end of chapter 1.
Spoiler

JColquhoun
02.04.2012 , 02:12 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Vesperr View Post
Not sticking to either is better, just pick the choices you like. LS/DS gear can be easily replaced anyway.
Pick whichever you like, but stick with one... I'm level 50, Dark III, still trying to get up to Dark V so I can use the level 50 relics, all because I spent my first 20 levels choosing the option I felt best suited my irl character and ended up with 2k Lightside points.

So far the only thing the Devs have told us about neutral gear is they're thinking about it but it's much more complicated to implement than we think.... so in the meantime you'll need to pick on or the other to wear the best relics. In the end, it doesn't matter as it pertains to your story. You may or may not get a different cutscene, but it's not going to change your gameplay experience.

ShakesMcQueen
02.04.2012 , 08:48 AM | #8
I'm playing a mostly light side IA. I'm enjoying it a lot. You still get to be a pithy jerk to people (many of whom, frankly, deserve it), without taking on dark side points.

My favourite part, is deriding quest givers for wasting my time with their menial requests that have nothing to do with my primary mission, since MMOs are primarily composed of menial requests like these.

I look at my IA's story this way - I'm aligned with the Empire and preserving its security, but not the wanton destruction and evil nonsense of the Sith. I view the Sith as an annoying bureaucratic pain in the arse that Inperial Intelligence has to deal with.

Plus, it feels good talking back to the various Darths in the game, and making them angry.

cbantug
02.04.2012 , 10:14 AM | #9
My main went full light side and I found the vendor to be relatively worthless. The relics are terrible compared to what you can get pretty easily. That said, this is my alt so all the planet quests I've done before I'm doing dark side do I can see that outcome. However for class quests it can go either way. If the mission tells me to kill someone, they're dead end of story.

If the mission leaves it up to my discretion I listen to what they have to say. If they've tried to have me killed they're dead. I tend to leave no loose ends but I did let a couple live since they weren't part of a terrorist cell. It's been enjoyable playing the story with a bit of neutrality. Oh and I don't bow to or become a sith errand boy.

ShakesMcQueen
02.04.2012 , 11:13 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by cbantug View Post
My main went full light side and I found the vendor to be relatively worthless. The relics are terrible compared to what you can get pretty easily. That said, this is my alt so all the planet quests I've done before I'm doing dark side do I can see that outcome. However for class quests it can go either way. If the mission tells me to kill someone, they're dead end of story.

If the mission leaves it up to my discretion I listen to what they have to say. If they've tried to have me killed they're dead. I tend to leave no loose ends but I did let a couple live since they weren't part of a terrorist cell. It's been enjoyable playing the story with a bit of neutrality. Oh and I don't bow to or become a sith errand boy.
I've enjoyed the occasions I've had to tell Darth Zhorrid to get stuffed. And the first time I talked to Jadus alone, I made him mad to the point that he electrocuted me to death for refusing to kneel, haha.

- Scott