Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Option to have fast HMs

AlphaAlpaca
02.02.2012 , 08:53 PM | #1
I know that the story is crucial to TOR, but when we're running BT for the 10th time, I would really like to skip the story and just go to the battle and jump out when the last boss is killed. No light side/dark side choices or dialogue choices. Just a simple run through.

Do you think the devs would take this option into consideration?

please feel free to comment and add to my point

Stabbitha
02.02.2012 , 10:36 PM | #2
You'd need at least one choice (kill captain/leave him alive) to determine if you were fighting the droid or the crappy commando unit.

But in general, I agree with you. Once you kill the end boss, the instance is over (we just zone rather than clearing to the general and talking to him...) quest wise, it doesn't award darkside/lightside points and if you really feel like farming social, get a friend and grind BT normal over and over.

Our workaround is to have a competition over who can break their keyboard first by spamming the space bar and a random 1/2/3, and yelling "CLICK IT" over TS when we've stared at 'waiting for player' for more than a second. It's almost more fun than the instance...

WickedJediKnight
02.02.2012 , 10:51 PM | #3
Yeah, I mean why even do the battle at all? You'll win everytime and the story is a waste, so lets just sell the HM gear for creds and you never even have to look for a group.

I understand that the being "required" to spacebar the story is a challenge, but nobody is forcing you to get the gear or do the FP. Rotate out your flashpoints if you are getting tired of it.

Neltharek
02.03.2012 , 12:10 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by WickedJediKnight View Post
Yeah, I mean why even do the battle at all? You'll win everytime and the story is a waste, so lets just sell the HM gear for creds and you never even have to look for a group.

I understand that the being "required" to spacebar the story is a challenge, but nobody is forcing you to get the gear or do the FP. Rotate out your flashpoints if you are getting tired of it.
So your solution to getting fedup of dialogue in a flashpoint you've run over and over is to do a different flashpoint you've run over and over? And you had the gall to at the op?

You're either a troll or in serious need of medication for your condition.

The point of the OP is that you've seen the story once. You don't need to see it 50 more times when the goal is to gear up. An option to skip all non essential dialogue and allow you to complete the actual instance would be nice.

It's enough I'm grinding the same mobs over and over. Grinding my spacebar down is just bad for my gaming equipment :P
[][][][][][]|▫▫╣███████████████████████████████████)

bromel
02.03.2012 , 01:56 AM | #5
Perhaps if they could implement a choice before entering for the first time : Save Answers.

Thus, after the first time, you automatically repeat the same answers over and over again shortening the dialogue time.

The problem with this though is that it would be hard to party with others that are doing it for the first time...

But then again, if they LISTEN to us and input a Heroic Finder Engine, then it would be easy to have an option : 1.Normal/Story Mode // 2.Fast Mode
+ + + + + + =
Boondock McManus Mercenary @ Starstorm One

Havocx
02.03.2012 , 01:58 AM | #6
BT isn't fast enough for you? It's like <20 minutes (not with a PUG). The only reason it's so short is because it has those dialogue parts. If it didn't, they would just double the length and amount of trash to compensate.

My last D7 run was 26 minutes. FE, I never checked but probably 40 minutes. Learn what trash you can skip, play with people who aren't bad, etc.

Dirtylobster
02.03.2012 , 02:38 AM | #7
Perhaps a choice to Y/N to conversations if everyone done it before would be sweet...

Ephesia
02.03.2012 , 03:15 AM | #8
I like the idea of Save Answers. But even if you have seen it countless times there may be that random person who is entering for the first time and they should reserve the right to see it all in my opinion. Your feelings on his choice of reading the lore is your own business.

Erevan_Kindelar
02.03.2012 , 03:24 AM | #9
The whole point of this game is the storyline, Bioware have been pretty clear about that. Plus, err, this is Bioware, the guys who LOOOOOVE storylines...
Bottom line is that I personally cannot see them adding this. However, if you want to add it to their Suggestion Box, I am sure it will be logged and "given due consideration".
No, really! I am telling the truth, honestly! Look I can prove it, I am a politician! I am as honest as the day is long!
Besides, I am a terrible liar, everyone can see when I am lying - my lips are moving... oh damn, err, that last comment was off the record, right?

MathigNihilcehk
02.03.2012 , 05:10 AM | #10
Let me start by asking you what type of game are you playing? MMORPG Sounds about right... Massive Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game. You know that already. Read again... Role Playing Game. Not FPS, RPG. Then listen to what Bioware has been yelling at you for most of its pre-launch months. STORY! So put two and two together, and you get that Bioware is focusing on the story of the game.

In the Black Talon, what is the main part of the story? Killing stuff is certainly a part of it but the conversation is more so. So Bioware designed the whole game around the conversations, and your trying to skip that?

I get what your saying doing stuff for the fifth time listening to the story gets old... very old. I can guess after 50 times its just older-er. Point is, if you wanted to skip the storyline and cut to the instances and w/e your playing the wrong game. Grinding gear is about grinding the instance, not just the combat sections.

On the idea of saving previous options, that won't work because groups have different players in it... too complicated. And unless its a painfully easy fix that everyone wants, Bioware is not going to stop fixing bugs to add the feature. (I will hate you forever if you convince them otherwise) So how to click space space space 1 3 1 2 without breaking your equipment? I think there is something in preferences about that, also you can play the who can get to the conversation faster game suggested earlier in this thread... or calmly push space 5 or 6 times then one... least that way its no worse than you posting here.

Seriously though, complaining about hitting your space bar and 1 2 or 3? Try this... time yourself listening to it(may be boring but w/e) then time your self space baring it... compare the saved time to the time space baring it. Then thank Bioware for adding the space bar to the conversation...

I end with this... THEY HAVE A GROUP FINDER ITS CALLED /WHO
Its the players fault for not using it... SO USE IT ALREADY!
I see you ... an adventurer looking for a guild to join.
The Redbladed Shadow is a Light-RP/PVE guild.
If you are ready to begin the journey, apply here.
Mathig Nihilcehk... I am the Lich King H!