Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Enrage: The Real Problem with the Mechanic

Merraith
02.02.2012 , 10:55 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by lazaruslng View Post
I hate each and every one of you who didnt realize that was sarcasm. That is all.
Only took about 5 people commenting on it to figure it out. Enrages are necessary, and more to the point, FUN if you're a dps who actually knows what you're doing. Any complaints on it being a "lazy" mechanic are just crying over not being able to win. EVERY fight should have a hard enrage at some point. I have no issues with fights having other mechanics to test your dps, but EVERY fight should have some time limit where you can't just survive forever until you win. /thread.

ZombieClownz
02.03.2012 , 09:38 AM | #22
mehhh

Novastinger
02.03.2012 , 10:17 AM | #23
Enrages are fine... but you absolutely need combat logging/parsing if that's the main difficulty of a majority of the ops/flashpoints.

Rodobson
02.03.2012 , 11:47 AM | #24
Troll. Why do people feel the need to use the forums as a test run for their stand up comedy routine. This is a place for legitimate discussion and feedback and information. Not a comedy club.

Merraith
02.03.2012 , 12:37 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Rodobson View Post
Troll. Why do people feel the need to use the forums as a test run for their stand up comedy routine. This is a place for legitimate discussion and feedback and information. Not a comedy club.
If this were true, there wouldn't be 8 million threads from people crying about hard enrages and just as many about the Pylon Puzzle never working when tons of people have explained over and over again the workarounds/mechanics to complete it with no issues. Making fun of the useless posts was my way of expressing frustration with so many bads clogging up this forum from any actual legitimate discussion and feedback/information.

Merraith
02.03.2012 , 12:38 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Novastinger View Post
Enrages are fine... but you absolutely need combat logging/parsing if that's the main difficulty of a majority of the ops/flashpoints.
We definitely need a combat log...but it's not like it's needed to beat any of the enrages in the game right now. People just need to dps better. It's not tuned that tightly to require a mod/log to figure out how to do it either.

Xaearth
02.03.2012 , 02:13 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Merraith View Post
As a dps, I don't feel like I should have any real responsibility in raids. That sort of thing should be left exclusively to the tank/s and healers. It's not even really creative mechanics, but also hard interrupts, waves of adds spawning that you'd have to kite/cc along with fighting the main boss, or even any mechanic where a mob does anything the least bit threatening outside of AoE the healers keep yelling at me to get out of or his countdown to his "I-keel-you" buff.

Please rethink the need for these types of mechanics. As a dps, should I really be required to do anything other than mindlessly mash my optimal damage rotation/priority? I can just ignore contributing anything to the group outside of "moar deeps" and it should be good enough as long as the party/ops leader checks my gear before we start and the healers remember to yell at me to get out of the fire. If a fight is going to be tuned hard enough that I actually have to think outside of A leads to B if C procs and if not go to D until A is off cooldown, we should at least have some visual clue like flashy rainbow colored text or some special UI meter that tells us what we should be doing to contribute to the group.

Having to figure out how to contribute to a group outside of big numbers is asking a lot when I also have to worry about all of these other skills that people now want me to drag onto my hotbars, and then I have to find where to click them when the big flashy rainbow text tells me to, all the while the healers are yelling at me to get out of a big color circle.

HellFlame
02.03.2012 , 07:58 PM | #28
Just simple 3 words: Learn to play.
SW:TOR Endgame

pzljug
02.03.2012 , 08:39 PM | #29
Bacon!

Tohrazer
02.03.2012 , 09:15 PM | #30
1/5

far too obvious
Guild Leader | Aggressive Negotiations
Negotiations With a Lightsaber!
3 World first Kills, Ex SK Gaming/Curse, played wow, swg, aoc, war, ddo, lotro, and the rest