Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

IS soa still bugged??

Corran
02.02.2012 , 10:40 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by ckoneful View Post
He's not bugged, though you have to reset the Op every time you wipe though as the floor itself is bugged respawning occassionally, but you have to just do the fight til you figure out the jump order. It's exactly the same each time and you're either doing it wrong or waiting way too long to jump.

My stream MIGHT still have my guilds Soa attempts up, if not tonight I'll be doing Soa normal again anyways and you can check out what we do then.
he is bugged

1) if he throws a player up in the air (force whirlwind thing) in phase 2 just as the platforms start to drop, that person is dropped dead afterwards and is not ressable - no visible corpse. bug.

2) if the mt is pulled into a mind trap he can reset - bug

3) randomly you can drop a pyramid straight on him and his shield wont break - bug, although rare.

4) in phase 1 he may spawn 6-7 of the slime thingies simultaneously. bug

there's more but i'm tired.
"No one makes a victim of folks I'm sworn to protect." - Corran Horn
http://www.twitch.tv/dixa1

ckoneful
02.02.2012 , 11:07 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Corran View Post
he is bugged

1) if he throws a player up in the air (force whirlwind thing) in phase 2 just as the platforms start to drop, that person is dropped dead afterwards and is not ressable - no visible corpse. bug.

2) if the mt is pulled into a mind trap he can reset - bug

3) randomly you can drop a pyramid straight on him and his shield wont break - bug, although rare.

4) in phase 1 he may spawn 6-7 of the slime thingies simultaneously. bug

there's more but i'm tired.
1. That's the groups fault for improper phase pushing.

2. Tank shouldn't be put into a mind trap but if they are be VOCAL TO YOUR GROUP. Other people have taunts.

3. That's generally faulty position as well, though I have seen it drop on his head directly and not break once

4. Never seen that, but it shouldn't affect anything anyways.
73% Explorer60% Achiever53% Socializer13% Killer
55 Juggernaut 55 Operative 50 Mercenary 45 Sorceror
11 Sentinel 50 Gunslinger 52 Vanguard 55 Shadow
83% of Class Stories completed

McGarnagle
02.03.2012 , 12:46 AM | #13
1. That's the groups fault for improper phase pushing.

2. Tank shouldn't be put into a mind trap but if they are be VOCAL TO YOUR GROUP. Other people have taunts.

3. That's generally faulty position as well, though I have seen it drop on his head directly and not break once

4. Never seen that, but it shouldn't affect anything anyways.
1. It's a bug and you know it. The person should not be taken out of the fight, only death at the bottom. The penalty should be having to use a battle res, not a player permanently removed from the fight.

BTW...we had a random mind trap appear at the beginning of the 3rd phase before Soa even appears (yes, we destroyed all of them in the 2nd phase). I was sucked in. When the mind trap was destroyed I was sent into the limbo area. It's a bug, not an intended fight mechanic. Just like I mentioned above. Soa is simply a very glitchy fight that can end in a wipe even if everyone does everything perfect.

Brumani
02.03.2012 , 02:32 AM | #14
I agree with ckoneful

1. not a bug, you can avoid it easily by taking the boss to 30% at right time.
2. Gets fixed on next patch (1.1.2 Soa no longer resets if he uses Mind Trap on the main tank.)

havent enountered the last 2 myself.
-B

flowqz
02.03.2012 , 02:49 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Sorny View Post
the AoE orb debuff staying on soa no matter the amount of times you kill the pyramids
he bugs if u kill two of the first/second/third pyramids to quick, meaning dont let your dealers run in front of the pack cause they just think of "I WANNA DO DPS SO I KILL ANOTHER PYRAMID WHILE THEY R DOING THE OTHER 1STAIR BEHIND ME LOLZ".
kill the pyramids one after another and u should have 0 problems with it.

Ephesia
02.03.2012 , 02:55 AM | #16
the only bug we have experienced is him randomly despawning around 20% hp.

Other than that we have experienced a smooth run.

Seanimus
02.03.2012 , 04:37 AM | #17
I watched the pylon drop on his head 4 times tonight in NM mode and not break his shield. Really annoying when you get multiple 5% enrage wipes because of this bug. Perhaps fix your crappy encounter bioware.

Kalantris
02.03.2012 , 04:52 AM | #18
1. It is indeed true, that columns sometimes don't break Soa's shield.

2. It is true, that the flying thing in phase two can send someone to another instance of the ops. They don't even die, they just fall to phase three and stay there. They can see everyone jumping down, but once they reach the bottom they disappear. The raid can't see the person and the person can't see the rest of the raid.

3. The whole encounter is all about RNG. Dropping the boss is easy as hell. The lightning balls? A joke. (no idea how it works on NM though, only done hards). The third phase? This is when RNG strucks. Here's what happened yesterday:

- 5s to pillar strike.
- 2 lightning balls spawn targeting two main DPSes, both from one pillar, both not three meters away from the boss.
- A mindtrap spawns and sucks in another DPS.
- When the pillar hits three our of 4 dpses are out of the fight either struggling to separate the lightning balls from each other or stuck in the mindtrap.
- 5s to another pillar strike.
- Tank gets sucked into a mindtrap, 2 lightning balls spawn targeting two DPSes.

It's all about RNG. It's either steamroll or a wipe. Nothing in between.

Regards,
Kalantris
Voluntas Vincet Omnia

Gerudan
02.03.2012 , 05:21 AM | #19
We killed him yesterday (only normal mode for now, we just started our raid week). I got into the vortex (or whatever it is called) during the transition from P2 to P3. When I landed, I was on the bottom platform, on which you fight him in P3, but I couldn't move and I couldn't see neither my group mates nor Soa, only the Pillars hovering until they stroke down.

Since it was just normal mode, one healer was easily enough to beat him, but it was still a stupid bug.

The main problem is, that all the mechanics break the encounter, if the occur at the phase transition. They obviously never thought about the possibility, that mind trap or the vortex could occur during a phase transition.

I mean the game is now out for about 1 1/2 months and this boss was bugged right from the start and they have done NOTHING to fix him.

Oh, and by the way:

"Karagga no longer fires his Unstable Energy twice in a row."

WRONG, he casted it on us (also only normal mode) twice in a row again during the encounter. This is no encounter breaker, since you can live with it even in nightmare mode, but is speaks volumes about Biowares ability to fix bugs.

He's not bugged, though you have to reset the Op every time you wipe though as the floor itself is bugged respawning occassionally, but you have to just do the fight til you figure out the jump order. It's exactly the same each time and you're either doing it wrong or waiting way too long to jump.
Uh...okay...so the encounter is not bugged, but the floor is bugged...

Huaracocha
02.03.2012 , 06:34 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Brumani View Post
I agree with ckoneful

1. not a bug, you can avoid it easily by taking the boss to 30% at right time.
2. Gets fixed on next patch (1.1.2 Soa no longer resets if he uses Mind Trap on the main tank.)

havent enountered the last 2 myself.
-B
Just because there is an effective workaround does not mean something is not a bug. Unless you think it was intended that someone being flung around in the lightning tether when floor breaks should be removed from fight completely - with no corpse to rez - then it is a bug.