Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

IS soa still bugged??

kharnedge
02.02.2012 , 04:30 PM | #1
So last night our guild did our first EV ops run. We had some people level slower int his game to enjoy the storyline. We 1 or 2 shot every boss up to Soa.

Then came the bugs .... his floor tiles wouldn't respawn, his goo in phase 1 wasn't showing, the tiles in phase 2 would sometimes fall right after the raid would jump down to them. Is there any way to know when a tile is gonna drop before it does and kills the raid?? if there is then it wasn't showing/working for us.

Looked at the 1.1.2 notes and seen nothing really getting fixed on Soa so I'm a little miffed.

ckoneful
02.02.2012 , 04:32 PM | #2
He's not bugged, though you have to reset the Op every time you wipe though as the floor itself is bugged respawning occassionally, but you have to just do the fight til you figure out the jump order. It's exactly the same each time and you're either doing it wrong or waiting way too long to jump.

My stream MIGHT still have my guilds Soa attempts up, if not tonight I'll be doing Soa normal again anyways and you can check out what we do then.
73% Explorer60% Achiever53% Socializer13% Killer
55 Juggernaut 55 Operative 50 Mercenary 45 Sorceror
11 Sentinel 50 Gunslinger 52 Vanguard 55 Shadow
83% of Class Stories completed

Kabutopps
02.02.2012 , 04:42 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by kharnedge View Post
So last night our guild did our first EV ops run. We had some people level slower int his game to enjoy the storyline. We 1 or 2 shot every boss up to Soa.

Then came the bugs .... his floor tiles wouldn't respawn, his goo in phase 1 wasn't showing, the tiles in phase 2 would sometimes fall right after the raid would jump down to them. Is there any way to know when a tile is gonna drop before it does and kills the raid?? if there is then it wasn't showing/working for us.

Looked at the 1.1.2 notes and seen nothing really getting fixed on Soa so I'm a little miffed.
Simple answer is yes. And it likely won't be addressed soon.

The reason being is in the big scope of things the bugs are relatively minor. Read the blog post about exploits and bugs very a very comprehensive explanation on them in this game.

Now onto Soa. I have a post called HM Soa and pillar guide in this section of the forums. It should apply to normal as well and has solutions to make the fight much easier to deal with and the bugs almost a non issue. I know everyone wants this encounter fixed ASAP and I can't speak for the devs. But knowing how coding works and my experience with the encounter itself these are minor issues and they have more pressing issues to fix right now. It isn't as easy as fixing a couple lines of code in a few minutes and voila. It is far more complicated then that.

My advice is read my guide, try to deal with the issues, and be patient with Bioware. This really is a quality game, it has its flaws but overall try to appreciate the good work they have done.

Annexium
02.02.2012 , 09:39 PM | #4
5 min run back because the speeder breaks early if you did 4th on nightmare and then switched back to hard. 10 minutes to get him to final stage. Then have the tank get sucked into a mind trap so the newly targeted person has to scramble to get him into position only to have the spike which is above him somehow manage to kill the player but not break his shield (and no he wasnt moving to explain some weird lag issue). Fun times.

JahDux
02.02.2012 , 09:45 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by ckoneful View Post
He's not bugged, you have to reset the Op every time you wipe though as the floor itself is bugged respawning, but you have to just do the fight til you figure out the jump order. .

So Soa isnt bugged, except it is bugged.

Im confused.

Btw, me and my guild went EV normal mode for our first ops run, did 4/5 progress until Soa, only to find every single problem mentioned above.

Im also disapoint .

ckoneful
02.02.2012 , 09:51 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by JahDux View Post
So Soa isnt bugged, except it is bugged.

Im confused.

Btw, me and my guild went EV normal mode for our first ops run, did 4/5 progress until Soa, only to find every single problem mentioned above.

Im also disapoint .
Only the floor, the fight itself has been fine for myself and my guild. Check my stream if you want, downed Soa normal like an hour ago.
73% Explorer60% Achiever53% Socializer13% Killer
55 Juggernaut 55 Operative 50 Mercenary 45 Sorceror
11 Sentinel 50 Gunslinger 52 Vanguard 55 Shadow
83% of Class Stories completed

Annexium
02.02.2012 , 10:31 PM | #7
Yeah and weve downed him on hard, that doesnt change the fact that the fight is just crap. May not necessarily be bugs, but whole lot of bad design makes it very unfun.

Sorny
02.02.2012 , 10:33 PM | #8
yes he is bugged, but still doable with the blessing of the RNG god.

floors disappearing, floors not spawning, invisible lightning balls and puddles, sometimes the lightning balls teleport, RNG throwing people at the wrong times (technically not a bug, but when he throws someone at 30%, and 1 person doesnt notice and continues to dps, and the platform stage starts, theres no way to save him, he just lives in limbo).....where was i...

the AoE orb debuff staying on soa no matter the amount of times you kill the pyramids, the plyons falling on soa but not removing the buff (even though he kneels), the pylons falling on soa but doing nothing except damaging the tank (can work both ways, as last soa kill i did, the pylons landed on me, and i didnt take any damage but soa went down).

probably missing a few bugs, but those are the ones i ve noticed in the last 2 weeks (all on hard mode mind you), so yes he is still bugged (a lot), but he is still doable with enough tries, luck and teamwork.

edit: forgot about the bug where if the tank gets trapped he despawns (but we usally run it with 2 tanks, both in full dps gear, so we taunt off when 1 tank is trapped)

LordZanos
02.02.2012 , 10:35 PM | #9
At least every time you wipe you get to listen to his intro monologue.

Kennywu
02.02.2012 , 10:38 PM | #10
we had him bug before, if you wipe, do not release UNTIL he resets. It stopped the floors from bugging out. The mind trap on the main tank is bad RNG, just have someone (offtank) taunt him right when the tank goes into the mind trap or he will reset.