Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Last time I pay for anything early from Bio-Ware

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service (Read-Only)
Last time I pay for anything early from Bio-Ware

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

THEBelkas
12.15.2011 , 08:44 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by kleptomas View Post
Who ordered the CE from Gamestop and is in already?

Just wondering. I think they are randomly inviting instead of the order people bought it. Which is BS.... But what ever.
Ordered from Gamestop on 7/21...redeemed code on 7/22...got in early access on 12/13 (email received at 8:09am CST).

kleptomas
12.15.2011 , 08:46 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Hieny View Post
So because you have to wait til the game is actually released you having a little fit? Bioware have ALWAYS advertised UP TO five days, which means anything from one second before the 20th or 5 days. Yes, it's a clever use of words, but theres nothing wrwong with that, at all. If Gamestop (I'm english, so don't know much about them) have been advertising wrongly, then sure go and complain for the sake of five days.

Every MMO I have played from launch had a rough start, and to be honest this is the smoothest I've seen. Sure I only pre-ordered early dec and dissapointed I have to wait til tomorrow / later, but for the time I have to wait for probably the amount of time I'll spend playing, it outweighs it greatly.

From the sounds of it, your almost craving access to the game, which from a Bioware perspective is great, your gonna play it loads. The extra day or two wait isn't going to kill you is it? AFAIK, you didnt PAY for early access, it's just a bonus of pre-ordering, and in the terms and conditions you clicked "I agree" to without reading, it probably protects them legally before you try and go all legal on their ***.

TLR Chill, wait and I'm sure you'll be playing and enjoying the game soon.
EULA and Terms of Agreement are actually completely worthless in court. Its not a binding contract in the USA unless you sign your name. Also it has no age check on it, so its completely invalid as with no age check, its illegal for anyone under the age of 18 to enter into a binding contract. All the EULA does is give them the right to ban you without refund. Its the only reason its even there. So they can make extra money off the botters.

Of course this game isn't going to last long. Just went and looked out of curiosity... Theres already three bots running around in game you can buy. Botters are getting in before regular customers.

Way to go Bio-Ware. Give the botters a head start on your paying customers.....

Dloferl
12.15.2011 , 08:49 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Genrazn View Post
Tell me about it, I feel cheated, when they announced that the early game access was 2 days more I jumped ship and preordered the deluxe edition. Now im stuck with time dwindling down on the actual release date. Why did I pay 5$ preorder for the early game access if they are just screwing with the customers. This blows and everyone knows it.

Personally if they are having problems here then they are likely gonna have big problems at launch
You didn't pay $5 for early game access. You paid $5 to reserve a copy of the game. You aren't entitled to anything other than the pre-order crystal. Up to 5 days does not mean you are garunteed any EGA time at all.

If you waited till the 7th, the day they said EGA would be the 13th, to preorder when we've known for months that EGA was based on a first come first serve basis on when you registered your pre-order you fail. You then fail twice as hard for complaining becasue you failed.

Lexion
12.15.2011 , 08:53 AM | #24
Please post a screenshot of the date you entered your code, then we'll talk.
-------< EXCISION >-------
Mature PvP Vets - All Gaming Fun
Read more...

pudim
12.15.2011 , 08:59 AM | #25
Send a twitt to Stephen Reid and he can check you account
http://twitter.com/Rockjaw

DarkSithHunter
12.15.2011 , 09:01 AM | #26
Because Bio-Ware is a horrible company. I've got an email from one of their employees threatening to have me arrested over reselling an EverQuest account he sold to me. I still laugh everytime I wind up at the front of my inbox and see it.
Ummmm...Bioware didn't make EQ?

Idiots....

Lucioon
12.15.2011 , 09:08 AM | #27
Preordered 7/21/2011 Code entered 7/22/2011 got in on the second wave

Koorah
12.15.2011 , 09:11 AM | #28
I said I wasn't going to respond to any of these QQ posts, but you sir have pushed my buttons.

Actually... Gamestop was advertising you WILL get a one week head start. So if they are going to contract with a retailer maybe they should get the facts straight first.
BW have NEVER stated you WILL get a week, ever. If Gamestop did then they miscommunicated the brief, or perhaps you misread it? Either way, your spleen venting should be directed at Gamestop or yourself.

Right now I can refuse acceptance of this package and tell Bio-Ware and Gamestop to get bent minus the shipping fee, 100% legally. Which may be just what I do at this point....
Yep that will show them. And while all your friends and the rest of the planet is enjoying themselves you can be secure that your proportional and mature response is really sticking it to BW. Go, you!

My friends are all so far ahead catching up to them is going to require me to quit my job if I want to....
Well that’s unfortunate but not Bioware’s fault. Exactly when did you redeem your code? Not sure you’ve answered that. Everyone I know has been getting in about when they should, including your buddies it would seem.

This waves crap should've been thought out better, and tested during beta, since you guys claim you had hundreds of thousands of people in beta. Why wasn't this thought of before?
It has been thought out very well and it working very well. The only people who don't think that are those that didn’t read the guidance, or rather, read what they WANTED to read from the guidance and those that seem to have a self-entitlement complex. Bizarrely it often seems to be the same people who fall into both categories.

Because Bio-Ware is a horrible company. I've got an email from one of their employees threatening to have me arrested over reselling an EverQuest account he sold to me. I still laugh everytime I wind up at the front of my inbox and see it.
Lol what? Some dude who works for Bioware is not Bioware the company. Of do you think on their recruitment they say "only mean ****** bags need apply".

Calm down, pop a pill, have a beer or whatever but please stop stamping your foot like my 5 year old son. You are embarrasing yourself and frankly pissing off everyone else.
In THIS universe Commandos carry the BFG | GET. OVER. IT.
British Havoc Squaddie - LET'S 'AVE IT!

THEBelkas
12.15.2011 , 09:12 AM | #29
I really hope the idiots that threaten to not play really follow through. It's funny, I got into EGA on 12/13 but have not been able to play because of work/travel/crappy laptop. However, the mass whining and complaining on the forums has been well worth wait. In fact, I am starting to think Bioware did EGA to provide entertainment on the forums for customers that have a brain.

kleptomas
12.15.2011 , 09:19 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Koorah View Post
I said I wasn't going to respond to any of these QQ posts, but you sir have pushed my buttons.

BW have NEVER stated you WILL get a week, ever. If Gamestop did then they miscommunicated the brief, or perhaps you misread it? Either way, your spleen venting should be directed at Gamestop or yourself.

Yep that will show them. And while all your friends and the rest of the planet is enjoying themselves you can be secure that your proportional and mature response is really sticking it to BW. Go, you!

Well that’s unfortunate but not Bioware’s fault. Exactly when did you redeem your code? Not sure you’ve answered that. Everyone I know has been getting in about when they should, including your buddies it would seem.

It has been thought out very well and it working very well. The only people who don't think that are those that didn’t read the guidance, or rather, read what they WANTED to read from the guidance and those that seem to have a self-entitlement complex. Bizarrely it often seems to be the same people who fall into both categories.

Lol what? Some dude who works for Bioware is not Bioware the company. Of do you think on their recruitment they say "only mean ****** bags need apply".

Calm down, pop a pill, have a beer or whatever but please stop stamping your foot like my 5 year old son. You are embarrasing yourself and frankly pissing off everyone else.
Welcome to your first infraction for violating forum rules