Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Last time I pay for anything early from Bio-Ware

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Last time I pay for anything early from Bio-Ware
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Conveeyor's Avatar


Conveeyor
12.15.2011 , 07:55 AM | #11 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
We can assure you that we follow the dates when you have registered your pre-order code as we have said from the beginning.

Please have a look into your pre-order FAQ:
Quote:
How much Early Game Access time do I get?

The order in which you will gain entry into Early Game Access is dependent on how early you burned your Pre-Order Code at our Code Redemption Center. The earlier you burned your Pre-Order Code, the earlier you will be granted entry into Early Game Access.

The length of your Early Game Access time will also depend on how quickly you are able to download and install the Game before the official launch of the Game. Your download time will vary according to the speed of your internet service provider. Download speeds are not constant and vary by location. The size of the final Game Client is approximately 27GB when fully installed. You should ensure that you have adequate free space on your hard disk before completing your download.

Early Game Access will end shortly before Star Wars: The Old Republic officially launches on December 20th, 2011 at 12:01AM EST (Pacific: December 19th, 9:01PM PST; European: December 20th, 05:01AM GMT, 06:01AM CET). We will be bringing down all servers for a short period of time before the launch of the Game. Stay tuned for more details as we get closer to launch.
http://www.swtor.com/preorder/faq#q209656

We ask for your understanding and patience. Thank you.

Conveeyor | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support

armoredevil's Avatar


armoredevil
12.15.2011 , 07:56 AM | #12
Have to say I feel that all of us were made to belive that we would get in , kinda wondering if they had this planned and did not informe peeps. Seems to me like bad mojo
to start off on the wrong foot. (dont bite the hand that feeds ya)

kleptomas's Avatar


kleptomas
12.15.2011 , 07:57 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Vereleisk View Post
Gamestop and EBGames are thieves, EVERYTIME I pre-ordered stuff there, I NEVER got my pre-order codes. (AION, SWTOR, Dragon Age II Signature, ETC)
BUT everytime I order through AMAZON or Videotron (local game shop) I get my pre-order codes, coincidence? I think not.

3/3 no pre-order codes for GAMESTOP and EBGAMES
5/5 pre-order codes for AMAZON, ORIGIN, etc

That tells me the real deal.
I've actually never had a problem with getting my Gamestop codes. I've ordered tons of stuff with them. The trick is to have a power-up rewards card, its like $10 a year and instead of the moron in the store typing in your email wrong they just scan it and you've entered all the information yourself.

kleptomas's Avatar


kleptomas
12.15.2011 , 07:59 AM | #14
Lol. They just gave me a forum warning for making this thread! I can see Bio-Ware is going to have a failure of a game that only fanboys will be on by april..

Darthshnooky's Avatar


Darthshnooky
12.15.2011 , 08:00 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by armoredevil View Post
Have to say I feel that all of us were made to belive that we would get in , kinda wondering if they had this planned and did not informe peeps. Seems to me like bad mojo
to start off on the wrong foot. (dont bite the hand that feeds ya)
They've informed everyone, of everything, from day one. On the first day pre-orders were announced, we were told EGA would be based on when pre-order codes were entered. They have been very clear and informative about that. Get on 'em about grace period if you want to, but they were transparent about EGA since July 21st.

kleptomas's Avatar


kleptomas
12.15.2011 , 08:10 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Darthshnooky View Post
They've informed everyone, of everything, from day one. On the first day pre-orders were announced, we were told EGA would be based on when pre-order codes were entered. They have been very clear and informative about that. Get on 'em about grace period if you want to, but they were transparent about EGA since July 21st.
Actually... Gamestop was advertising you WILL get a one week head start. So if they are going to contract with a retailer maybe they should get the facts straight first.

Right now I can refuse acceptance of this package and tell Bio-Ware and Gamestop to get bent minus the shipping fee, 100% legally. Which may be just what I do at this point....

My friends are all so far ahead catching up to them is going to require me to quit my job if I want to....

This waves crap should've been thought out better, and tested during beta, since you guys claim you had hundreds of thousands of people in beta. Why wasn't this thought of before?

Because Bio-Ware is a horrible company. I've got an email from one of their employees threatening to have me arrested over reselling an EverQuest account he sold to me. I still laugh everytime I wind up at the front of my inbox and see it.

Velerak's Avatar


Velerak
12.15.2011 , 08:20 AM | #17
If you go into your account page, click on enter code, it has a code entry history on the bottom. If you believe that date to be wrong then you really need to phone customer services.

tbh, if you didn't buy the game from Origin, you can't hold EA or Bioware accountable. Your contract is between you and the company you bought the game from as BW didn't hold a gun to your head and demand you buy it there.

Levelling is quick enough to be honest, you'll catch up to your friends in no time if they want you to catch up.

Vel.

kleptomas's Avatar


kleptomas
12.15.2011 , 08:25 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Velerak View Post
If you go into your account page, click on enter code, it has a code entry history on the bottom. If you believe that date to be wrong then you really need to phone customer services.

tbh, if you didn't buy the game from Origin, you can't hold EA or Bioware accountable. Your contract is between you and the company you bought the game from as BW didn't hold a gun to your head and demand you buy it there.

Levelling is quick enough to be honest, you'll catch up to your friends in no time if they want you to catch up.

Vel.
Actually they DID say I had to buy it there. Since I was receiving a physical collector's edition box I was forwarded to a list of retailers. Therefore Bio-Ware has entered into a binding contract with said retailers.

Bio-Ware is an American based company which means they must follow American contract law. They assumed responsibility by placing that retailers logo on their page. If said retailer commits fraud past that point, in the laws eyes. Bio-Ware is just as guilty.

Hieny's Avatar


Hieny
12.15.2011 , 08:38 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by kleptomas View Post
Actually... Gamestop was advertising you WILL get a one week head start. So if they are going to contract with a retailer maybe they should get the facts straight first.

Right now I can refuse acceptance of this package and tell Bio-Ware and Gamestop to get bent minus the shipping fee, 100% legally. Which may be just what I do at this point....
So because you have to wait til the game is actually released you having a little fit? Bioware have ALWAYS advertised UP TO five days, which means anything from one second before the 20th or 5 days. Yes, it's a clever use of words, but theres nothing wrwong with that, at all. If Gamestop (I'm english, so don't know much about them) have been advertising wrongly, then sure go and complain for the sake of five days.

Every MMO I have played from launch had a rough start, and to be honest this is the smoothest I've seen. Sure I only pre-ordered early dec and dissapointed I have to wait til tomorrow / later, but for the time I have to wait for probably the amount of time I'll spend playing, it outweighs it greatly.

From the sounds of it, your almost craving access to the game, which from a Bioware perspective is great, your gonna play it loads. The extra day or two wait isn't going to kill you is it? AFAIK, you didnt PAY for early access, it's just a bonus of pre-ordering, and in the terms and conditions you clicked "I agree" to without reading, it probably protects them legally before you try and go all legal on their ***.

TLR Chill, wait and I'm sure you'll be playing and enjoying the game soon.

Genrazn's Avatar


Genrazn
12.15.2011 , 08:40 AM | #20
Tell me about it, I feel cheated, when they announced that the early game access was 2 days more I jumped ship and preordered the deluxe edition. Now im stuck with time dwindling down on the actual release date. Why did I pay 5$ preorder for the early game access if they are just screwing with the customers. This blows and everyone knows it.

Personally if they are having problems here then they are likely gonna have big problems at launch