EA Stock Surges After SWTOR Subscriber Numbers Reveal

Abriael

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, SWTOR has 1.7 million subscribers and growing, and EA's stock raise 6%. Not too shabby. Not too shabby.

Wonder where the analysts that were throwing mud on the game are now. Probably responding to angry calls.

Guess old dear Pachter was right for once :D

Oh? What did Pachter say?

:D

I love it.

The Spin Haters will attack this thread any moment.

Let them come. We like their nonsensical paying to hate (as they are subbed now). They just love to hate on the game so much they cant leave. ^^

Edited by Nemmar

I love it!!!!! I am still laughing at the blogger that called it "TORtanic" ha ha ha...

Lol that one was hilarious. Funny thing is that no one would have noticed his screams in the dark if a swtor site didn't quote him. Guess now he's digging a hole to bury himself.

But...but...the game is failing! The trolls told me so!

Former WoW players (99% of the hater trolls), who have never played anything other than WoW can't be wrong.

BTW, this thread will be closed and linked to one of the other threads about this topic at any moment.

So, SWTOR has 1.7 million subscribers and growing, and EA's stock raise 6%. Not too shabby. Not too shabby.

Wonder where the analysts that were throwing mud on the game are now. Probably responding to angry calls.

Guess old dear Pachter was right for once :D

Calling this game a winner based off of that is folly.

It is the 1st month of paid subs and the hype is wearing off fast.

Check back 6 months down the line if you want an accurate assessment of how the game is performing.

haha people who play the game think their opinion on its quality affects share holder value.

the most profitable company in the industry sells the worst games.

I guess you weren't around when the stock took a dive after one analyst came out against EA stock- and it was obvious from what he said that he was parroting the forums and the TORtanic crowd.

So yeah, the value can be affected by uninformed opinion, if idiots who get listened to think that the opinions are actually relevant.

Of course, some of us made a bit of money off of buying it when it dived... ;)

This.

TL/DR that the game will do just fine.

yup he was on the ball with that one.

Any normal person that played the game knew that was the case.

Its just astounding the ammount of haters/trolls it atracted aswell though. Blizzard's legion of fanboys trying to defend their favorite game? They contradict themselves in their actions. They leave WoW and try a new MMO, just to hate on it for not beeing WoW with a different skin. It is mind boggling.

Calling this game a winner based off of that is folly.

It is the 1st month of paid subs and the hype is wearing off fast.

Check back 6 months down the line if you want an accurate assessment of how the game is performing.

You mean the hype is wearing off fast because you say so? lol.

You know what 1.7 millions and growing means right? :rolleyes:

yup he was on the ball with that one.

Any normal person that played the game knew that was the case.

Its just astounding the ammount of haters/trolls it atracted aswell though. Blizzard's legion of fanboys trying to defend their favorite game? They contradict themselves in their actions. They leave WoW and try a new MMO, just to hate on it for not beeing WoW with a different skin. It is mind boggling.

I'm more leaning on RIFT's fanboys. Most WoW players don't even know that competition exists.

Gratz to EA and Bioware for the sales report and increase in stock price. However, anyone that understands the market understands the markets mean nothing. Speculation dictates stock prices, not fundamentals and quarterly reports.

They could be up today and the fundamentals could be good, but, then the derivative speculators take over and manipulate the markets.

So take this with a grain of salt. The only numbers that should be looked at is the bottom line profit margins.