Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Why the Ecceles FP is Hard for me to Go Through

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
Why the Ecceles FP is Hard for me to Go Through

imperetor
02.02.2012 , 02:37 PM | #1
I simply must inquire to you, the star wars community - what is with this desire to kill the engineers by releasing them into space!? It's dumb, i know, but every time that cutscene plays I have to cut off my pc screen and audio. I just can't stand hearing people scream as they die in a cutscene like that. I guess I'm wondering why pick republic when you want to kill innocent bystanders? (and yes, i know they're computer generated.) Discussion on the choice you have in the conversation is desireable.

bstucker
02.02.2012 , 02:48 PM | #2
Get a thicker skin man, sheesh. It's just a video game.

Qilz
02.02.2012 , 02:53 PM | #3
I kicked a cat today, the scream was amazing.

romandaemon
02.02.2012 , 02:57 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by imperetor View Post
I simply must inquire to you, the star wars community - what is with this desire to kill the engineers by releasing them into space!? It's dumb, i know, but every time that cutscene plays I have to cut off my pc screen and audio. I just can't stand hearing people scream as they die in a cutscene like that. I guess I'm wondering why pick republic when you want to kill innocent bystanders? (and yes, i know they're computer generated.) Discussion on the choice you have in the conversation is desireable.
Republic at times is as evil as empire.....dark Jedi were not uncommon. You are approaching it from perspective that empire is evil, republic is good...which is simply not the case. Both sides have good and evil people...its just a choice you make as to with whine you would prefer to ally....

And the answer is why not....you always try to do the right thing in life, so why not mess around and have some fun in a video game....don't see how that's any different then Assassin Creed or any shooter...really...
I find your lack of faith disturbing...

horatio_picard
02.02.2012 , 03:51 PM | #5
It's not evil to kill them. A commander knows that sometimes, for the good of the many, he has to send someone to certain death. Doesn't mean he/she relishes that idea. True, it's a darker option than the alternative in game. But the first time you go through the FP, you don't know that the other option won't get more people killed. That's why it's called a moral dilemma.

The way I play, is I've turned off the indicators to know which response does which. This way I'm playing the game based on gut feelings rather than, I want to be light or I want to be dark. Try it, it's a lot of fun.
Dramatis Personæ - Bergeron Colony
Kelmon <> Sith Warrior TANK , Viona <> Commando TANK
Lizbeth <> Bounty Hunter DPS , Pra'xis <> Agent DPS
Edom <> Smuggler DPS , Lenor <> Smuggler Healer
Evet<> Agent Healer , Zantiva <> Knight DPS

Split-Moon
02.03.2012 , 12:28 AM | #6
I personally hate the dark side option in this. It has literally no point at all yet people for some reason always pick it. I have had only one party that did the light side option, and you know what happens? You fight like two or three mobs. Narlock's group is fine, the engineer's don't die and Asara is still a *****.

Helig
02.03.2012 , 12:39 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by imperetor View Post
Not sure if troll.

If not, I also used to cringe if that option wins. Now, I've seen it far too many times to care.
"I'm not *giving* him cake, I'm *assaulting* him with cake!" - Pinkamena Diane Pie

Dirtylobster
02.03.2012 , 02:39 AM | #8
oh the sweet sound of flushing engineers so I don't have to kill them additional 10 mobs

Carbonated
02.03.2012 , 04:28 AM | #9
The real question is why wouldnt the imperials decided that hey, we can suck them out and then lock the bridge down then blow up the console and not have to worry about some group of people trying to storm the bridge?
I used to be Part of the community But the aussie dollar is strong with this one.

Quiet
02.03.2012 , 04:37 AM | #10
Why are you in a group that always picks that choice?

I guess you haven't done the Mandalorian Raiders flashpoint, because there is a similar lightside/darkside choice in that.
"If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.” - Dalai Lama (Seattle Times, 05-15-2001).