Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

How can it be I make Esselles & BT THREE TIMES and my char gets NOTHING

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
How can it be I make Esselles & BT THREE TIMES and my char gets NOTHING

Dovahkien's Avatar


Dovahkien
12.15.2011 , 07:52 PM | #21
It's prolly the same as other MMO's.....LOOT drops are determined the minute your group steps in...

DarthBloodloss's Avatar


DarthBloodloss
12.15.2011 , 10:15 PM | #22
Some instances are heavy in one type of loot. All the "Black Talon" armor pieces are heavy armor. So even though some medium or light drops, most of the drops are heavy armor. There are lots of places like this in other MMOs.

For example: Go into an ice cave and keep killing giants all night long. Their only drops are plate amor. So dont farm that area with a wizard and be upset that you dont get any loot drops.

Not to mention the BT gear will be replaced within hours. If you just run BT once and move on, you will get better gear thru normal progression at the same speed you would get it had you stayed back on BT and keep repeating it.
Bloodloss Mercenary
DESTROYER OF WORLDS || KEEPER OF SOULS

brutalsavage's Avatar


brutalsavage
12.16.2011 , 12:15 AM | #23
are you really complaining about how mmo games are designed??jesus christ ive done raids for months and got nothing just play the game odds are you will replace whatever you would have wanted to drop anyway

HittingSmoke's Avatar


HittingSmoke
12.16.2011 , 01:18 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthBloodloss View Post
Some instances are heavy in one type of loot. All the "Black Talon" armor pieces are heavy armor. So even though some medium or light drops, most of the drops are heavy armor.
No they're not. There are "Black Talon" heavy, medium and light sets. There's Juggernaut, Marksman and Inquisitor gear that I've seen myself. There also should be (as in it exists) Powertech, Sniper, Marauder and Operative Black Talon armor. They're just not dropping. I've run Black Talon over ten times in the last two days trying to get a lower Inquisitor robe. I've seen six upper robes and nothing else.

The reason people want these is not because of the quality of stats, but because it's the first upgradable armor. It can be upgraded quite cheap using the commendations everyone is touting as what people should be using to buy armor.

The simple fact of the matter is that people want to use the upgradable armor and carry it along with them for a while, using their commendation at the mod vendor as they level up. It's far more efficient than buying disposable armor sets from the commendation vendor.

The problem is the drop chances are very obviously bugged. When a specific armor piece for one class is dropping every run, and ten runs doesn't net a single other piece then something is up.
HittingSmoke Sith Member
All Out Assault
Republic Recruitment Thread/ Sith Recruitment Thread
All Out Assault - Not just a guild...but a gaming community

SinRMcSinR's Avatar


SinRMcSinR
12.16.2011 , 01:45 AM | #25
Random Loot is Random


Deal with it
The McSinR Legacy of Harbinger. Just a burned out raider turned casual, don't mind me.

We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.
Founder, DDE VIP , Pre-Orderer for SWTOR and RotHC

Cartho's Avatar


Cartho
12.16.2011 , 03:39 AM | #26
I did Esseles once and got an awesome lightsaber and a brilliant robe. Sucks to be you.
Slashinator, Sith Juggernaut - The Shadow Runner EU

Nyjil's Avatar


Nyjil
12.16.2011 , 03:46 AM | #27
ran esseles 3 times myself and didnt get any blues. just the way the dice rolls. commendations and warzones make up for it. i want my pvp gear anyway
"An old student is returning, and I think the Sith aren't going to know what hit them." - Master Kavar

Frenor's Avatar


Frenor
12.16.2011 , 03:48 AM | #28
Duoing with my smuggler friend with the esseles twice in a row and all trooper gear dropped. Was pretty sad face but then we realized the odds were stacked in troopers favor ebcause corso and cat man were with us.

Now I don't know if this is true, but so far it seems like each boss basicly has a chance to drop something good for people who are there. So say if you have one of each class type, it has a 25% chance per class. However, in the previous story it was me, a trooper, corso a trooper, and cat man being a trooper plus one smuggler. so it was 75% trooper loot and 25% chance for smuggler. It seems the game takes into effect even companions you bring. I have no idea if this is official, but so far this seems to be the way it works. The only time I've seen gear drop for someone not in a flashpoint was the greens you get from chests.

HOWEVER: We also got cursed with like 3 pairs of esseles smuggler gloves randomly dropped from the trash on each run. I'm almost willing to say this is some kind of bug or such.

Bottom line is though random is random. Even if you have a 1/2 chance of loot you still have a 1/2 chance of not getting it.

Solitare_medic's Avatar


Solitare_medic
12.16.2011 , 04:23 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Frenor View Post
Duoing with my smuggler friend with the esseles twice in a row and all trooper gear dropped. Was pretty sad face but then we realized the odds were stacked in troopers favor ebcause corso and cat man were with us.

Now I don't know if this is true, but so far it seems like each boss basicly has a chance to drop something good for people who are there. So say if you have one of each class type, it has a 25% chance per class. However, in the previous story it was me, a trooper, corso a trooper, and cat man being a trooper plus one smuggler. so it was 75% trooper loot and 25% chance for smuggler. It seems the game takes into effect even companions you bring. I have no idea if this is official, but so far this seems to be the way it works. The only time I've seen gear drop for someone not in a flashpoint was the greens you get from chests.

HOWEVER: We also got cursed with like 3 pairs of esseles smuggler gloves randomly dropped from the trash on each run. I'm almost willing to say this is some kind of bug or such.

Bottom line is though random is random. Even if you have a 1/2 chance of loot you still have a 1/2 chance of not getting it.

You do know your companions can also use gear? So even if it's not a direct upgear for you it can be an upgrade still.

Frenor's Avatar


Frenor
12.16.2011 , 06:01 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Solitare_medic View Post
You do know your companions can also use gear? So even if it's not a direct upgear for you it can be an upgrade still.
Oh this I very much know since on the second run my smuggler friends corso got kicked down all the trooper gear.