Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

How can it be I make Esselles & BT THREE TIMES and my char gets NOTHING

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
How can it be I make Esselles & BT THREE TIMES and my char gets NOTHING

snowmon
12.15.2011 , 08:23 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Elikal View Post
You know, I don't even ask for much! Just a new glove or hat, it doesn't have to have some great stats. Just SOMETHING to feel rewarded for my effort. In this case I DIDN'T EVEN GET THE LOUSY T-SHIRT! I just want a small piece to feel my effort is rewarded in some small silly piece. And not just a mere cold handshake!
for a BH u can get gloves, boots, chest, blaster, for everyone else u gotta be dam lucky lol. ran this place 10+ times in beta stress test and only BH stuff dropped.
lvl 55 PT DPS, ToFN Server

BankOfAmerica
12.15.2011 , 09:00 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by kalicokane View Post
Naw man I feel you. It's just bad luck really, as the loot is based on RNGs. I remember back when playing WoW, after a whole night of heavy raiding (raiding, mind you, is much more consuming than a flashpoint/instance) I would end up not picking any loot up and not because i would lose a roll... No. Just because no loot would drop for my char. It is awful but it's just luck.

And tbh, don't obsess so much over early flashpoint loot. You'll end up replacing it really fast anyways.
This is correct but when you get your drop towards flash points replacing it won't be fast. Me (IA Sniper) recieved a drop on BT (some duster) and during my questing phase in Kass City didn't find a decent replacement (for Critical Chance) til Friends of Old (Herioc). I still say rolling more than once in flashpoints should be a thing to enjoy the drops are just bad lucky really.

ArcadesSabboth
12.15.2011 , 09:00 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Elikal View Post
You know, I don't even ask for much! Just a new glove or hat, it doesn't have to have some great stats. Just SOMETHING to feel rewarded for my effort. In this case I DIDN'T EVEN GET THE LOUSY T-SHIRT! I just want a small piece to feel my effort is rewarded in some small silly piece. And not just a mere cold handshake!
You did get something--incredibly efficient experience points and also a Dromund Kaas Commendation that can be turned in for guaranteed BETTER loot when you get to Kaas City. The drops you received in BT are soon replaced by commendation purchases or cash purchases in Kaas City.

Also, if you do 2-man speed runs with companions (space bar skip all conversations) it's an amazing way to level and rack up commendations. You also have a 50% chance to get any item that is useful for you or YOUR COMPANION (you should be trying to improve your companion's loot too if no one else needs it--which happens a lot in 2 man runs).

Savriel
12.15.2011 , 09:03 AM | #14
I remember running through it with 2mercs, myself as powertech and a sorc picked up a chest piece, gloves, blaster and offhand shield on that run. Mercs where pisssed saying I needed on everything but they where all upgrades i equipped right there.

mynameisharry
12.15.2011 , 11:46 AM | #15
I would prefer flashpoints/ops to only drop useable items by the groups doing them, doesn't seem too much to ask for.

However it maybe there is some design balance or time sink component that pure random loot gives Bioware that just handing out rewards faster they would miss out on.

Good luck next time, and remember not to stress over the early stuff as you'll be out of that gear pretty quickly.

Elikal
12.15.2011 , 12:11 PM | #16
I just made Esselles again in a duo. And this story is no hoax.

We looted 7 IDENTICAL pairs of gloves "esselles something gloves" and 9 different rifles!

Of course a Jedi and Smuggler could use NONE of the many rifles. We even began to make a joke of opening a "Rifles and Gloves" shop on Coruscant.

This is just very, very wrong.
"There is no civility, only politics."
-Senator Palpatine

azmundai
12.15.2011 , 12:54 PM | #17
id ninja loot from ya too if you talked in caps like that.
x-server lfd tools are great for cramming people into content, but quality > quantity.

razcalking
12.15.2011 , 02:09 PM | #18
Sigh - this topic is idiotic. This game already solves that problem. How?

Commendations. You gets tons of them doing flashpoints, and you can use them on gear that is perfect for you. Far more than most other MMOs do.

Matrxhasyou
12.15.2011 , 04:15 PM | #19
Yeah, totally random. Though I agree with you, the game should at least look at what classes are there, and drop loot for at least one of the players. Or... barring that, make it so that the item nobody can use isn't bound on pick-up, so you can get more than vendor price for it.

As far as luck goes, I ran Esseles on my consular, got a drop on every single boss. My teammate was pissed, all I could do was shrug The next time through, one thing dropped for him, and nothing for me.

Oh yeah, and those random rare drops on non-bosses: one run through BT yielded 9 pairs of the same boots lol. Of course I could use them, but not all 9 pairs!

Certh
12.15.2011 , 06:30 PM | #20
You know what you should feel rewarded for? The EXP and the LEVELS, as well as perhaps your need to use capitals instead of typing normally. Hell, I'd be happy if I could play now, but nooo because of my bandwidth. Just be happy that you can play TOR and stop complaining.
Certh - Jedi Master of
Defenders of the Faith