Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Best Shadow Build for SOLO PVE?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Shadow / Assassin
Best Shadow Build for SOLO PVE?

shoenvar
02.02.2012 , 01:55 PM | #1
The Title says all...

Whats the best build and spec for leveling in PVE. I like to do most of the pve content solo. At least [Heroic 2+], i am currently 32 and using mainly balance in combat tech. With the coming path dont know.

I am not fun of Infiltration, i prefer Balance or Kinetic...

1. - What to choose to do most of pve content solo... Balance or Kinetic, or (Infiltration )?
2.- Why?
3.- Good build.

Thanks

Kai-Eurah-Tird
02.02.2012 , 03:17 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by shoenvar View Post
The Title says all...

Whats the best build and spec for leveling in PVE. I like to do most of the pve content solo. At least [Heroic 2+], i am currently 32 and using mainly balance in combat tech. With the coming path dont know.

I am not fun of Infiltration, i prefer Balance or Kinetic...

1. - What to choose to do most of pve content solo... Balance or Kinetic, or (Infiltration )?
2.- Why?
3.- Good build.

Thanks
I'd definitely recommend 31/0/10. You're a tank with a lot of utility skills, team up with Tharan as your companion. You can reliably solo heroic 2+.

Why?
1 - Good damage for one, Time Slow and Force breach (in Combat Technique) alone will destroy most trash mobs, you can mop up the rest with whirling blow. Single target you got automatic crit on project 1 out of every 2 Double strike.

2 - Survivability through Self-healing. Even without Tharan Cedrax you can heal yourself reliably well with Harness Shadow. Activating Kinetic throw restores 18% of your health whenever you get 3 charges of Harness shadow (currently only proc from Project) not to mention you'll have a respectable amount of damage mitigation through armor shields.

3- Utility - Force sprint breaking movement impairments, Force Pull, and spinning kick without stealth. The Emperor's Children were laughably easy with the amount of abilities that interrupt their big force abilities.

KilmarFyrewynd
02.02.2012 , 03:31 PM | #3
Definitely Kinetic. Have Tharan heal you as you heal yourself. More tankability. Higher survivability. It's just not as "fun" (IMHO). I just love seeing those jaw dropping crits as a glass cannon.

shoenvar
02.02.2012 , 05:32 PM | #4
I was thinking going (27/0/14) for the coming patch 1.1.2.

I think Force in Balance better than Slow time for PVE ( am i wrong)

What do you prefer (27/0/14) or the (31/0/10) for SOLO PVE??

Thanks...

AstralFire
02.02.2012 , 05:37 PM | #5
You are wrong. 31/0/10 is vastly superior.
JEDI SHADOW

You've failed, your highness. I am a Jedi, like my father before me.

shoenvar
02.02.2012 , 05:42 PM | #6
I have vast repect for you AstralFire, love your guide, so i will go for (31/0/10).
Which will be the recomended way of adquiring then? First go the Kinetic talents and then Balance or a mix?

I mean the order in which you will take the talets.

Thanks...

AstralFire
02.02.2012 , 05:47 PM | #7
Kinetic first, for sure.
JEDI SHADOW

You've failed, your highness. I am a Jedi, like my father before me.

Kitru
02.02.2012 , 06:17 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Kai-Eurah-Tird View Post
1 - Good damage for one, Time Slow and Force breach (in Combat Technique) alone will destroy most trash mobs, you can mop up the rest with whirling blow. Single target you got automatic crit on project 1 out of every 2 Double strike.
Slow Time + Force Breach doesn't do nearly as much damage as you might think. Once you get it, enemies start being tough enough that Slow Time + Force Breach doesn't really bring enemies down like you might expect I always found it more effective to just chew through groups one enemy at a time.

Quote:
Activating Kinetic throw restores 18% of your health whenever you get 3 charges of Harness shadow (currently only proc from Project) not to mention you'll have a respectable amount of damage mitigation through armor shields.
It's a 12% heal, not an 18% heal.

I will have to agree that for solo PvE, Kinetic Combat 31/0/10 is probably best. You're tough as nails, damage is quite acceptable, and you pretty much never die once you get Tharan; if you're good, you can even solo champions without much effort (still takes a bit of time) which is a great source of blue and purple gear for your alts.
Walls of Text? I *love* Walls of Text!
My New Class Idea
Shadow Class Rep - Suggest/Review Questions Here
Quote: Originally Posted by Fende View Post
Listen to Kitru. Kitru knows all.

MithrilSoul
02.02.2012 , 06:23 PM | #9
Whether you do a full 31/0/10 build or some sort of hybrid tanking build (27/0/14, or even the formerly-very-popular 23/0/18 build, may it R.I.P.), there isn't a huge difference especially while leveling early on. I would disagree that the 31/0/10 is "vastly superior" from a pure SOLO leveling standpoint. I've recently been running the hybrid and having a 30m AoE that does pretty decent damage is much nicer than I expected it to be.

Anyways, whichever tanking spec you use, one piece of advice I will give is that for most fights, Tharan is NOT your best companion. For almost any sub-heroic content, what you need as a solo tanking shadow is not healing...you need more DPS. I think you are much better served with a decently-geared Zenith or Nadia than you are Theran. For really tough fights, pull out the healer. For everything else, bring a DPS char with you.
Varwe, lvl 50 Mirialan Jedi Shadow tank
Chief Officer, Ring of Destiny
recruiting mature, semi-casual players of all classes on Jedi Covenant server
Honor ~ Loyalty ~ Respect

bennydag
02.05.2012 , 03:04 PM | #10
Quote:
Anyways, whichever tanking spec you use, one piece of advice I will give is that for most fights, Tharan is NOT your best companion. For almost any sub-heroic content, what you need as a solo tanking shadow is not healing...you need more DPS. I think you are much better served with a decently-geared Zenith or Nadia than you are Theran. For really tough fights, pull out the healer. For everything else, bring a DPS char with you.
Well yes, with nadja etc. you may have higher dps for sure, but with therax you dont have any downtimes healing yourself. You may take longer killing the mobs, but dont have to care about your HP.