Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

George Lucas rumored to be erasing original trilogy (and he should).

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
George Lucas rumored to be erasing original trilogy (and he should).

Bladesingre
02.03.2012 , 02:51 PM | #81
Quote: Originally Posted by wrong_turn View Post
I'm very much in the skeptical/nonbeliever camp on this one. But assuming its true for a moment, it seems like a strange direction for GL to go with the franchise. Time Travel doesn't seem very Star Warsy to me. It sounds like he saw Star Trek (2009) and said, "hmm maybe thats how we undo all that stuff that made me a house hold name."

Your star trek quote rings closer to the truth then most folks know....

Lucas wants a reboot and has been shopping the idea within the film industry for a few years now...

gregordunbar
02.03.2012 , 02:52 PM | #82
Quote: Originally Posted by Tinasa View Post
No it's not. It's a cell in someones body. If you can take a blood test to test your levels, then it's Physical. And NOT the force. The force is an energy field. A mystical energy field. It has nothing to with Science. Star Wars is Science Fantasy, not science fiction in the sense that Star Trek is. I think you must just be trolling now.
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Midi-chlorian

at no point did I say Midichlorians IS THE FORCE. They are the explaination for how we connect TO the force.

Tinasa
02.03.2012 , 02:54 PM | #83
Quote: Originally Posted by gregordunbar View Post
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Midi-chlorian

at no point did I say Midichlorians IS THE FORCE. They are the explaination for how we connect TO the force.
What you are either deliberately ignoring or just seem to not understand is, that the force is what does the connecting. Not some cell in your body. You can't sit here and say you aren't calling it the force, but then tell me it's responsible for the Force doing what it does. You can't have it both ways.

And they most certainly did say it was the force. If you have more of the cells then anyone else, you are stronger in the force. A stupid, stupid idea that destroyed everything we understood.

Instead of training and becoming closer to force, you just need to be born with these cells. Completely undoes so much of the mythology.
Knight of the Old Republic 50th Sentinel - PURE
Smuggler/Sawbones 25th
Sith Inquisitor/Sorcerer 15th

gregordunbar
02.03.2012 , 02:55 PM | #84
No it's not. It's a cell in someones body. If you can take a blood test to test your levels, then it's Physical. And NOT the force. The force is an energy field. A mystical energy field. It has nothing to with Science. Star Wars is Science Fantasy, not science fiction in the sense that Star Trek is. I think you must just be trolling now.
Also, this is a completely false statement. All cells have energy and all energy can have an observed quantity...this was found by the freaking ancient greeks thousands of years ago and should be basic knowledge.

Tinasa
02.03.2012 , 02:56 PM | #85
Also, this is a completely false statement. All cells have energy and all energy can have an observed quantity...this was found by the freaking ancient greeks thousands of years ago and should be basic knowledge.
Material cells give off energy. But the force is NOT CRUDE MATTER.
Knight of the Old Republic 50th Sentinel - PURE
Smuggler/Sawbones 25th
Sith Inquisitor/Sorcerer 15th

Katharis
02.03.2012 , 02:58 PM | #86
Quote: Originally Posted by ShadoeWrayth View Post
Blue Ray
Purple Ray!
As of December, I feel more like I do now than I did before.

gregordunbar
02.03.2012 , 02:58 PM | #87
What you are either deliberately ignoring or just seem to not understand is, that the force is what does the connecting. Not some cell in your body. You can't sit here and say you aren't calling it the force, but then tell me it's responsible for the Force doing what it does. You can't have it both ways.
Actually I can, because you are basing everything on assumptions, I am basing it on actual information.

Even the star wars site says you are wrong, the canon says you are wrong, the movies say you are wrong.

Guess what, you are wrong.

If you are right, give me a single line from the movie that says midichlorians is the force. If you cant...dont you think its time to stop and re-think your assumptions?

Pirate_Ron
02.03.2012 , 02:59 PM | #88
they did it with Star Trek, why not Star Wars.

Basically the biggest issue is there will be two timelines to keep track of now.

PeepsMcJuggs
02.03.2012 , 03:12 PM | #89
Actually I can, because you are basing everything on assumptions, I am basing it on actual information.

Even the star wars site says you are wrong, the canon says you are wrong, the movies say you are wrong.

Guess what, you are wrong.

If you are right, give me a single line from the movie that says midichlorians is the force. If you cant...dont you think its time to stop and re-think your assumptions?
I have never claimed that midichloreans are the Force, which is why I told you to take ten seconds to click on the damn link. But since you seem incapable of doing that, let me copy-paste for you.

Quote: Originally Posted by Me View Post
The problem with midichloreans isn't that there's a scientific explanation for how Jedi use The Force: it's that it's an unnecessary explanation. Its the answer to a question nobody asked. People were perfectly happy accepting The Force as a mystical energy field that flowed through all living things. Giving a scientific explanation for Force ability as a measurable quantity makes it far more mundane.
Quote: Originally Posted by Razhah View Post
This is spot on. Most people who are upset about midichlorians are us who grew up with the original trilogy. Back then you felt anyone could be a Jedi if they worked hard and learned the mysteries of the force. Even a farmboy could learn it. Most people had no idea what being a Jedi entailed other than they got a cool sword and could sense things and use telekinesis. Most people were ok with that since it gave a certain mystic feeling to it all. Then "A Phantom Menace" comes along and we all learn that we need these parasites to connect to the force and how strong you are is dependent on how many of these parasites you have. That just really ruined it for us old timers. It changed the whole story of a simple farmboy who learns the force in order to save the galaxy from the mysterious emperor and the evil Darth Vader. It turns out instead that this simple farmboy has alot of these parasite things and that is why he is able to become a powerful Jedi and defeat the empire. It just loses something with the explanation. Lucas should have just left it alone.
Quote: Originally Posted by Me View Post
Not to mention that for someone like Yoda, you assumed he was so amazingly powerful because of his age and his unwavering faith in The Force: that a Jedi's strength in the Force was only limited by his own convictions. You know, that size matters not.

Well, apparently size matters not, but midichlorean density does.
"Making the internet a happier place, one infraction at a time."

gregordunbar
02.03.2012 , 03:15 PM | #90
Quote: Originally Posted by PeepsMcJuggs View Post
I have never claimed that midichloreans are the Force, which is why I told you to take ten seconds to click on the damn link. But since you seem incapable of doing that, let me copy-paste for you.
Funny how you just quoted me talking to someone else and acted like I was talking to you. Trolling? If not, dont take me out of context to make it sound like something it isnt.

The link you posted was refuted by the link I posted in reply to you.

Also, a lot of the posts on that thread are for the idea or against the idea that people are against the idea...the LONGEST post is a rant about people complaining about the great explaination followed by people that agree with him.

Its easy to dismiss those that disagree with you and pretend they arent there to try to boost your stance...a stance mostly based on assumtions...or that two of the quotes to prove your point just so happens to be your own lol.