Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

George Lucas rumored to be erasing original trilogy (and he should).

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
George Lucas rumored to be erasing original trilogy (and he should).

Zag_Stratos
02.02.2012 , 04:46 PM | #11
Last week, we were talking about a semi official statement that Lucas was leaving the major picture film industry and going on to make little artsy movies for cultural centers.

Hey if Lucas wants to make a reboot... why not?

After all, the huge fun of Star Wars movies are often not for the story but the visual, the settings and etc. At least for me that's what I love of Star Wars. X-wings pew pew pew and lightsabers slashing things while we have those very unique planets and all... Story... I guess some people are in it only for the story?
|| LeZag - Sentinel || Zha'K - Shadow ||
-|- The Cross Legacy -|-
- FOH -

ShadoeWrayth
02.02.2012 , 05:14 PM | #12
The only thing that would bother me about any form of time travel/reboot, is that it would cause a limitless amount of people with threads and complaints, like, "What?!? But that's not even scientifically possible!!!" and canon people, "But no where in the canon does it say anyone ever even thought about time travel!"

And of course would make the separation of groups even worse... as it is we have people who are OT, and some are PT, and some are Fanbois who love everything no matter how much it does NOT work together (it's all still awesome!!!)... Now we would have more division...

On that note, why is it that the current fad for rebooting a series HAS to involve time travel?? I blame JJ personally...

BrandonSM
02.02.2012 , 05:49 PM | #13
Whoever wrote that is a downright idiot.

The source it came from is not a reliable source.
Hapan: "This creature has information that could lead us to a woman who has been kidnapped. We will get that information."
Luke: "This woman is a citizen of the New Republic, and if you do not take your hands off her, I will take your hands off you."

AuraJurai
02.02.2012 , 07:23 PM | #14
I for one would welcome it maybe it would actually fit with the prequals then
55 Rydia Mist [Marauder] 55 Aura Mist [Socerer]
Only a fool deals in absolutes

Bowlan
02.02.2012 , 07:27 PM | #15
And in 10 years...it'll be in 3D! Wooo!

ShadoeWrayth
02.02.2012 , 07:35 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Bowlan View Post
And in 10 years...it'll be in 3D! Wooo!
Nah, in 5 years we will have an extended edition, then 5 more we will have an update to technology when Blue Ray goes away, then 5 years more it will be remastered with unseen footage and extra behind the scenes, and maybe 5 more will be in holographic edition where you can take the role of Anakin.... Watch out for the end of Episode II though... sometimes things may seem TOO real

PeepsMcJuggs
02.02.2012 , 08:03 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by ShadoeWrayth View Post
Nah, in 5 years we will have an extended edition, then 5 more we will have an update to technology when Blue Ray goes away, then 5 years more it will be remastered with unseen footage and extra behind the scenes, and maybe 5 more will be in holographic edition where you can take the role of Anakin.... Watch out for the end of Episode II though... sometimes things may seem TOO real
Wait, you mean I get to be a complete jerk to everybody, tell Natalie Portman how I kill babbies when I'm angry so she falls in love with me, then I get to make babbies with her?

Deal the cards. I'm all in.
"Making the internet a happier place, one infraction at a time."

Tuscad
02.02.2012 , 11:20 PM | #18
If that is true and it happens I am going to need years of therapy.
Date Joined: March 2009 - Date unsubbed: 9/18/2012
It's been real but the game just wasn't worth the sub for me anymore.
Star Wars: First Assault is an Xbox Live Arcade game: http://kotaku.com/5948064/um-whats-t...ox-live-arcade

GoodEnoughForMe
02.02.2012 , 11:40 PM | #19
I am going to pretend this isn't true based on the weakness of the rumour so far.

On the off chance that this does prove true, I am pretty sure there is no reason left to live.
"When reality overcomes the dream, all sanity is lost in it's depth." -- Anonymous

Tuscad
02.02.2012 , 11:44 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by GoodEnoughForMe View Post
On the off chance that this does prove true, I am pretty sure there is no reason left to live.
Perhaps I will see you in therapy?
Date Joined: March 2009 - Date unsubbed: 9/18/2012
It's been real but the game just wasn't worth the sub for me anymore.
Star Wars: First Assault is an Xbox Live Arcade game: http://kotaku.com/5948064/um-whats-t...ox-live-arcade